(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

But then, I guess they already HAVE killed Vowrawn off now, sort of.

They did. There are too many 'can be killed' characters going around with all this branching. It would be hard to sustain it in long term, so Bioware should wrap everything rather soon to linear dealing with Tenebrae's plague or something. May be branching is just to show how chaotic things have become without eternal fleet keeping everyone in check, all while bigger threat somewhere under horizon.

Edited by Eanke

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been bringing my BH up to Onslaught this past few days, just finished Hearts and Minds, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where the heck I am meant to have previously met Darth Krovos? She greets me as if we are already acquainted when I never met her (On ANY toons) till now. Just for future runthroughs, which mission have I missed that I should do in the future so things make sense? You'd think they'd have a check in place to see if that character has actually met her or not instead of just assuming we all have, like in SoR there are different conversation options with Revan depending on whether or not that specific character bothered doing the mid-story Revan FP's as far as I remember, right? :confused:

Edit: Come to think of it, same goes for Admiral Aygo, my Rep characters all seem to know him already too, and my Imps seem aware of him at the least. Why?

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Just been bringing my BH up to Onslaught this past few days, just finished Hearts and Minds, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where the heck I am meant to have previously met Darth Krovos? She greets me as if we are already acquainted when I never met her (On ANY toons) till now. Just for future runthroughs, which mission have I missed that I should do in the future so things make sense? You'd think they'd have a check in place to see if that character has actually met her or not instead of just assuming we all have, like in SoR there are different conversation options with Revan depending on whether or not that specific character bothered doing the mid-story Revan FP's as far as I remember, right? :confused:

Edit: Come to think of it, same goes for Admiral Aygo, my Rep characters all seem to know him already too, and my Imps seem aware of him at the least. Why?

You meet them both via Kuat Drive Yards. :)

Whats that though? A flashpoint or what? I only play story so if something isn't purple, I usually miss it

Yes, it's a flashpoint. There isn't much of a story associated with it, but (as far as I remember) there is one cutscene starting the Republic version and another cutscene starting the Imperial version. You meet Aygo as a pub and Zasha Ranken and Krovos as an imp, plus (I think?) flight crews from galactic starfighter? You need to go to a not-so-commonly frequented part of the fleet that I visit so rarely that I can't even remember how to get there right now...

Huh... Just finishing Onslaught on my BH and for some reason when Scourge shows up at the end he said he was "An old ally you never met"? What the heck is he talking about? I only ask because I've also done Onsalught on my JK (Where he obviously has different dialogue), my SW (Again, different dialogue due to Wrath on Wrath conversation lol) and I've done it on my SI, and I don't think Scourge said anything about us being old allies in that playthrough, since my SI and Scourge have no connection, so why is he saying it to my BH...? Or does he always say that and I just missed it on the SI?

Huh... Just finishing Onslaught on my BH and for some reason when Scourge shows up at the end he said he was "An old ally you never met"? What the heck is he talking about? I only ask because I've also done Onsalught on my JK (Where he obviously has different dialogue), my SW (Again, different dialogue due to Wrath on Wrath conversation lol) and I've done it on my SI, and I don't think Scourge said anything about us being old allies in that playthrough, since my SI and Scourge have no connection, so why is he saying it to my BH...? Or does he always say that and I just missed it on the SI?

I just finished it on a SI and he only talked about "an old ally"

Have you done every story content with your BH, cause if not, then that could give some clues as to who that mysterious ally could be.

I think he just implies that, since you fought against Valkorion and he fought against Valkorion, that you're allies by default. The "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" idea. And since he was against Valkorion/Vitiate for a very long time indeed, he used the term "old ally". The rest is self-explanatory, I think :)

Edited by Ylliarus

I think he just implies that, since you fought against Valkorion and he fought against Valkorion, that you're allies by default. The "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" idea. And since he was against Valkorion/Vitiate for a very long time indeed, he used the term "old ally". The rest is self-explanatory, I think :)

Hm Scourge says something along the lines of being guided by "an old ally" to go after Tenebrae's original body rather than try to kill him in his then current form, which was our characters.

Hm Scourge says something along the lines of being guided by "an old ally" to go after Tenebrae's original body rather than try to kill him in his then current form, which was our characters.

The old ally who guided Scourge hasn't yet been revealed, though. Most likely it was Revan or the Exile, because Marr wasn't an ally of Scourge's, I believe. And he never met Satele, so it couldn't have been her either. So I think that the old ally that Scourge speaks of will be Revan, because he too was focused on destroying Vitiate.

The old ally who guided Scourge hasn't yet been revealed, though. Most likely it was Revan or the Exile, because Marr wasn't an ally of Scourge's, I believe. And he never met Satele, so it couldn't have been her either. So I think that the old ally that Scourge speaks of will be Revan, because he too was focused on destroying Vitiate.

Pretty sure Scourge is introduced to Satele and several other Jedi once you bring him to Tython after escaping the Emperor's fortress. Besides, 'an old ally' isn't necessarily his old ally. Could be an old ally of ours, the player character, in which case Marr and Satele, given KOTFE, both fit. Then if you take into consideration that the Jedi Knight's crew accompanied them through SoR, even if the game doesn't highlight it, it stands to reason Scourge does know Marr and Satele, again. Of course there is also the KOTFE chapter where Marr and Satele leave you because the Force has summoned them elsewhere which may just be to aid Kira and Scourge. So, I remain curious and wouldn't discount them in favor of the typical old cat in the bag that is Revan.

