Afraid to put their big boy/girl pants on. Fix this please. Peter Pan isn't in SWTOR

Seena

I can agree and disagree. People should be able to gear out their toons extremely well. Problem is; they're exploiting a system that wasn't meant to be exploited; ie staying at the same level (ANY level) perpetually is breaking game mechanics. They do at lower levels just like at level 49 so it's another way for them to twink and actually get more out of it. Here's an example of how this exactly works:

Level 40 toon, wearing only four pieces of gear (Helm, Boots, Dual blasters) all level 40 modded with blues

Health: 8624

Armor: 744

Damage Reduction: 10%

Defense Chance: 5.0%

Dmg Primary: 371-558

Dmg Secondary: 65-121

Damage Bonus: 153.7

Accuracy: 95.15%

Crit: 22.08%

Crit Multiplier: 55.07%

Now with 4 Purples replacing the blues. Level 29 mods

Health: 9565

Armor: 968

Same DR/DC

Damage (Pri): 411-619

Damage (Sec): 65-121

Same Acc

Crit: 25.22%

Crit Multiplier: Same

FULL level 29 pruple gear: Modded bracers and belt as well. VS (blues) In order to do this, you must remove said mod from the cartel market gear (like most purple gear), the rating of the mod is higher than the equip level, thus giving you an even larger boost (Gear requires lvl 31, the mods are lvl 29 [Rated at 30]. Again, most purple gear is like this)

Health: 17515 (12258)

Armor: 5699 (4325)

Dmg Reduc: 46% (33.4%)

Same DC

Damage 705-1020 (464-551)

Dmg 2ndary: Same

Bonus Damage: 396 (146.8)

Crit Chance: 35.55% (30.03)

Crit Multiplier: 75.01% (57.05%)

As you can see, the gains are really massive.

(edited for spelling)

I didn't understand that his issue was with other levels staying at that level perpetually. I understood an issue with twinks (ie people who just twink out their gear).

Anytime anyone exploits to stay at ANY level imo it is unacceptable.

Why anyone would stay at less than level 49, when it is a clear disadvantage to do so, is beyond me.

edit: I think the confusion is coming from the term "twink". It seems some people (especially WoW players) associate this specifically, with someone who holds themselves at a certain level (whether legitimately or not). I've been gaming since the EQ and Asheron's Call days - when "twink" meant anyone who was putting in the effort to get the very best gear/stats possible. This didn't involve holding oneself at a certain level.

Edited by Seena

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A full weaponmaster/vindicator recruit gear'd jugg person has the following stats; No datacrons, Rakata might stim (SOURCE: AskMrRobot):

Damage (Pri): 625.2 - 773.2

Bonus dmg: 331.2

Accuracy: 99.65%

Critical chance: 30.82%

Surge: 68.17%

A full aug'd and optimized EWH (Some of the mods I couldnt find in EWH, or at least didn't see em) looks like this:

Damage (Pri): 914.5 - 1083.5

Bonus dmg: 578.5

Accuracy: 95.37%

Critical chance: 28.52%

Surge: 77.01%

Just throwin' this out there.

I 2nd that vote. XP for any kill should fix the problem. Then they'll be forced to hit 50. But I"m sure there will be one nut-job who will find a way to bring people down to low health, and let someone else kill them. Who gets the xp then lol. Just a thought.

The game awards kills to pretty much anyone you sneeze near during a warzone. It's why healers and AOE/DoT based classes get the most kills generally. It also rewards players who leave the warzone, which is the primary reason that XP is awarded at the end currently.

I'm not saying your solution couldn't work, those are just the negatives involved with it.

The game awards kills to pretty much anyone you sneeze near during a warzone. It's why healers and AOE/DoT based classes get the most kills generally. It also rewards players who leave the warzone, which is the primary reason that XP is awarded at the end currently.

I'm not saying your solution couldn't work, those are just the negatives involved with it.

What about a percentage as someone suggested earlier...staggered to increase as the WZ nears completion - large balance (51%) awarded upon completion?

A full weaponmaster/vindicator recruit gear'd jugg person has the following stats; No datacrons, Rakata might stim (SOURCE: AskMrRobot):

Damage (Pri): 625.2 - 773.2

Bonus dmg: 331.2

Accuracy: 99.65%

Critical chance: 30.82%

Surge: 68.17%

A full aug'd and optimized EWH (Some of the mods I couldnt find in EWH, or at least didn't see em) looks like this:

Damage (Pri): 914.5 - 1083.5

Bonus dmg: 578.5

Accuracy: 95.37%

Critical chance: 28.52%

Surge: 77.01%

Just throwin' this out there.

Aye, those are some decent gaps of gear, BUT any PvP'er worth a grain of salt will have a a fulls et of lvl 40 gear for himself and 2-3 companions. Will have TONS of Warzone comms stacked up, and knows it's pretty stupid to go into a WZ at 50 in FULL recruit gear (I've done it, it works and can be done... you just gotta be smart). They'll more than likely have a BM Mainhand and 4/5 BM a couple games after reaching 50 (or a WH mainhand and a couple pieces of BM gear). You normally swap out the Recruit bracers, belt, and weapons in order to roll with PvE modded peices. Recruit is HEAVY on Expertise and very low on stats. Also, to fix the gap in gear, 50's will obtain a free set of BM gear, much as they did the recruit gear (1.6). WH gear isn't a huge gap, and EWH gear is even a lesser gap from WH.

OP stop repeatedly bumping your own thread with useless retorts about an even more useless topic. Drop it already the only reason your thread got any attention is because people wanted to tell you what an idiot you infact are.

Awwwww clearly what ever I am doing - is getting your panties in a big twist.

I will make sure that I keep doing it.

Erm.... what ever it is...

:)

ps. Punctuation is your friend. :)

Edited by Seena

What about a percentage as someone suggested earlier...staggered to increase as the WZ nears completion - large balance (51%) awarded upon completion?

I'm starting to think this is the only solution overall, but I still hate giving any rewards to someone who leaves the warzone early. I suppose you have to sacrifice somewhere though.

I'm starting to think this is the only solution overall, but I still hate giving any rewards to someone who leaves the warzone early. I suppose you have to sacrifice somewhere though.

I understand that. But - there are lots of times when people leave early unintentionally - and it's kind of unfair that they don't get exp..

A very slow leak of xp would give those people a little something --- and stop people from remaining a certain level indefinitely......