Pvp Tank Gearing

Usefulidiots

Howdy,

I was wondering how you Vanguard pvp tanks out there where planning to gear yourself. Before these pvp tank changes, i used a shield gen and had the 4 set supercommando bonus. I used a dps weapon and pretty much all other slots were dps.

Should we be using more def/shield/absorb gear with 2.0? I feel like i would like to add any dps stats i can, i havent been doing much damage and i am dropping pretty quick in my WH gear. I know it is still early, but maybe some folks messed around with it on PTS.

Level 55 is soon. What do you guys think before we start buying gear. Thanks.

Howdy,

I was wondering how you Vanguard pvp tanks out there where planning to gear yourself. Before these pvp tank changes, i used a shield gen and had the 4 set supercommando bonus. I used a dps weapon and pretty much all other slots were dps.

Should we be using more def/shield/absorb gear with 2.0? I feel like i would like to add any dps stats i can, i havent been doing much damage and i am dropping pretty quick in my WH gear. I know it is still early, but maybe some folks messed around with it on PTS.

Level 55 is soon. What do you guys think before we start buying gear. Thanks.

Ok the first thing a van tanks what's is shield absorb

What I'm planning on doing is getting is dropping defense rating and getting all shield and absorb to take advantage of the new shield mechanic plus shielding gives you all your procs

I would also go for getting the 2pc PvP super commando and then get the 2pc combat tech set for the decrease in tenacity cd (4pc supercommando bonus is complete crap, increasing baby tank dps by 5% still gives you crappy baby dps)

Tank spec with dps gear isn't worth it be haze you don't have mitigation to deal with 2.0 bursty PvP and you won't get enough dps from the gear to apply half the pressure of a true dps spec

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same. Since a tank spec shouldn't be about DPS anyway and more about protecting. Hopefully, a few more will give their thoughts or what works good for them.

*Last night after being on the trooper all day, I switched to a few alts to play some pvp. It was a frustrating night. It didnt matter who I logged on to, i was getting destroyed. I was on my dps sage with full WH and a few Elite WH pieces and only had 19k hitpoints while the 36 smuggler standing next to me had close to 24k hps. Same thing with my healing commando. After taking many, many whoopings, I switched over to some lowbie toons (in the 40's) and had the same luck. Rough night. Looking forward to getting back on the trooper tonight haha......

Unless they made changes to the way shields work in PvP, shields will never activate when someone manages to hit you with a critical attack. So you end up always taking the full damage of a critical attack (assuming they don't miss). So stacking shield will protect you from all the kinetic/energy damage that comes in as long as it's not a critical.

Though stacking shield and defense with very little absorb may work out better in the long run, not really sure though.