Change Rest abilities and toys toggle or increase channel time to (near) infinite

Glzmo

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely support this BUT there is a problem with this: how will you stop it?
Just like you can stop it now. Perform an action, move or enter combat. No changes needed in that regard. Edited by Glzmo

The Life Day Orb for sure, should be increased to at least 15 seconds, the minimum time of most other "rest" mechanisms. Often I have to double-Life-Orb to rest to full health which is actually quite annoying, and makes the Life Orb a 2nd-class item when it's supposed to be a specialty object.

If 9999 seconds is not to BioWare's liking, 2 minutes would be a great amount of time for all of these, similar to the timeout duration when slicing terminals such as in Colicoid War Game.

The Life Day Orb for sure, should be increased to at least 15 seconds, the minimum time of most other "rest" mechanisms. Often I have to double-Life-Orb to rest to full health which is actually quite annoying, and makes the Life Orb a 2nd-class item when it's supposed to be a specialty object.
Yeah, that's a different issue, but increasing and normalizing all such rest abilities to 9999 seconds will take care of that and put it on equal footing with the other rest abilities too.

If 9999 seconds is not to BioWare's liking, 2 minutes would be a great amount of time for all of these, similar to the timeout duration when slicing terminals such as in Colicoid War Game.
Well, 2 minutes wouldn't be nearly enough for roleplaying purposes. There are RP events where you may wish to remain seated on the Portable Relaxation unit for hours, for example. Or suspended in a Kolto tank, carbonite, meditate, etc..

I agree. 15 seconds is not enough. Who even meditates for 15 seconds at a time? Or after a long fight, I'm going to sit in my chair to rest... by the time it takes for me to sit and stand back up, I've only sat there for 10 seconds. I dont see the point of sitting in the first place ha.

Bumpin' this.

It'd be such a simple fix to make these items invaluable for RP. I definitely think you'd see an influx of Cartel Pack purchases on RP servers. I'll even vow to pick up a hypercrate in support!

Edited by Inflicktion

this has to be done, i mean meditating forever would be great for RP however id also like to suggest other abilities to be infinite.

some of the Tech and Tool Emotes only last a few seconds they would be nice if they were longer to. also companion dance

this has to be done, i mean meditating forever would be great for RP however id also like to suggest other abilities to be infinite.

some of the Tech and Tool Emotes only last a few seconds they would be nice if they were longer to. also companion dance

That's a good point. I've added the ones you explicitly mentioned to the list. Could you be more specific which tech and tool emotes could use a longer/looping duration? If anybody else knows of any others, feel free to post here and I'll add them to the list if it makes sense.

I shall also agree to this wonderful idea and post.

Many of the items and actions you would use in the game, make no sense to just channel for 15seconds. From an RP standpoint anyways. This change would not break the game, it would not interrupt the non-RPers out there and would add a new element to the game that could very well be enjoyed.

If people are paying good money for subscriptions and even the cartel market, make this timer change and let some people get their worth out of the items.

/signed

You can tell this thread is going places when MajikMyst agrees it's a good idea...

Antagonism and Joking aside, I'm surprised more people aren't signing... I mean, this benefits EVERY kind of play style (RPers get longer durations, PVPers and PVEers alike do not have to use the Orb or what have you twice, and soloists can heal their companions more effectively.) so why hasn't it already been implemented?

I fully agree with this, sitting and relaxing in an MMO environment is pretty important actually, it makes people /feel/ more relaxed in your environment whether they role play or not, and it alleviates the stress of players. Without these options I find it sometimes uncomfortable to play SWTOR for very long.

Yay! Two pages! Keep it up people, BioWare needs to start to consider this!

I mean, it would take maybe an hour or two to implement this change that they might consider miniscule, but that we roleplayers would love having so much. Come on BioWare... please, it wouldn't be that hard to set an animation loop on these things... You do it with other animations too.

Edited by Kuronan
More to add.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem I would have with this is Introspection.

After the end of the 15s your JK will do the stand up animation...which flows perfectly and looks realistic.

Manually ending Introspection by moving suddenly jolts your character to an upright position.

It just doesn't look right at all.

However, if this was made into a toggle...then there would be no problem. As the detoggling of the power will start the stand up animation.

The problem I would have with this is Introspection.

After the end of the 15s your JK will do the stand up animation...which flows perfectly and looks realistic.

Manually ending Introspection by moving suddenly jolts your character to an upright position.

It just doesn't look right at all.

However, if this was made into a toggle...then there would be no problem. As the detoggling of the power will start the stand up animation.

Indeed. They could always link the standup animation to trigger when starting to move, however. It shouldn't be such a big obstacle.