More rewards for tanks and healers

Caelrie

Thats not what i asked you is it, what i asked you is if or when duel spec comes in that the majority want duel spec to allow you to switch between your Class http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes Advanced skill trees.

No one knows because Bioware hasn't stated.

But for myself, I would hope not.

And if we want to go semantics, dual spec != dual class. Spec is one of the 3 trees you can choose.... just saying.

Edited by jgoldsack

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows because Bioware hasn't stated.

But for myself, I would hope not.

And if we want to go semantics, dual spec != dual class. Spec is one of the 3 trees you can choose.... just saying.

Its Biowares definition of class not mine, in the sense of dual spec in wow the class involves all trees of the class which are 3, our classes have 5 trees.

Edited by Shingara

Its Biowares definition of class not mine, in the sense of dual spec in wow the class involves all trees of the class which are 3, our classes have 5 trees.

The difference is, WoW is setup to where classes that can heal/tank can also DPS. But their dual spec does not change their class. It simply lets them change their tree. A Paladin is a paladin is a paladin.

In SWTOR, base classes are the same, but they have no skill trees. You only get that when you choose your advanced class, while the base class is the same, there is nothing to respec with a base class. Advanced classes have only 3 trees. I don't know about your characters, but mine only have 3 trees each. Advanced classes are the real classes of the game.

The difference is, WoW is setup to where classes that can heal/tank can also DPS. But their dual spec does not change their class. It simply lets them change their tree. A Paladin is a paladin is a paladin.

In SWTOR, base classes are the same, but they have no skill trees. You only get that when you choose your advanced class, while the base class is the same, there is nothing to respec with a base class. Advanced classes have only 3 trees. I don't know about your characters, but mine only have 3 trees each. Advanced classes are the real classes of the game.

Being able to be in any advanced tree within the class wouldnt do that, a smuggler would still be a smuggler, a trooper remains a trooper, a bounty hunter remains a bounty hunter. They arnt base classes, they are the class, the advanced tree is the advanced skills you train in for you class.

Ill link it again http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes . Class.

Advanced skill trees only have 3 trees, both advanced classes only have 5 trees. so again, advanced trees are not a class, they are an advanced skill set only. You trying to define class by number of tree's is flawed on you basing it on world of warcraft where this game is very much not world of warcraft.

I do not know why you are arguing with facts specifically set out within the games faq.

But in all honesty i give in with this because this doesnt resolve the underlying issue which is that the rewards are only 1 time a day, that there is no proof that this idea increses the use of the rgf and that no matter how many times ppl think saying its true without proof doesnt make it true until the proof is provided. Nor the semantics of what is/could/would be a class because it was x in wow.

Edited by Shingara

Being able to be in any advanced tree within the class wouldnt do that, a smuggler would still be a smuggler, a trooper remains a trooper, a bounty hunter remains a bounty hunter. They arnt base classes, they are the class, the advanced tree is the advanced skills you train in for you class.

Ill link it again http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes . Class.

Advanced skill trees only have 3 trees, both advanced classes only have 5 trees. so again, advanced trees are not a class, they are an advanced skill set only. You trying to define class by number of tree's is flawed on you basing it on world of warcraft where this game is very much not world of warcraft.

Go click into any of those classes. It defines the advanced classes for each. Note it says "Advanced Class". Not advanced skills. Based on what is done IN GAME, where it lists what class a player is, it defines it by the Advanced Class the player selected. So to me, that is what the game defines as the players class.

Essentially, there are 24 classes. Only 8 of them do not have any skill trees associate with them. I say this because until you pick an advanced class, you are defined as "Smuggler", "Conselor", "Bounty Hunter", etc. One you choose your Advanced Class, this definition in game changes to reflect the choice you made. So you are no longer defined as a "Smuggler", but rather as a "Scoundrel" or a "Gunslinger".

I do not know why you are arguing with facts specifically set out within the games faq.

But in all honesty i give in with this because this doesnt resolve the underlying issue which is that the rewards are only 1 time a day, that there is no proof that this idea increses the use of the rgf and that no matter how many times ppl think saying its true without proof doesnt make it true until the proof is provided. Nor the semantics of what is/could/would be a class because it was x in wow.

