SWTOR blocked

Slothish

I am not really sure on where to put this since this isn't really a customer service issue but I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge or a work around to my problem. I recently have gone to college and a bunch of online gaming including swtor is blocked by a firewall. Does anyone know of a way to bypass this so I can continue playing?

I am not really sure on where to put this since this isn't really a customer service issue but I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge or a work around to my problem. I recently have gone to college and a bunch of online gaming including swtor is blocked by a firewall. Does anyone know of a way to bypass this so I can continue playing?

Your school has probably closed some of the ports needed to play. I don't remember which ones were needed but if you contact CS they'll tell you exactly which ones. So if you want to play you'll have to talk to your school's web administrator and see if he'll open the ports up. That is highly doubtful because they are probably blocked for a reason, but you never know. :D Good luck!

Your university presumably has reasons for placing restrictions on the use of the Internet access they provide to their students. You may not agree with those reasons, but they are the ones paying for the bandwidth and maintaining the hardware and so on. Attempting to evade the restrictions tends to be viewed in a poor light and are usually grounds for disciplinary proceedings.

Look for less restrictive public access Internet (public WiFi hotspots and so on), or pony up and buy a wireless broadband plan (assuming one is available in your area) and appropriate hardware. (Assuming that campus policies permit that sort of thing.)

Your university presumably has reasons for placing restrictions on the use of the Internet access they provide to their students. You may not agree with those reasons, but they are the ones paying for the bandwidth and maintaining the hardware and so on. Attempting to evade the restrictions tends to be viewed in a poor light and are usually grounds for disciplinary proceedings.

Look for less restrictive public access Internet (public WiFi hotspots and so on), or pony up and buy a wireless broadband plan (assuming one is available in your area) and appropriate hardware. (Assuming that campus policies permit that sort of thing.)

I loled at this. Just sayin'

I looked online once and from what I could find it looked like SWTOR shares ports with other EA games (makes sense) so the school probably blocked EA and SWTOR was caught up in it.

Like they said hacking around and piggybacking on other people's Internet is generally not a good thing to however you are in college; If you haven't settled on a major yet try taking some Computer Networking classes, you'll end up learning alot of fun stuff that may carryover to you personal online activities. ;)

You can get one of those wifi sticks, and play from one of those?

I don't know much about them, but I know my local cable company will sell those USB sticks that will connect your computer to the internet from anywhere, as if it were a mobile hotspot.

Probably expensive as hell, but it might be an option for you.

You can get one of those wifi sticks, and play from one of those?

I don't know much about them, but I know my local cable company will sell those USB sticks that will connect your computer to the internet from anywhere, as if it were a mobile hotspot.

Probably expensive as hell, but it might be an option for you.

Yeah that's mobile internet but it is very slow. I'm guessing just a little bit better than you have on your phone :D

Yeah that's mobile internet but it is very slow. I'm guessing just a little bit better than you have on your phone :D

Those basically are the same thing as your phone. Even if they have nice wide 4G bandwidth the latency is usually pretty bad.

Still, better than nothing...