Ahsoka Tano's fate - Surviving Order 66?

DarthKaratus

Something's gonna happen to Ahsoka. I think that's fairly obvious.

I doubt she's going to be killed off. Surviving and staying with the Jedi Order, being knighted or reassigned to another Master is probably the most likely fate of hers that's been theorized. The current show IS aimed towards a younger audience, so killing her off is going to lead to a lot of crying, traumatized kids who are going to feel alienated towards the series. They also have to deal with the already-made RotS. It'd be illogical to have some sort of tragedy happen to her and have no one mention her during Episode III, especially Anakin who has such a hard time dealing with death.

And say she does survive, does that open the doors for a spin off show (or at the very least, mini-series) set between Episode III and IV about her and possibly other surviving Jedi to explain her/their ultimate fate?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want her to go dark side.

She's had too much character development to stay a cookie cutter jedi.

Yeah, I agree. I could see that happening. But maybe not -before- she became a "cookie cutter Jedi", so Anakin would have the time to get used to her not being around, to get over his attachment for her (which would explain why he wouldn't mention her in RotS).

Edited by DarthKaratus

I have a distinct feeling it will left addressed in a book as opposed to something on-screen. What will probably happen on-screen is they will have her advanced beyond Padawan and re-assigned to somewhere other than with Anakin. Her fate will be left untold on the series itself. That, or she will turn her back on the Jedi or Anakin and will disappear that way. Either way, the moment I saw her I knew we would never see her fate decided in the series. Edited by Cassidan

I doubt she'll be Knighted in the show; generally speaking, a Knight training a Padawan to Knighthood is a good way for said Knight to earn himself the rank of Master. If Ahsoka made Knight under Anakin, then he'd REALLY have reason to be cheesed at the Council for not making him a Master in Ep3.

Plus, Ahsoka's 15. Anakin was already Knighted himself rather quickly at 19/20... it's more typical, in the PT, for Knighthood to be achieved around mid-20s. Ahsoka's been with Anakin for barely a year!

Being assigned a new Master, or leaving the Order altogether, those seem more likely... regardless, if she makes it thru the series and isn't dark, I think surviving Order 66 is a given. Whether she's in hiding or had already flat out quit the Order, she could still fit Yoda's proclamation that "last of the Jedi will [Luke] be"...from a 'certain point of view'. Any survivors beyond Obi-Wan and Yoda at the time of the Original Trilogy are essentially no longer Jedi--they've been in hiding, keeping their powers secret, gotten new lives, new vocations, etc, and most importantly: they don't know of the plan to use Anakin's offspring against him & Palpatine to save the galaxy. They're scattered, alone, no goal beyond survival. They're not active Jedi anymore. Ahsoka, should she survive, would neatly fit into that group. Yoda & Obi-Wan, living as hermits rather than 'blending in', focused on the Force and waiting for the time to begin training either of Anakin's kids, they're still Jedi.

Well, the Ahsoka/Chewbacca arc seemed to me to foreshadow her earning her knighthood by the end of the next season. In the IGN interview that was posted not too long ago, they specifically pointed out that Anakin and Ahsoka were bowing to one another out of respect and that it's one of the few times they show Yoda smiling (as the other two walked away from the landing platform). I figure there was a reason George wanted Chewbacca specifically in those episodes, so perhaps he plans to use Chewbacca to help her escape somehow. Time will tell I suppose.

Personally I hope they do let her survive (at least on screen). It would crush a lot of kids, plus my fiancee as well since she loves Ahsoka... partially because she's pretty much the first female Jedi that's given significant screen time. I personally think Aalya Secura was far more of a BA (probably because she played a big role in Battlefront II, which was my favorite SW game prior to SWTOR), but she only appears in certain TCW episodes and maybe a few brief appearances in the movies... one of which was her unfortunate demise during Order 66. On a side note: every time I see that scene in Ep3 I think of the BF2 narrator's immortal words: "It's a good thing we were wearing helmets, because none of us could bear to look her in the eyes... When her death came, I hoped it was quick. She earned that much." Excellent voice acting... it always really sounded like he was genuinely sad there.

