any one else concerned with too many characters dying?

magicallypuzzled

i wouldn't mind so much but with darth severin and the dread masters winding up either dying or being on the verge of becoming killable it seemed like even the safe ******es aren't so safe. I don;t know if the republic suffers from this as well but it seems like every one who isn't a player character and is awesome in their own right is dying. malgus, severin, tons of dark council members, darth lacyhis (i think thats how her name is spelled), and well a ton more besides the only ones i seem to have gotten to know on my sith inquisitor who isn't dead is darth morr, darth mortis, and darth ravage and not only did i just meet them but i am pretty sure i'll be killing one or more of them in the futre.

• 2 months later...

a lot die full stop

for the republic its possible to kill

JC 5 or 6 jedi masters

JK fail to save kiwiks later and i think she can die + your master get killed and u can kill about 3 or 4 master who are corrupted by the emperor instead of saving them.

revan

the jedi master on illum (forgot his name is killed by the empire)

it is war after all, at the scale of the galaxy. People die..

but yes, I agree with you, as a republic character you kill 3 (4 if you're the jedi knight) members of the dark council, just on Corellia alone, it's like a quarter of the entire council, the most elite and powerful group of sith in the galaxy...

Well, I suspect that M* survived his fall at the end of False Emperor.

And BW pretty much confirmed that R* used "Fold-Space" and retreated to safety at the end of the Foundry.

So not everyone we've "killed" is dead.

Anyway according to Datamining we've actually got an Operation between killing the Dread Masters and Terror from Beyond it's tentatively called

Scum and Villainy

But yeah, a lot of the Dark Council is dead (play as a Republic JK and do your Corellia class quests + Corellia and Illum storylines and you kill A LOT of the Dark Council:sy_lightside:)

Malgus really needs to come back.

I don't want to believe someone would kill of a character after dedicating a full Novel to him and hyping him up via trailers and other sources of advertisement (CE Edition statue, etc...)

That being said. if they

Kill off Jadus

I'm jumping ship.

And yeah, i joined him.

The empire is a dangerous place. If the republic isn't trying to kill you than everyone around you is in a bid to advance their positions. It makes sense that there's a high turnover at the top. That being said, I don't think most deaths can be taken at face value. Given how powerful at least some of these characters are, they may not actually be dead.

This is war, son! People are gonna die! lol :D

In all seriousness, These first few chapters in the TOR saga are about the advancement of the big eight in the greater galaxy. So some people have to be pushed aside. No doubt the JC is going to end up being the Grand master of the Jedi Order which means Satele is going to have to go. The Warrior is pretty much the big fish in the Empire at the time so we'll see where that goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I hate to burst your bubble but it was confirmed by a Dev in an interview that Malgus is toast. They did however hint that he did have an apprentice and this apprentice might not be too happy about us killing their master.

EDIT: Link for the inevitable request -> http://torwars.com/2012/08/22/torwar...res-hall-hood/

The Malgus part is towards the end of the interview

Edited by Xenedus

• 2 weeks later...
Although it does suck that some really cool characters died (Lachris, Malgus and Decimus to name a few), as someone else already said the galaxy is in a full scale war atm and I think the writers are doing a good job showing us that. I mean you cant have the Second Great Galactic War happening with no major character getting killed. Edited by Eightus

I'm immensely disappointed to hear that Malgus is actually dead (aside from the fact that I haven't done those fps yet. ;) ). I'd really hoped that my sith warrior would have a chance to join him in the next chapters. Hmmm.... Maybe my warrior can take over his rebellion.... Still...disappointing. The had a lot in common and never even got to have a conversation. What a waste of a great character. Edited by errant_knight

I'd like to see some Republic characters die. Just because they're the "good guys" doesn't mean they should be invulnerable to getting killed off. Most of the flashpoints are either dealing with an internal Imperial threat, fighting some external threat or participating in an event like Colicoid War Game. The only two Imp FPs that have you actually fighting the Republic is Black Talon and Boarding Party.

Yet. in the Republic class stories and flashpoints, you kill off so many Imperial characters. Major imbalance there.