Remove Force Bound

soo-low

CF costs 6 million credits and about 9-18k tech frags which can be grinded in less than a day doing flashpoints.

Forcebound costs roughly 120mill.

They are not comparable set bonuses. Even if they were, forcebound would require infinitely more resources than CF.

When you say infinitely more resources, they aren't drawing from the same resource pool. Force Bound only requires the credits while other non-craftable sets require credits and Tech Fragments.

Everyone had to start with 0 Tech Fragments.

No one started with 0 credits.

You can insta-buy the FB set if you already have the capital, which requires almost zero time investment, assuming the entire set is available. With credit totals reaching into the billions for some players, a small percentage of their purse goes to buying the set.

The other sets require you to put in significantly more time into the game or to get lucky. Time may be more of a resource investment to some people as opposed to credits.

Most veteran players probably will have no problem coming up with that amount of credits but forcing them to play content that they do not like is a huge burden. No PvPer wants to grind Hammer Station FP for an entire day.

A valid argument can be made that Tech fragments require more resource investment and a valid argument can be made that credits require more resource investment.

Differences aside, why does one set get a pass while the other does not?

When you say infinitely more resources, they aren't drawing from the same resource pool. Force Bound only requires the credits while other non-craftable sets require credits and Tech Fragments.

You can insta-buy the FB set if you already have the capital, which requires almost zero time investment, assuming the entire set is available. With credit totals reaching into the billions for some players, a small percentage of their purse goes to buying the set.

The other sets require you to put in significantly more time into the game or to get lucky. Time may be more of a resource investment to some people as opposed to credits.

Most veteran players probably will have no problem coming up with that amount of credits but forcing them to play content that they do not like is a huge burden. No PvPer wants to grind Hammer Station FP for an entire day.

A valid argument can be made that Tech fragments require more resource investment and a valid argument can be made that credits require more resource investment.

I started this expansion with 300 million credits. I now have 50 mill, which is back up from a low of 20 mill. That 120 million figure is a next to impossible thing for me.

Add this to the laundry list of reasons I don't do ranked, rarely do PvP at all anymore, and haven't done anything in game in swtor outside of solo dailies and the like for new cq in over a month.

CF costs 6 million credits and about 9-18k tech frags which can be grinded in less than a day doing flashpoints.

Forcebound costs roughly 120mill.

They are not comparable set bonuses. Even if they were, forcebound would require infinitely more resources than CF.

I'd pay 120 million for a complete gear set any day over grinding HS over and over, and over. It took me about 2 weeks to go from 70 to 75 and have a complete set of CF gear pieces.

If someone runs a stable of toons for tech frags, then sure maybe someone could grind 18k tech frags but I don't see that happening the way I play. I am not running a bunch of alts through a conveyor belt of PVE to gear up faster.

So for me, in a nutshell the time spent grinding for a complete set of CF gear pieces is far more valuable to me than a measly 120mil credits. I'd pay that any day for a complete gear set.

1) hardcore pvpers don't have large sums of credits. compared to engame pve, endgame pvp gives very little credits (with the exception of rare dueling tournaments).

2) most pvpers grinded MM RR and MM hammer station on the first day of expac. In fact only a select few pvpers abstained from grinding gear through pve, at least that I know of.

3) as others have said in this thread. tech frags are not a scarcity. credits are. I am a "veteran" pvper. I am practically done gearing all my toons on 3 different servers, with multiple specs, tacticals, and set bonuses per toon. I know others that are completely done. I have more tech frags than I have a use. Credits on the other hand, I could always use more of.

3) 125mill is not a small portion of anyone's "purse." It doesn't matter if you own billions or trillions.

If someone runs a stable of toons for tech frags, then sure maybe someone could grind 18k tech frags but I don't see that happening the way I play. I am not running a bunch of alts through a conveyor belt of PVE to gear up faster.

My friend didn't want to gear his set bonus for his operative. He was tired of grinding. He told me he would pay me play his account and gear his operative for him. He gave me his account in the morning, I had it done by the end of the night. Full set bonus and tactical. My case is extreme. I did nothing but MM RR. Others do it in 3 days. 1 week. 2 weeks. Either way that time is minuscule compared to the time needed to grind 120mill in today's game. Think it about it like this... how long would it take you to grind 120mill? How long would it take you to grind 18k tech frags.

Because none of them should not get a pass. If a set bonus or tactical is overtuned it should be nerfed, regardless of price, resources, or effort it took to acquire them.

Edited by septru

Everything you said is just not true...

Most veteran players on darth malgus have grinded hammer station and red reaper to death in the first days of the expansion and already had full set bonus of 306 and tacticals. The only thing they lacked were the new augments at the time.

When 6.0 came out I did nothing but MM Hammer Station for an entire week to gear myself up . It was painful, but was it worth it ? Clearly yes... Now I have so much tech frags that i don't know what to buy anymore.

I

Everything you said is just not true...

Most veteran players on darth malgus have grinded hammer station and red reaper to death in the first days of the expansion and already had full set bonus of 306 and tacticals. The only thing they lacked were the new augments at the time.

When 6.0 came out I did nothing but MM Hammer Station for an entire week to gear myself up . It was painful, but was it worth it ? Clearly yes... Now I have so much tech frags that i don't know what to buy anymore.

I

This ^