Edited by JennyFlynn

Pretty sure Scourge is introduced to Satele and several other Jedi once you bring him to Tython after escaping the Emperor's fortress.

Oh wow, that completely slipped my mind. I think it's time to replay the Jedi Knight class story and refresh my memory there, because it seems a few things have slipped through the cracks XD

Scourge is in the final JK cut scene, looking extremely uncomfortable ;)

Also, I don't know if this is common knowledge, but if you have any Mandalorian with you (Akaavi, Shae Vizla, etc), Indigo has completely different dialogue. I assume it's the same if you actually take a BH to talk to him, but I haven't done that yet.

I love those little touches!

Yes, it's a flashpoint. There isn't much of a story associated with it, but (as far as I remember) there is one cutscene starting the Republic version and another cutscene starting the Imperial version. You meet Aygo as a pub and Zasha Ranken and Krovos as an imp, plus (I think?) flight crews from galactic starfighter? You need to go to a not-so-commonly frequented part of the fleet that I visit so rarely that I can't even remember how to get there right now...

Also, if you saved Ranken as an imp during that part of the EE storyline (on the ship where Scorpio betrays you), Krovos says that she and her family send their regards.

Pretty sure Scourge is introduced to Satele and several other Jedi once you bring him to Tython after escaping the Emperor's fortress. Besides, 'an old ally' isn't necessarily his old ally. Could be an old ally of ours, the player character, in which case Marr and Satele, given KOTFE, both fit. Then if you take into consideration that the Jedi Knight's crew accompanied them through SoR, even if the game doesn't highlight it, it stands to reason Scourge does know Marr and Satele, again. Of course there is also the KOTFE chapter where Marr and Satele leave you because the Force has summoned them elsewhere which may just be to aid Kira and Scourge. So, I remain curious and wouldn't discount them in favor of the typical old cat in the bag that is Revan.

Good points and we also have to remember that Marr is a force ghost now, so who knows where he's been off to or up to. In a way, I hope it's not Revan, but only time will tell.

So where do you guys see the story heading from here? I sense Another expansion with dealing with the plague incoming. Or another Ossus type content.

The plague thing will be most certainly a side story, probably a Flashpoint/Operation in 6.1, identical for both factions.

Beyond that, I'd like to see more class story content, but I know it's going to be hard to see. I could be satisfied with two nice stories for both factions as Onslaught or RotHC.

The plague thing will be most certainly a side story, probably a Flashpoint/Operation in 6.1, identical for both factions.

Well whatever it is as it is something really tied to the solo story (especially for Knights), it needs to be soloable, so i really hope it'll not be an Operation.

I'd be fine with a FP though, even if it's not my favorite kind of story content, at least i'd be able to do it on my own.

Edited by Goreshaga

Well whatever it is as it is something really tied to the solo story (especially for Knights), it needs to be soloable, so i really hope it'll not be an Operation.

I'd be fine with a FP though, even if it's not my favorite kind of story content, at least i'd be able to do it on my own.

We've already seen story content in ops. I think it could be an interesting idea to make a solo story mode for operations with some NPCs helping (like the FP droid). The temple of sacrifice is a good example of a waste of content for story solo players. It could have been an extra motivation for them to subscribe, like "premium content", with the random tasks on Yavin as a F2P alternative. But Bioware won't listen to reason, they have their idea in mind of what should be an operation and won't change it.

We've already seen story content in ops. I think it could be an interesting idea to make a solo story mode for operations with some NPCs helping (like the FP droid). The temple of sacrifice is a good example of a waste of content for story solo players. It could have been an extra motivation for them to subscribe, like "premium content", with the random tasks on Yavin as a F2P alternative. But Bioware won't listen to reason, they have their idea in mind of what should be an operation and won't change it.

If they can do it the same way they did for SoR and the Revan fight and provide a solo alternative to an operation, i'd not mind them making an operation version of that, but seriously locking that part behind group content only, i'd feel really insulted that something that is so important and so closely tied to my main character's story could not be done solo.

If they can do it the same way they did for SoR and the Revan fight and provide a solo alternative to an operation, i'd not mind them making an operation version of that, but seriously locking that part behind group content only, i'd feel really insulted that something that is so important and so closely tied to my main character's story could not be done solo.

Yeah, I really wish they would not put operations into the main storyline without also making a solo version like they did for Revan.

locking that part behind group content only, i'd feel really insulted

I was playing Spider-Man on the PS4 yesterday and was similarly insulted by the lack of multiplayer options to carry me through the boss fights. They really should develop games with the whims of random players with crazy off track ideas because following internal road maps and standards has really limited the potential of the whole medium.

I think the republic will focus on finding the scattered Jedi and bringing them back together again.

The empire side is still up in the air.

I do know a lot of people would prefer Jadus come back long-term as the new sith emperor replacing either Vowrawn or Acina, as he is the only one truly left that carries any sort of weight in terms of power and the role. Let's be honest that the others seem like light weights compared to his presence in the vanilla game. And it would be a waste to just bring him back only to kill him off quickly.

• 4 months later...