Having played WoW as all 3, DPS, Healer, Tank, I know from experience that I was more willing to suffer through the group finder when there were rewards for me to do it. Just as you claim there is no proof of it working, neither have you provided proof that it did not work. All I can say to that is when I used it, I had instant queues on my healer and tank, and near instant on my DPS, when the rewards were in place.

Well this has been hilarious to read.

Firstly. This is a good idea. People in my guild have had to wait hours for tanks at times, and it shouldn't be like that. The idea to implement rewards for the classes that the GF needs in order to function seems like a swell idea, and lets be honest, this game is all about the creds, the rewards. Whose going to turn down extra rewards.

As for Respeccing, it does essentially help out quite a few hindrances. Sage's can be DPS or Heals, Shadows can be Tanks or DPS, etc etc etc.

I don't see any problem with this at all, think its a great idea.

Although, being that i can't see the name now, i'll say the person with the hutt picture? Your argument makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, I could go into my kitchen and have a more sufficient debate with a plate of waffles. As has been said, there is no downside with a system that rewards players, of any role, based on percentages that happen to be queuing. Its a self correcting system that, at this current moment, doesn't look like it has a fault.

Go click into any of those classes. It defines the advanced classes for each. Note it says "Advanced Class". Not advanced skills. Based on what is done IN GAME, where it lists what class a player is, it defines it by the Advanced Class the player selected. So to me, that is what the game defines as the players class.

Essentially, there are 24 classes. Only 8 of them do not have any skill trees associate with them. I say this because until you pick an advanced class, you are defined as "Smuggler", "Conselor", "Bounty Hunter", etc. One you choose your Advanced Class, this definition in game changes to reflect the choice you made. So you are no longer defined as a "Smuggler", but rather as a "Scoundrel" or a "Gunslinger".

Having played WoW as all 3, DPS, Healer, Tank, I know from experience that I was more willing to suffer through the group finder when there were rewards for me to do it. Just as you claim there is no proof of it working, neither have you provided proof that it did not work. All I can say to that is when I used it, I had instant queues on my healer and tank, and near instant on my DPS, when the rewards were in place.

Advanced class= advancment within the class. A smuggler remains a smuggler, there core skills are still smuggler skills, the advanced skills are gained from your advanced class skill set. your still arguing the definition of the class :rak_02:

And i think that is your main problem, WOW, this isnt wow, we dont play paladins, shamans, warlocks or hunters do we. We dont have 3 trees per class, we have 5. Get over the fact this isnt wow.

I dont need proof that it doesnt work, ive not said it does or doesnt, I have asked for proof to show that it does. I have said this again and again. And it doesnt change the fact that rewards are 1 time a day. Show me just adding the reward on every run wouldnt increase rgf to the desired lvl.

Edited by Shingara

Although, being that i can't see the name now, i'll say the person with the hutt picture? Your argument makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever, I could go into my kitchen and have a more sufficient debate with a plate of waffles. As has been said, there is no downside with a system that rewards players, of any role, based on percentages that happen to be queuing. Its a self correcting system that, at this current moment, doesn't look like it has a fault.

So your agreeing with me that providing the reward we get now for doing the 1st run of the day for everyone for every run would increase RGF to the desired level , so how are those waffles talking to you in the kitchen.

Because as it stands i cannot tell where you stand.

The comedy value is fruitful. And my heart bleeds for the lose.

Edited by Shingara

Advanced class= advancment within the class. A smuggler remains a smuggler, there core skills are still smuggler skills, the advanced skills are gained from your advanced class skill set. your still arguing the definition of the class :rak_02:

I'm going by what the game tells me a class is. I don't see "smuggler" listed under class when I pull up the who list, other than for people who do not have an advanced class. You can ignore that if you want, but it is pretty clear in game what a class is. You are still arguing the definition of class...

And i think that is your main problem, WOW, this isnt wow, we dont play paladins, shamans, warlocks or hunters do we. We dont have 3 trees per class, we have 5. Get over the fact this isnt wow.

First, I am glad this isn't WoW. I left that game for a reason, and am not going back to it.

