Dungeon finder woes...

Let me start by saying that I love the dungeon finder. It has added more of an "instant action" feel to the game and allows easy access to FPs and even Ops...but at the same time I hate the system so much. I regularly queue as a healer Op with my Jugg tank friend for hard modes, so the only thing we need are two "competent" DPS people. Oh boy are they so hard to find. My ignore list is full of quite a few names, not because they couldn't crank out the numbers but simply because they insulted me and blamed me for hitting the enrage timers "*** healer?" "omg no heals?" .

Add to that them refusing to accept the fact that the reason we hit enrage timers on 20% is because the DPS is not there...hell someone even called me a crappy tank, pointed out I was the healer they then simply called me a crappy healer. /facepalm

I give people chances, explain the tactics for anyone who is new but it just seems like nobody listens. I guess in a way another reason I enjoy the dungeon finder is that it lets me know who the "bads" are and I can safely put them in my ignore list.

TLDR: DPS only have to do damage and maybe one CC while not standing in crap...is that so hard compared to tanking and healing?

What server are you on? My own experiences (on Nightmare Lands/EU) are 95% good-to-excellent. Granted, I only PUG t1 FP HMs and I'm DPS, but, as far as I remember, I encountered only one quitter, and I do LFG HMs 2 times a day minimum after 1.3 hits, on both my lvl50 characters. Even if someone don't know tactics - he usually says so, and someone in the group always can explain it.

That's a shame you're running into such issues.

I've queued as a sage healer and commando dps for HMFP many many times since 1.3 dropped and the vast majority have been good runs. Occasionally I've run with undergeared people but we usually pull it off anyway.

Only once have I ended up grouped with someone who was rude and insulting.

had a couple people in campaign gear troll my vanguard tank last week, but other than that, it's been pretty good. Just hoping that ignore really works for the lfg tool :p

Only problem i've been running into on my new assassin tank is that i've never once been in a group of fewer than 2 inquisitors. really people, play something else. I can't gear up my tank if i constantly have to roll against 2 or 3 people! ;)

For me it was the healer in the group. Im a tank. We were running and he had 5 bazillion shortcuts to avoid pulls. Which is cool. Then we accidentally pulled ONE group and he had a complete temper tantrum and rage quit the group.

Then we were waiting for a while for a healer who didnt mind missing some of the fights. Eventually we got back on the road but I couldnt believe how over anxious this healer was.

What server are you on? My own experiences (on Nightmare Lands/EU) are 95% good-to-excellent. Granted, I only PUG t1 FP HMs and I'm DPS, but, as far as I remember, I encountered only one quitter, and I do LFG HMs 2 times a day minimum after 1.3 hits, on both my lvl50 characters. Even if someone don't know tactics - he usually says so, and someone in the group always can explain it.

Same server. I was of the same opinion as you until recently, it seems that for every smooth run me and my friend get we get maybe one or two "derpy" runs. We sometimes run into much worse problems doing the daily normal for the 5 commendations, but we can carry a group through that even with bad DPS because there is no timer on boss fights. But when it happens in HM it just makes me facepalm.

I would like to add that I also attempt to add my own DPS during the low damage spikes, corrosive dart, orbital bombard, maybe even a shiv and backstab depending on the boss. I don't do this all the time, since my role is to heal but if the damage is low and everyone is topped up, why not right? But sometimes even with me doing that it still isn't enough, really does make me wonder how the damage can be so low at times.

Edited by Ragico

So far, I used the group finder 32 times. 31 times as a tank and 1 time as a healer. I only had 2 bad experiences. The first one was with a dpser who kept writing passive-agressive comments like "Do we have a tank?", "Does he know how to hold the aggro?", "Are we sure we really have a tank?", etc. I warned that dpser that I might have aggro issues since he had way better gear than me but he didn't care at all. I even had the feeling that he loved pulling the aggro. The second one was with 2 dpsers who quitted the group right after a 1st boss wipe (I think they were friends). I mean, come on! After only 1 wipe, really?! :eek:

But still, a personal 93,75% good experience is excellent imo.

The only thing I really fear with the group finder is that eventually, players will have so many people in their ignore list or will stop using it because of cumulative bad experiences, that we'll end up with fewer and fewer people willing to use it with non-guildmates. That must not be a good thing for a server community.

So far, I used the group finder 32 times. 31 times as a tank and 1 time as a healer. I only had 2 bad experiences. The first one was with a dpser who kept writing passive-agressive comments like "Do we have a tank?", "Does he know how to hold the aggro?", "Are we sure we really have a tank?", etc. I warned that dpser that I might have aggro issues since he had way better gear than me but he didn't care at all. I even had the feeling that he loved pulling the aggro. The second one was with 2 dpsers who quitted the group right after a 1st boss wipe (I think they were friends). I mean, come on! After only 1 wipe, really?! :eek:

But still, a personal 93,75% good experience is excellent imo.

The only thing I really fear with the group finder is that eventually, players will have so many people in their ignore list or will stop using it because of cumulative bad experiences, that we'll end up with fewer and fewer people willing to use it with non-guildmates. That must not be a good thing for a server community.

