If You Could Change One Thing...

PhantomAxxaxxin

If you could change one thing in the Star Wars universe, what would it be? (I'm thinking primarily ABY EU canon here, but anything is welcome*...)

For instance, I'd get rid of Boba Fett having a wife/kid. If he was to have a kid, maybe adopt a son, but that's pushing it...

What about you? What would you change?

I'd get rid of Jar Jar Binks.

This man speaks for all of us

Edited by PhantomAxxaxxin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could change one thing in the Star Wars universe, what would it be? (I'm thinking primarily ABY EU canon here, but anything is welcome...)

For instance, I'd get rid of Boba Fett having a wife/kid. If he was to have a kid, maybe adopt a son, but that's pushing it...

What about you? What would you change?

Boba Fett dying in Return of the Jedi. . now I know in the books hes not dead, but I wish they didnt have him go by a tied up, blind Han Solo.

I'd make it so Mace Windu doesn't get his hand cut off and dies, Anakin could force push him out the window and he could somehow survive :) Would make an amazing storyline for another game.

Don't worry, as soon as Lucas realizes he can make money off of windu, it will turn out he survived, like so many before....

Ohhhhh man where to start. Anyone read Shadow Hunter? Basically anything the Jedi seem to do leading up to order 66 seems just so ineffective. So many hints that Sith were running around and yet . . . oh we send 1 Padawan to handle it, and then another to investigate.

I read some of these books years ago and just never thought about it, but I reread them recently and am amazed at how inept the Jedi are portrayed.

Hundreds of Jedi knights and masters running around and we send padawans to investigate . . . yea . . .

Also they setup Lorn Pavan as a character we the audience learn to appreciate and boom, dead without ever doing anything meaningful, and Dasha Assant, yea great character shown with so much potential . . . nah martyr for nothing.

Soooooo many cool characters tossed away so recklessly IMHO.

Edited by Xzulld

Never been too big a fan of the Vong storyline.

Really? I actually kind of liked that series. The concept of an unknown race invading the entire galaxy, causing all the characters we know and love who usually fight each other to unite and have the ability to work together to kick some crab armor, was just fairly awesome to me.

But that does lead me to another thing I would change: Chewie wouldn't...

oh, SPOILER ALERT!

Chewie wouldn't die. He would pwn the Vong

Really? I actually kind of liked that series. The concept of an unknown race invading the entire galaxy, causing all the characters we know and love who usually fight each other to unite and have the ability to work together to kick some crab armor, was just fairly awesome to me.

But that does lead me to another thing I would change: Chewie wouldn't...

oh, SPOILER ALERT!

Chewie wouldn't die. He would pwn the Vong

Agreed, and also

Anakin would not have died.

Don't worry, as soon as Lucas realizes he can make money off of windu, it will turn out he survived, like so many before....

Well I hope he realises it soon, I would like to see a story involving Windu between episodes III and IV. Perhaps he could appear in the force unleashed 3 as a mentor to starkiller or just in his own force unleashed style game. Could imagine him hiding out for a few weeks while he recovers after his fall and then sneaking round the jedi temple on coruscant to construct a new lightsaber for himself. :)

Jango wouldn't die such a pathetic death. He'd have ruined everything for everybody and dying by maces hand isnt a bad way to go, but just standing there like that. not amused. Typical lucas thinking: "seen enough of those characters, next" Darth maul would also have a decent end. Obi wans death while under whelming was... cool. Yodas was very.... buh too.

Jango wouldn't die such a pathetic death. He'd have ruined everything for everybody and dying by maces hand isnt a bad way to go, but just standing there like that. not amused. Typical lucas thinking: "seen enough of those characters, next" Darth maul would also have a decent end. Obi wans death while under whelming was... cool. Yodas was very.... buh too.

In regards to Jango... he tried to activate his jetpack, but it malfunctioned because he was ran over by the reek. So Lucas was like "Earlier Fett died because of jetpack, this one dies because of jetpack." Irony? =P

I would leave Boba Fett dead.

This, the whole concept that a single bounty hunter can do what he did is ********. A psychic with super powers would basically work Boba Fett. He was pathetic in the movies but the fan boys turned him into this God like person.

Also for the people who said to take out George Lucas...I can't think of a nice way of saying how dumb you sound.