Toth & Zorn agro difficulties on HM.

My guild is having some difficulties with Toth & Zorn HM, we know that our tanks need to swap when "the leap" occurs and we know that they dump agro when it happens. However it seems that our Vanguard tank is having difficulty pulling Zorn off after the leap which leaves both Toth & Zorn beating on our Guardian tank.

We're also aware that AoE Taunts overwrite the single targets (or something like that, im posting for them) so both of our tanks are using their single target taunt on the targets they need to peal off.

I hate to jump to conclusion and think "zomg its bugged" but its seem rather odd that the same thing happens everytime to our Vanguard tank.

I would gladly appreciate if any1 could have any info about this at all, is it a known bug or a mechanic that we're missing or w/e else.

Side Note: I've suggested our Vanguard tank to delete his ****** toon, seems every mechanic in the world bugs on him for every single fight ever. I've yet to hear from him however... :p

March 30th patch notes removed the agro drop on the boss when they leap.

Also, Zorn will be immune to taunt for a short time. However, if your tank aoe taunts to keep agro before the leap, Zorn will be immune to taunt for the duration of the ae taunt. Your dps needs to go easy before the first leap and use threat dumps. Aoe taunt should never be used in that fight, even if they're at opposite ends.

March 30th patch notes removed the agro drop on the boss when they leap.

Also, Zorn will be immune to taunt for a short time. However, if your tank aoe taunts to keep agro before the leap, Zorn will be immune to taunt for the duration of the ae taunt. Your dps needs to go easy before the first leap and use threat dumps. Aoe taunt should never be used in that fight, even if they're at opposite ends.

Incorrect. Tanks can AOE taunt at any time when they are apart until just before a leap with zero issues. Additionally, they are not immune to taunts when they leap.

Regarding the Vanguard issue, not sure what to say except play better. Threat isn't an issue in this fight at all. Either he needs to get a clue, or you need to replace him.

Helpful tip for him: If he starts on Toth here is what he needs to do. Toth leaps, then he targets Zorn, Leaps, Taunts, repositions if he moved at all. Easy.

If he starts on Zorn, he just taunts Toth and then moves him back to his original spot. Then applies the above on the next leap.

Rinse/repeat then dead.

Incorrect. Tanks can AOE taunt at any time when they are apart until just before a leap with zero issues. Additionally, they are not immune to taunts when they leap.

Regarding the Vanguard issue, not sure what to say except play better. Threat isn't an issue in this fight at all. Either he needs to get a clue, or you need to replace him.

Helpful tip for him: If he starts on Toth here is what he needs to do. Toth leaps, then he targets Zorn, Leaps, Taunts, repositions if he moved at all. Easy.

If he starts on Zorn, he just taunts Toth and then moves him back to his original spot. Then applies the above on the next leap.

Rinse/repeat then dead.

Zorn will infact be immune to taunt of the other tank decides to ae taunt him before the leap. I've watched it happen several times before our kill. Either that or Zorn's taunt immunity is completely random. Either way, I've seen him go immune to taunt on numerous occasions on both Story and HM.

Below is an exert from Bioware interview describing how taunt works in their game...

Georg Zoeller: Taunts work in two ways. First, they instantly put you on top of the target’s threat list. Then, they place a short duration effect on the taunted target forcing them to attack you. Assuming that you then lose threat (say, you just stand there) the NPC will be forced to attack you for the duration of the Taunt. Afterwards, the AI will resume attacking targets based on threat order. If another Taunt is applied after yours, the most recently applied Taunt takes precedence.

So, to put it simply, one of your tanks simply failed to taunt!

Edited by Ewgal

We've found that it helps to let Toth jump and then return to his original tank before making the switch. This is probably less than a 5 second wait, but we've found it makes the taunting issues easier / nonexistent, and the Zorn tank can probably survive the 2-3 hits he takes before charging over to Toth.

Zorn will infact be immune to taunt of the other tank decides to ae taunt him before the leap. I've watched it happen several times before our kill. Either that or Zorn's taunt immunity is completely random. Either way, I've seen him go immune to taunt on numerous occasions on both Story and HM.

No they aren't. You are arguing someone that has done this on story/hm on both PTS and Live. In fact, I can taunt Zorn and have the other tank immediately taunt him back. We tested it.

Your tanks probably make a mistake and then blame it on a bug, or faulty mechanics, or some other random thing because they cannot admit they make mistakes. Ask around to every guild that has downed it the proper way, and they will say there is no issue with taunts whatsoever after leaps. L2P.

Yeah agreed with Genshen. Just tanked it on Hm a few hours ago. My vanguard mate would taunt as his target was mid leap. That caused the taunt to fail. This could be one reason you're having issues. Because it really is as simple as taunt and move.

We've found it better to let Toth start to reposition before tauning him back, this lets the tank that he was fighting get in position to taunt Zorn and have them pass eachother in the middle of the two tanks rather than having them both beating on one tank for any period of time.

If you're tanking Zorn, wait until Zorn peels off you before taunting Toth.

If you're tanking Toth quickly move toward Zorn to get in range (if necessary) and wait for Toth to get about 1/2 way back to you before taunting.

This should be like 2 seconds, maybe 3 seconds. Your DPS if they use their threat dumps should be able to continue going full out without having to pause during this period.

He definitely can become randomly immune to taunt. Happened to us a bunch on Friday.

Because you are doing it wrong. I just went in and tested on my alt toon with some friends. We knew we weren't going to kill it at all, as we brought 6 tanks, 2 healers. We taunted the two bosses all over the place for 10 or so minutes over the course of a couple wipes. Guess what, no taunt immunity.

If tanks are taunting before a leap, ie Zorn casts fearful, Toth hasnt leaped just yet so the Zorn tank taunts Toth and then he leaps then YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Because you are doing it wrong. I just went in and tested on my alt toon with some friends. We knew we weren't going to kill it at all, as we brought 6 tanks, 2 healers. We taunted the two bosses all over the place for 10 or so minutes over the course of a couple wipes. Guess what, no taunt immunity.

If tanks are taunting before a leap, ie Zorn casts fearful, Toth hasnt leaped just yet so the Zorn tank taunts Toth and then he leaps then YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

I came across a Cali Killed Nox video of this fight on YouTube and at one point you hear the tank (female voice) say, "He is un-tauntable right now!" LOL! What is up with that? Not disrespecting cuz I know you guys are pro, but was that fight on the ptr or something and the mechanic changed for live?