Send us your best “My SWTOR Saga” screenshot moments!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if you re-activated in-cut-scene screenshots we could do this better heh?

It's been months since cut scene screenshots worked, and even then only about 40% of the time did it actually work. But, not it doesn't work at all. I swear you guys break more than you fix. I have gamed for YEARS and NEVER had problems with screenshots like this game has.

My advice. Fix your game before you make up an event that uses a BROKEN FEATURE in your game.

The inability to take screenshots in cutscenes might actually be a design choice rather than a coding error.

Though as to why, I don't know.

That's a great idea. But it will give me a very hard time. I have a couple of thousand screenshots. And a lot of them look epic. How shall I choose the "best"... I really don't know. But I will do my best.

You can submit ALL of them according to the earlier dev post. I'm probably going to submit 20-30 myself.

Just sent a pile of screenshots. Hopefully "cropped" isn't counted as "touched up". I had a lot of old screenshots that had either dialog or namplates, or the UI wasn't turned off, so i cropped out what i could.

Also, is sending as .rar archive ok? since the instructions said to identify the character name, i grouped them in individual folders by character and then created a single compressed rar file from each folder. If rar is no good i can also zip them or just send a bunch of emails with the actual image files attached, but there is well over 100MB in pictures and i cant send more than 25MB at a time.

***EDIT*** My second message was returned undeliverable! Thanks for letting us know we can't send >20MB at a time! :mad: swtor.com mail server rejected my email. breaking up and resending now...

Edited by DimmuJanKaarl

Hey! I have an idea! How about you actually make taking screenshots in game a reliable occurrence! 98.7% of the time I press the screenshot button, it doesn't work (and yes I have the calculations to prove my statistic). ;)

...and yep, it's been that way since BETA...(probably even before that!)

That's more a comment on the length of your play sessions than anything else. After a couple of hours print+screen is disabled, so that means 98.7% of the time you've been on SWTOR for HOURS...

Edited by AshlaBoga

The inability to take screenshots in cutscenes might actually be a design choice rather than a coding error.

Though as to why, I don't know.

I sincerely doubt it. Since it worked in the beginning, then it was predictably borked so that you could circumvent it, and now it basically doesn't work at all. I think they just didn't bother fixing it, or decided switching it off completely would somehow make people forget it ever existed..

It would be in Biowares best interests to fix in-cutscene screenshotting for good..

Edited by Karkais

I sincerely doubt it. Since it worked in the beginning, then it was predictably borked so that you could circumvent it, and now it basically doesn't work at all. I think they just didn't bother fixing it, or decided switching it off completely would somehow make people forget it ever existed..

It would be in Biowares best interests to fix in-cutscene screenshotting for good..

I think they decided to shut it off for good, maybe for some people it was causing C2D?

I think they decided to shut it off for good, maybe for some people it was causing C2D?

What is C2D?

I am not sure if Bioware is even aware of it, but outside cutscenes theres not really that much to take screenshots from.. Its nearly impossible to take any good screenies about combat with short animations and hovering damage numbers and whatnot. So if we want to take screenshots about our 'saga' theres not much options anymore.

I am torn whether I should try to take part in this competition by posting my old pics back when screenshot still worked or just boycott this whole thing cause Bioware has ignored the problems with screenshot command all this time.

Edited by Karkais

What is C2D?

I am not sure if Bioware is even aware of it, but outside cutscenes theres not really that much to take screenshots from.. Its nearly impossible to take any good screenies about combat with short animations and hovering damage numbers and whatnot. So if we want to take screenshots about our 'saga' theres not much options anymore.

I am torn whether I should try to take part in this competition by posting my old pics back when screenshot still worked or just boycott this whole thing cause Bioware has ignored the problems with screenshot command all this time.

Crash to Desktop.

P.S: You might to try unchecking "flytext" in your settings, just a thought.

Greetings,

Well SWTOR has a special place in my heart and mostly it's reminds of vast and beautiful planets across the amazing Star wars universe, so here are few of my journey records.

Wonders of ancient Gormak civilization:

http://s30.postimg.org/gvvjdxf4t/SWTORX1.jpg

Temple of lost souls:

http://s27.postimg.org/5ygw3b54v/SWTORX2.jpg

Nature beauty speaks for herself:

http://s29.postimg.org/l0qvcnphv/SWTORX3.jpg

Both thirsty and alone, Lord Sandi's in he's travels under the twin suns:

http://s27.postimg.org/yq9ey6rpb/SWTORX4.jpg

Lord Sandi's

Note: These screenshots are not modified, only vignette and SWTOR logo was added.

Thank you,

Best regards!.

Edited by sandisrd

Anyone know what emote(s) that Cathar is doing?

what a random post for this thread.

You're probably asking about the species emote that comes with Cathars. Sith have the one where they hit their companions in the face. Chiss pull out a map and the companion takes a knee. Zabrak (pub) cheer you on.

So, you see it's a social skill they come with. Guess I should have just said that from the beginning....