Edited by bmhale

I like to think she survives and goes into exile. I tend to agree with the thought that she has gotten more interesting as the serious as progressed. My guess as to her fate is probably something similar to Ventress. I can see her having a break from the Jedi either because she see's her self slipping to the Dark Side because of Anakin's influence (something that was suggested in the Mortis arc). Or she leaves because of that Mandolorian shes been gushing over.

An early knighthood followed by a fall to the dark side would be an intresting twist for sure. We've already seen her corrupted by the Son, perhaps with it being her true hidden personality. With Maul introduced, Savage could die to make room for Ahsoka as his apprentice. Now THAT would make it worth buying the series on blu-ray.

If she does turn villian, then she would most probably die before Order 66 towards the end of the Clone Wars.

Edited by Harlequintwo

I hope she dies, and i hope its painful-. I hate her so much. in addition to just being an annoying and pointless charecter she is the textbook definition of a mary sue.

They cant axe her soon enough.

I felt this way after season one. Could not abide her, thought she was as bad as jar jar. Subsequent seasons show her weak sides and growth, so she's grown on me.

It is my personal theory that she was killed before/at Order 66, but it'd be interesting to see what would have happened if she survived Order 66 and the Jedi Purge...

Heck, maybe she survived long enough to gather a number of Jedi, and then tried to kill the Emperor. (obviously failed, but it'd be interesting to see them try.)

An early knighthood followed by a fall to the dark side would be an intresting twist for sure. We've already seen her corrupted by the Son, perhaps with it being her true hidden personality. With Maul introduced, Savage could die to make room for Ahsoka as his apprentice. Now THAT would make it worth buying the series on blu-ray.

If she does turn villian, then she would most probably die before Order 66 towards the end of the Clone Wars.

I would watch the clone series if that actually happend.

She can't become a Knight people...she's waaay too young. Hell it took Te Chosen One over 10 years and intense war-time to push him to be a Knight. Ahsoka will always be a padawan in this show, she's only in her mid teens, when knights are usually in their 20's or so.

I remember watching an interview during an earlier season about her fate, and it was stated that multiple fates have been planned for her, [they] just have to choose one. I honestly think Darkside or death has been forshadowed...especially in the Mortis arc when a vision of her future self (..which was hot..) spoke of seeds of evil or something like that...you'd think Anakin would be pullin people down at this point.

Edited by Eillack

She can't become a Knight people...she's waaay too young. Hell it took Te Chosen One over 10 years and intense war-time to push him to be a Knight. Ahsoka will always be a padawan in this show, she's only in her mid teens, when knights are usually in their 20's or so.

Didn't Mace become a Knight at age 14?

Isn't she killed at the start of Episode 3? I recall Grievous stabbing a shackled togruta in the back when Obi-Wan and Anakin board his ship. And she says something like "I have failed you, master Skywalker"

This was theatrical release, btw. I've never Seen Ep. 3 outside of theatres.

Isn't she killed at the start of Episode 3? I recall Grievous stabbing a shackled togruta in the back when Obi-Wan and Anakin board his ship. And she says something like "I have failed you, master Skywalker"

That was a deleted scene, and it was Shaak Ti even Anakin stated it.

I have been wanting to know Ahsoka's fate for the past two years. I have written a series of stories based off my old SWG characters. One of those was a female Zabrak Jedi I named Jaye'naa. I want to actually use ahsoka in one of Jaye's stories but until we learn her fate I cannot use Ahsoka.

The reason i can't is simple. I try to make my stories as close to canon as possible, especially with established characters and events. Granted, Ahsoka's fate is not written yet but I would hate to use her and find out she was killed or went darkside. It was bad enough I gave Barriss a differant death in one story only to find out the very next day how she really died :p lol

After season 5 of TCW there will be another animated movie. So if the series doesn't tell us maybe the movie will. I hope she lives, but only time will tell.

Edited by Kilikaa

Episode 3 is a direct follow up to the original Star Wars:Clone Wars

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:Clone_Wars

it would have been cool if later on towards the end of the clone wars it showed an episode based on revenge of the sith, showing Plo Koon killed off , protecting Ahsoka and letting her escape. Where she than went into exile or starting a rebel alliance or something against the empire or something. Especially with their close friendship, rather than Plo Koon being shot down in his starfighter Edited by Malrus

I hope she does get knighted in the show, and then dies or either falls to the darkside. How this affects anakin can be one of the reasons the council does not grant him the rank of master, leading into the events of episode III