Second, please show me where I can get those other 2 skill trees. I only have a choice of 3. And I don't see how allowing me to dual spec will change that, because Advanced Class is not a spec.

Attempting to make me feel silly won't work. Having read all of this conversation, you're in no postition to make anyone feel silly really.

Shall i go into depth on what i meant? Make it easier to understand for you? Mkay.

There is no downside to a system that rewards players "That are needed for the GF to function adequately".

As in if it needs tanks, then reward the tanks. If it needs DPS, then reward the dps. Etc etc

All you have done is attempt to belittle others with your know-it-all attitude and make out that a good idea, is infact, not that good at all. If this works in WOW, the most popular MMO on the planet, then we can only assume, it will work here.

Oh and the waffles are great. Before eating them they told me you have the integrity and intelligence levels equal to that of a slab of limestone.

I'm going by what the game tells me a class is. I don't see "smuggler" listed under class when I pull up the who list, other than for people who do not have an advanced class. You can ignore that if you want, but it is pretty clear in game what a class is. You are still arguing the definition of class...

First, I am glad this isn't WoW. I left that game for a reason, and am not going back to it.

Second, please show me where I can get those other 2 skill trees. I only have a choice of 3. And I don't see how allowing me to dual spec will change that, because Advanced Class is not a spec.

Ill show you where it says class, http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes . But i dunno i never see orange gear that says must be x advanced class do you or x advanced vendor. And i never asked if you were happy to have left wow, still play wow or anything along those lines, i stated your defining class based on 3 trees, which your still doing.

And i dont see where we have dual spec so its academic, its very academic when your trying to compare wow class's to swtor class's.

The comedy value is fruitful.

Shingara, I have (sadly) read all of your posts in this thread. Nothing you have said in relation to this topic has provided any value and in fact has only caused confusion due to your rampant twisting of words and back pedalling of stances. I can state emphatically that you are a troll of the highest order. My hat is off to you, sir. With that said, I have securely deduced that nothing you post in this forum will be of use to any persons who wish to engage in common sense or reasoned debate. Welcome to /ignore.

Attempting to make me feel silly won't work. Having read all of this conversation, you're in no postition to make anyone feel silly really.

Shall i go into depth on what i meant? Make it easier to understand for you? Mkay.

There is no downside to a system that rewards players "That are needed for the GF to function adequately".

There is no fault in a system that just rewards people for every run, mkay

As in if it needs tanks, then reward the tanks. If it needs DPS, then reward the dps. Etc etc

So if the reward is there for every run people will q for it more mkay

All you have done is attempt to belittle others with your know-it-all attitude and make out that a good idea, is infact, not that good at all. If this works in WOW, the most popular MMO on the planet, then we can only assume, it will work here.

All you have done is not a great deal when all i have asked for is proof that giving rewards to only tanks and healers works, mkay it was me that said give it to all roles, mkay

Oh and the waffles are great. Before eating them they told me you have the integrity and intelligence levels equal to that of a slab of limestone.

if waffles are talking to you i dont think its me you need to worry about mkay :cool:

MMMM kay :cool:

Ill show you where it says class, http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes . But i dunno i never see orange gear that says must be x advanced class do you or x advanced vendor. And i never asked if you were happy to have left wow, still play wow or anything along those lines, i stated your defining class based on 3 trees, which your still doing.

And i dont see where we have dual spec so its academic, its very academic when your trying to compare wow class's to swtor class's.

I'm going to say it one more time, since you apparently fail to grasp it.

Go look IN GAME. Not the website. IN THE GAME. Open up your guild list/friends list/who list. Look at the column "Class". It defines it right there, what the game thinks classes are.

Obviously the website and game to not match up their verbage, but one has to take what is in game as the "actual" meaning, since that is what it is programmed to be for every single player who plays.

Wait thats your comebacks? To.... Wait for it...... Attempt to correct me (In order to make me feel less intelligent no doubt) and then offer advice based on my sanity?

Phew..... No idea how to recover from that....... Thats..... Wow.

