State of the Game #3

CourtneyWoods

He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?

^ This x10 BW!!! Expresses my very feelings.

But overall, good job on the game so far, so long as you keep straight on this path I'll stay subbed. I won't get into want I would like sepcifically but you should take a look at pvp content and overall quality of life features for all players. These few wz's and the nonexistent world pvp system is frustrating. You can read the forums for specifics if need be.

Keep us in the loop, and keep marching on.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a good update.

Barbershop, etc. is well received. I'm perplexed at the addition of species changing but I'm not against it exactly.

My motto is, as always, more choice the better. There has been some great new content recently.

I still haven't purchased a single item on the CM, but I did like some of the items associated with the Gree Event.

Malak costume is well received. You guys are getting closer to my wallet.

- Arcada

I think the game is going good personally. There are way too many "Chicken Littles" on these forums. The devs announce things with not too much detail and the negative players assume the worst.

I personally would like to see character transfers happen. I think the barbershop should be an in game credit purchase but the racial change should be cartel coins. The last major thing I would like to see is legacy name changes. THAT would be awesome.

For the most part, I am happy with the game and I will continue to sub and enjoy what I have.

Thanks for the update Jeff. You said everything I wanted to hear. I'm glad to see after the hutt expansion they have some time to focus on quality of life features. Keep up the good work Bioware there are so many out there enjoying the game despite the many complainers on the forums.

To address some of the comments regarding the Cartel Market that keep spilling force.

As the self-declared one-time representative of the moderates on this forum ;), I will say that I think the Cartel Market has operated much more unobtrusively than I had anticipated.

My general rule of thumb is that if it is new content, B.W. is within their rights to deliver it through the C.M. This is not the wisest action if you want to keep me subscriptions. I'm paying whatever a month so I get access to everything I need to complete the game (storylines, operations, etc.) and compete with other players in PVP. The second I need to whip out my credit card to do any of the above I'm gone.

B.W. seems to appreciate the above.

- Arcada

Haha, cartel coins for hair change. It's actually a clever idea, besides he said through the cartel market. How do you know that doesn't mean once you have bought it once you can change as many times as you like? There were no specifics so you can't whine about it already.

Because this is a quality of life feature that should be entirely serparate from the CM. Using ingame creds, not Cartel Coins.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

A cartel barber shop? I'd hope that was just poorly worded and what you meant to say was "Race changes = CM coins"

Because you'll never have anyone pay Cartel Coins to change their hairstyle... not when every other MMO who has a barber shop, does it for free, in the game.

If you had an "advanced barber shop" where you gave the ability to use sliders like the character creation should've had at launch (that the beta testers continually said and brought up) You might get someone to spend some RL money on making changes to their characters.

But if it costs 2 dollars to change eye colors... it'll be another wasted feature that you spent development time on instead of giving players what they actually wanted. Content.

lol wow I'm actually feeling sorry for Bioware. You guys really know how to complain don't you? I swear, the team could do absolutely everything right at this point and you guys would still nitpick about every single little thing. Have you ever, at least once, considered that they don't tell you stuff because they don't have a definitive answers themselves? You keep demanding answers to certain things and giving them **** when they probably don't have any answers to give.

And then there's the idiots threatening to go f2p. Go right ahead. I've heard significantly less positive feedback from people going from p2p to f2p than I have f2p to p2p. You just go ahead and stop paying to prove a point. Your point is that you want (insert any combination of a million things here) and unless you get it you're going to stop giving them the money that could actually get you those things.

Now don't get me wrong I can understand your complaints, but as far as I can tell that's all people are doing about it. Just complaining nonstop and hoping someone will come and see what all the fuss is about.

In this case, the squeaky wheel doesn't get the oil. It's worked until it breaks and then replaced while they try to find a way to fix the problem next time.

Dear Jeff,

I am glad you are 'committed' to improving player experience, all though I would like to question your statement "Our new, high capacity servers are teeming with people?" and draw your attention to the most viewed thread on SWTOR forums regarding the plight of the APAC servers and the frustration the entire APAC community seems to be experiencing with the rather extended lack of action to address this problem by your staff unfortunately.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

We would really appreciate some kind of a non cut n paste repeat type reply "if possible", explaining what are the issues behind not being able to implement any of the suggestions given and if there is kind of time frame or action plan yet to fix the problems mentioned in this thread. :)

Edited by Thepainfairy

I love the mention of adding in a way to edit your characters physical appearance. I've been calling for something like this for quite some time. Might I make a few suggestions:

Make this feature a selectable Crew Skill. This would further encourage more social interaction between players. Cartel Coins are great, but lets keep them for items and fun unlocks. Encouraging a stronger social interaction will keep people in the game and get more people into the game via word of mouth.

While adding appearance customization to the game, why not add in, perhaps as another aspect to Appearance Editing as a crew skill, the ability to craft dyes, to allow fore greater variety in armor/clothing colors.