I agree with you on that last part. But when all is said and done if people insist on being immature and rage quitting groups after wipes or before we even get started on the flashpoint (We had one of those today, apparently our gear wasn't up to par for HM false emperor so he left, we then proceeded to do a flawless run and one of the fastest to date.) then they will be ignored by the majority of people. Personally I can see cross server being added at some point down the line, I don't want it to be added because there are some really great people on my server, but I just get this feeling that it is on the way.

I have done the daily flashpoint every day except one I think since 1.3 and have done both the story mode ops each week, and so far, I have had only two bad experiences.

The worst was in a KP run. Only myself (tank) and one of the DPS had ever done it before. Several wipes from people not killing targets in the right order and breaking CC. When we got to the Fabricator, I was the only one who knew how to do the puzzle, and the other tank and both the healers were very undergeared and inexperienced, which means the other tank was not able to tank the boss the whole way. Eventually we were able to get through it, but it took about 2.5 hours for the whole run.

The other was in an EV run. We had an 11k HP healer who died and left after the first boss. We were able to 7 man the instance up through Soa, and had a wipe on Soa, then two DPS left. Finally after lots of waiting we refilled the group and were able to complete it.

Other than that, it hasn't been too bad. A few jerks here and there but nothing I can't handle.

I have done the daily flashpoint every day except one I think since 1.3 and have done both the story mode ops each week, and so far, I have had only two bad experiences.

The worst was in a KP run. Only myself (tank) and one of the DPS had ever done it before. Several wipes from people not killing targets in the right order and breaking CC. When we got to the Fabricator, I was the only one who knew how to do the puzzle, and the other tank and both the healers were very undergeared and inexperienced, which means the other tank was not able to tank the boss the whole way. Eventually we were able to get through it, but it took about 2.5 hours for the whole run.

The other was in an EV run. We had an 11k HP healer who died and left after the first boss. We were able to 7 man the instance up through Soa, and had a wipe on Soa, then two DPS left. Finally after lots of waiting we refilled the group and were able to complete it.

Other than that, it hasn't been too bad. A few jerks here and there but nothing I can't handle.

I have yet to even try Operations out. But it's nice to know that there are at least some people willing to put the effort in if things go wrong. Starting to look like me and my friend are just unlucky when it comes to randoms, maybe we should look into joining a guild or something. Would fix the problem I guess. Kudos for finishing the operation though, my palm may have been permanently attached to my face if something like that happened to me.

Let me start by saying that I love the dungeon finder. It has added more of an "instant action" feel to the game and allows easy access to FPs and even Ops...but at the same time I hate the system so much. I regularly queue as a healer Op with my Jugg tank friend for hard modes, so the only thing we need are two "competent" DPS people. Oh boy are they so hard to find. My ignore list is full of quite a few names, not because they couldn't crank out the numbers but simply because they insulted me and blamed me for hitting the enrage timers "*** healer?" "omg no heals?" .

Add to that them refusing to accept the fact that the reason we hit enrage timers on 20% is because the DPS is not there...hell someone even called me a crappy tank, pointed out I was the healer they then simply called me a crappy healer. /facepalm

I give people chances, explain the tactics for anyone who is new but it just seems like nobody listens. I guess in a way another reason I enjoy the dungeon finder is that it lets me know who the "bads" are and I can safely put them in my ignore list.

TLDR: DPS only have to do damage and maybe one CC while not standing in crap...is that so hard compared to tanking and healing?

i have to agree with you some what on this.

usually i do hms with only my guildies. but as more are reaching 50 i am doing more and more partial guild groups and pugs with my geared out toons for the bh coms. this allows more guildies to do select runs that they can COMPLETE for gear. that being said we have run into a few dps recently that are rather mindlessly running ahead, aoeing everything , not ccing, breaking cc, not using any deagro abilities and not healing them self after a encounter.

all i can say is just thank god dps meters work the way they do now and not like they do in other games. this problem would only be worse if they did.

On Correllia Run almost all of my random groups besides maybe 1 or 2 have been fine. Hell most of the time they are down right fast. If anything I'd say the T-1 HM's are too easy. They remind me too much of running heroics at the end of WOTLK.

• 2 weeks later...

Been running the group finder pretty frequently the last two weeks (guessing in the range of at least 20 runs), gearing up a new alt. I would say the vast majority of runs have been good to great, and not once have I seen any name calling or yelling.

Yesterday I got paired with a tank that didn't focus on picking up any adds apart from the one he was shooting at, caused several wipes due to not know mechanics on bosses, and in general was setting a really slow pace. Thought I'd see a *****torm of angry name calling. But nope! No complaining whatsoever, even though we had quite a few wipes. Just a bunch of friendly remarks and some advice on how to deal with the encounters. Just a sample of two guys, I know, but that was pretty heart warming in this day and age.