Swiftly back onto topic, The system is a good idea. It will work, as it has in other games. It would have to be switched up a bit so you can get it multiple times, whether it be Credits/Comms (I'm thinking creds, as people will be getting comms far to quickly otherwise). I can happily switch from Tank to DPS to fill slots, same as some others can happily switch from DPS to Heals/Tank. So i think its a good idea. I get that some classes can't do to much (Sentinel for one) but hey, with the sheer amount of players that should jump at this idea, for those select few it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone else have any intelligent input then by all means, post away.

Go look IN GAME. Not the website. IN THE GAME. Open up your guild list/friends list/who list. Look at the column "Class". It defines it right there, what the game thinks classes are.

Obviously the website and game to not match up their verbage, but one has to take what is in game as the "actual" meaning, since that is what it is programmed to be for every single player who plays.

Dude has a point. With most MMO's and even card games, Whats on the actual Game/Card will always supersede anything else. Bravo good sir.

Do me a favour, go look up RD-07A Spider bracers, thanks.

Edited by Shingara

Do me a favour, go look up RD-07A Spider bracers, thanks.

That's because it can be used by both advanced classes. Easier than to put "Requires: Scoundrel, Gunslinger".

But whatever. You obviously are fine with ignoring my point, because it negates your argument.

Actualy whilst we are at it tell me what Captain Qonbla, Juuho, dobe and Briqui are and there titles.

We are talking about players, not NPCs. Please go look up what I said to go look at in game, and tell me what it says players classes are.

Edited by jgoldsack

That's because it can be used by both advanced classes. Easier than to put "Requires: Scoundrel, Gunslinger".

But whatever. You obviously are fine with ignoring my point, because it negates your argument.

We are talking about players, not NPCs. Please go look up what I said to go look at in game, and tell me what it says players classes are.

i moved this here because thought more fitting.

No quite the contrary, but actualy whilst we are at it tell me what Captain Qonbla, Juuho, dobe and Briqui are and there titles. They are very specific npcs.

Edited by Shingara

*Points at the sign* JGOLD look. Don't feed the trolls. It only makes them and their Ego even bigger.

Yeah but I am kinda bored, and he keeps me entertained.

lol.

in all seriousness, I don't see any problem with the OP suggestion. It can't do any harm, it can ONLY help. It would make ME want to do more GF FP, because as it stands right now, I rarely do them because it isn't worth the hassle.

Yeah but I am kinda bored, and he keeps me entertained.

lol.

in all seriousness, I don't see any problem with the OP suggestion. It can't do any harm, it can ONLY help. It would make ME want to do more GF FP, because as it stands right now, I rarely do them because it isn't worth the hassle.

Agreed. I'll do one for the daily bonus? But if the game suddenly offered more then i'd more more as opposed to sitting around on fleet dancing/Attempting to break the Bio analysis Market.

Agreed. I'll do one for the daily bonus? But if the game suddenly offered more then i'd more more as opposed to sitting around on fleet dancing/Attempting to break the Bio analysis Market.

Right so you agree with shingara yet are taking the side of the person who has lost the argument to them and decided to try and squable about what a class is instead of the subject topic.

And as for you, i dont know how you have the cahonas to try and stand there and say that because it was in world of warcraft the same rules on class must apply. The advanced skills arnt a stand alone class, we dont get new ships, we dont get a different class story.

The reason why it shows up what advanced class you have is only so it is easier to find a healer or tank when looking in /who.

So all i have seen in this topic so far is people jumping about stating that tanks and healers are special. The first person to state everyone should get a reward for every run was shingara. So i think some of you should get off your high horses.

Edited by Raphiel_

Right so you agree with shingara yet are taking the side of the person who has lost the argument to them and decided to try and squable about what a class is instead of the subject topic.

And as for you, i dont know how you have the cahonas to try and stand there and say that because it was in world of warcraft the same rules on class must apply. The advanced skills arnt a stand alone class, we dont get new ships, we dont get a different class story.

The reason why it shows up what advanced class you have is only so it is easier to find a healer or tank when looking in /who.

So all i have seen in this topic so far is people jumping about stating that tanks and healers are special. The first person to state everyone should get a reward for every run was shingara. So i think some of you should get off your high horses.

QFT :eek:

Edited by Shingara