Having an apperance editor crew skill could also be a good way to put new hair style, eye colors etc into the game that would not be available at character creating. Further funneling social interaction.

Edited by xxbadtouchxx

Because this is a quality of life feature that should be entirely serparate from the CM. Using ingame creds, not Cartel Coins.

How is it a quality of life feature? Changing something cosmetically doesn't improve the quality of your character. It's entirely unneccessary as far as game progression goes. Which are EXACTLY the things that are supposed to be on the cartel market.

This is rediculous. So much flaming and whining about this and every cartel item put on the cartel markets is able to be purchased with CREDITS. People getting a hissy fit over nothing. Oh well they need their drama I guess. Enjoy it, savor it..

I personally think this is an absolute joke. Things like a barber shop you have to use cartel coins for?????!??!?! are you kidding me. If i knew that this game was going to take this path with the cartel market and favor those who drop tons and tons of their hard earned real life money into the cartel market while subscribers like me get short handed with gear, and aesthetics I wouldnt have stayed this long. Everything I have seen since the cartel market went live was a major decline in tech support and a huge favoritism with F2p Players. For crying out loud half the crap in the market should have been in the game from day one and sadly I remeber the posts talkign about how jedi wont be able to wear sith gear and because you guys loose players thats all ok but u gotta get it through the cartel market like ***?!?! At least show some respect for ppl who are paying month subs and atelast give us a friggen discount on the cartel market. I dont even wanna get started on how B.S. it is that you guys said the cathar would be free for subs and now that along with a barbershop has to be bought through cartel like commmon stop being so damn money hungry and throw some new stuff out there specific for subs and make half the crap or even more in the cartel market purchase able with credits.

This games is slowly becoming a money hungry typical EA joke. ESO.... bioware good luck your going to have some competition.

I want to know what happen to world PvP.... Bioware stated that they had huge plans for Illum and it was coming in Feb. 2013, Yet all we got was a "collect two orbs, wait in line and click on the fountain looking thing" that was your big change for world PvP ?!?! This took you guys 8 months to program?!?!

Not to mention you guys are putting in allll this small lil fluff crap to keep ppl distracted that you guys havent put any new content in in month besides a half assed event that god know y u took it away for a couple weeks just to bring it back exactly the same (herp derp) and then you are expecting this expansion to save the player base with 1 planet and 5 new level + a crap ton more of cartel bs . Im very angry with how this is being conducted that speeder in teh cartel market yea the racer?!?! y wasnt that purchaseable on tattooine jesus at least you coulda done was realease a section on tat where you could race against ppl in pod races earing new racers but noooooooo lets put more dumb crap in the cartel maket screw content and subs we are just going to milk the crap out ppl until we shut the damn game down. or even server transforms now thats something i would actually use cartel coins for. and how friging long ive been waiting for a pvp to pve transfer is just a joke. hell where is the space pvp our starships are rendered as totally useless with the priority transports like common im sick of ea and these half assed devs. i could probably craft a better game in unity 3d

I personally think this is an absolute joke. Things like a barber shop you have to use cartel coins for?????!??!?! are you kidding me. If i knew that this game was going to take this path with the cartel market and favor those who drop tons and tons of their hard earned real life money into the cartel market while subscribers like me get short handed with gear, and aesthetics I wouldnt have stayed this long. Everything I have seen since the cartel market went live was a major decline in tech support and a huge favoritism with F2p Players. For crying out loud half the crap in the market should have been in the game from day one and sadly I remeber the posts talkign about how jedi wont be able to wear sith gear and because you guys loose players thats all ok but u gotta get it through the cartel market like ***?!?! At least show some respect for ppl who are paying month subs and atelast give us a friggen discount on the cartel market. I dont even wanna get started on how B.S. it is that you guys said the cathar would be free for subs and now that along with a barbershop has to be bought through cartel like commmon stop being so damn money hungry and throw some new stuff out there specific for subs and make half the crap or even more in the cartel market purchase able with credits.

This games is slowly becoming a money hungry typical EA joke. ESO.... bioware good luck your going to have some competition.

Most MMO's I know of require you to spend real cash to make changes to your character (IE: Barbershop)... So nothing new here... I do agree that sub's shouldn't have to purchase the Cathar race.... If Bioware wants to keep there bread and butter customers happy they would show some appreciation for paying subscribers and give us the cathar race as part of our subscription

Edited by Monoth

Most MMO's I know of require you to spend real cash to make changes to your character (IE: Barbershop)... So nothing new here... I do agree that sub's shouldn't have to purchase the Cathar race.... If Bioware wants to keep there bread and butter customers happy they would show some appreciation for paying subscribers and give us the cathar race as part of our subscription

your kididng right... wat mmo do you play the required u to spend rl cash on changing ur damn hair at the barber???? shoulda played WoW buddy