Ep. 1 Phantom Menece Queen Amidala Controversy

Narwlzz

Hello everyone. I just watched Star Wars Episode 1:Phatom Menece with my family and one of my family members and I are having a disagreement over Padme being the handmaiden and another actress(Kiera Knightly, correct me if I am wrong) switching roles. The person who is disagreeing with me belives that Natalie Portman played both roles and they edited it to put both characters in the same screen!

In the movie Padme(Natalie Portman) was Queen Amidala but had a "decoy" dress as her while Padme dressed as a handmaiden to the Queen. And for the majority of the movie The other actress (Kiera Knightly?) was dressed in all of the makeup pertending to be the real Queen Amidala. THis is correct? Please let me know if I am wrong or correct as this is vvery annoying to have someone in my family who knows little to nothing about Star Wars trivia and facts! Thank you very much! :D

iirc ,the switch happens just before the separatist arrests her and send her to the camp.

the first 2-3 times you see queen amidala its natalie portman,after the arrest its the other actress i dont know her name but im sure its not kiera knightly.

hope this helps

The ep. 1 decoy was Knightly..look it up on IMDB if you don't believe us.

I thought this was a controversy about Natalie Portman never donning the metal bikini in any of the Star Wars movies. I don't care about Jar Jar and midichlorians, but THAT is unforgivable George. If you can convince Carrie Fisher that there are no bras in space then you can convince Natalie Portman to wear the metal bikini.