On the note of woes, I've tried queuing for OPs over the last two days, this doesn't seem to work too well (currently been sitting in queue for 5 hours without a run starting, EU prime time). I guess people in general aren't interested, but the system is also a bit prone to abuse. Seems to be a severe lack of tanks and healers, which means their queues are close to instant. A couple of hours ago my queue started popping, just to have it say that a potential group member has declined. That was repeated a few times, and I could see it was the same tank or healer (not sure which one of them) that never hit ready. Guess it's not too much of an issue, but it's a bit annoying to be spammed by that big window for 10 minutes knowing the run won't start anyway.

Another, bigger issue I have is that you can't group while in queue. If BW could work out a way for us to do whatever we please while waiting in queue I think it would make more people use it.

Also, 2 minutes time to accept an invite almost makes me afraid to zone, with the loading times this game has.

Been running the group finder pretty frequently the last two weeks (guessing in the range of at least 20 runs), gearing up a new alt. I would say the vast majority of runs have been good to great, and not once have I seen any name calling or yelling.

I've been leveling a healing Op in the groupfinder and this has been largely my experience. After dozens of runs, my ignore list has only three names - one ragequitter and two griefers. I won't ignore someone for being undergeared, inexperienced or even incompetent. All those things can be fixed.

overall I've had a positive experience with the finder. Probably the worst ive had was a derpy dps in full campaign that was just doing auto attacks in a kp run. one votekick later run back on track. also one rage quit before a SM false emp run had even gotten in gear. fellow thought we couldn't manage it with coulmni or better gear. :rolleyes:

Been using GF for quite a while now and never had a bad run excapt for one time when we got a Bounty Hunter who didn't bother participating in any fights. VK and bring in one Ashara instead - no problem.

And the most epic situation when doing SM KP with most of the pug being the first time, there is this Bounty Hunter who has the worst gear of all (some 15 k HP) just runs towards Jarg and Zorno and fires of a Death from Above - Epic and all of the pug thought it was quite funny.. A given wipe since everyone focused on one of them first. Then some tactics reminding and next attempt both drop within 2-3 seconds.

I also kind of enjoy reckless DPS when doing FPs since it demands more from the tank (me) and, with the exception of LI HM, they're all quite easy anyway.

Most epic moments for me are both in Cademimu. Once when the tank jumped in too soon and locked both DPSers out of the fight, leaving the Powertech and myself to successfully two-man Ortol. The other was when two teammates, one DPS and the tank, both dropped after the initial fight and the Sniper and I cleared the first two bosses with a pair of Kaliyos before we got a replacement tank for the last fight.

For the most part my experiences in running the SM ops and Tier 1 FP have been fine. Sometimes things go wrong or you get the occasional tool, but really not a big deal.

Lost Island, on the other hand, is an absolute nightmare. People jump in and have never run it and never watched a video of it. Come on people, it is Tier 2 for a reason. The other day was on my tank. Rakata/Black Hole gearer. Got to the first mini-boss that does huge spike damage. Jumped in, activated defensive attacks, hit both cooldowns. As soon as second CD expired, health dropped until I was dead. Oh, lets blame the tank who was getting no heals for the wipe. Uh, adds are dead, tank has aggro full time on boss. Why is healer doing nothing but heal tank? No one else should be taking damage, and if moron DPS are taking damage, screw them for being idiots.

Edited by RandomXChance

Had a merc healer using all light armor, willpower gear. Rolled need on an item drop over an assassin "for the heals..." lol.... Had a sentinel roll need on two cunning items over an scoundrel another night. Good times, good laughs.

So in a group of 4 people where all 4 stayed alive until enrage they blamed the healer for the enrage?

:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Human stupidity is infinite apparently.

Exactly.

Though it would seem that ever since I started this topic my experience using the DF has improved quite a bit. Sure we still sometimes get the odd person who makes things harder than they need to be, but overall not so many problems. Starting to look like it was an unlucky streak or something.

Had a merc healer using all light armor, willpower gear. Rolled need on an item drop over an assassin "for the heals..." lol.... Had a sentinel roll need on two cunning items over an scoundrel another night. Good times, good laughs.

And here we have yet another example of the human race finishing last. /facepalm

Makes me wonder how some of these people get to such high levels using the wrong gear and not even grasping the basics of their class.

• 1 year later...
On Correllia Run almost all of my random groups besides maybe 1 or 2 have been fine. Hell most of the time they are down right fast. If anything I'd say the T-1 HM's are too easy. They remind me too much of running heroics at the end of WOTLK.

At the time of release in WOTLK, when Eye of Eternity was the top tier raid, there was an analysis run on all kills mobs made against players through out the history of WoW.

Loken, in Heroic Halls of LIghtning, at that time, was the number one player killer in all of World of Warcraft. By a good measure.

Your argument is invalid.

At the time of release in WOTLK, when Eye of Eternity was the top tier raid, there was an analysis run on all kills mobs made against players through out the history of WoW.

Loken, in Heroic Halls of LIghtning, at that time, was the number one player killer in all of World of Warcraft. By a good measure.

Your argument is invalid.

Nice necro there.