Malavai Quinn

Arbitte

Hi my name is Jason and I play a Sith Marauder who in his journey has killed every enemy who has crossed his path. Please explain why I don't have the option to kill Malavai Quinn when he betrays me. Sorry for spoiling it for players who have not yet played the class but in the next expansion of the game please implement the option to finally have revenge. Thanks. -Armandi Sol

Hehe, pretty much like you do nearly kill him, but it would be really awesome, if you had killed him really.... but Engine-wise, no, because he is a Companion after all :(

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit, although I wouldn't kill him myself, It would be nice if BW implemented the option to kill your companions when they continued the class story lines.

for anyone that really wants to roleplay they could, and for anyone else that was silly enough to kill their main healer companion they would have to face the concequences. like others have said, just have a bold message warning them it can't be undone so that when they start crying we can tell them to pay attention to the warnings and to think things through...

Somewhere in another thread (which I can't seem to find), someone had said that if you take Quinn with you to all the class quests on Corellia, you actually get something out of him that sounds close to an apology. When I got to that point in my story I waited and waited...finished Corellia and it never came. I just finished watching a video of the sith warrior story and lo and behold, there it was in this person's video.

Why was it not in mine? I did notice that there were other spots in the story (on the ship for example) where this person had companions pipe up with comments that I know I never saw. I recall a different companion talking during that scene. I know this also happens in the agent storyline as well after a certain scene on your ship. (One version I saw had Kaliyo commenting, whereas mine had Vector.)

During the Corellia scene in question, Vowrawn compliments Quinn on his work in handling the assassination attempt. I think in my version he complimented Pierce, not Quinn. I'm thinking that this scene now has to do with your level of affection and not which companion you had with you. I believe that at the time of this scene, I had more affection with Pierce than with Quinn. (Pierce was my highest affection companion out of all of them for a while.)

I wish I could find the original thread for this because in it people were trying to figure out how to get that apology to trigger. So, for those of you looking for it, taking Quinn with you on your Corellia class quests doesn't seem to matter. It's a bummer, because that line can go a long way in helping soothe some of the bad feelings that happened, especially if you are romancing Quinn and hope to salvage the relationship somehow.

I managed to get that scene on my SW fortunately, but only because I got spoiled about it beforehand.

It doesn't matter if you take Quinn with you on all Corellia quests or not, but you must NOT have Quinn with you when you talk to Vowrawn back at his safe house on Corellia.

Just switching to another companion right before you talk to Vowrawn does the trick : I summoned Jaesa at this point, spoke to Vowrawn and he commended Quinn for saving his life, not Pierce.

To be on the safe side, you could just summon Pierce before the conversation though. My character's affection with Pierce was never high so I have no idea if it has any effect on how the scene plays.

It makes sense if you think about it, as the "mysterious assassin" attacks Vowrawn on your ship, so if Quinn was with you on Corellia there is no way he could have been on the ship and save Vowrawn's life.

But, considering I had Quinn with me all the time on Corellia and dismissed him only before triggering the conversation with Vowrawn, he technically wasn't on the ship when the attack occured :D

It can help with the relationship as you said, but to me, it just seemed that Bioware wanted to railroad me (again...) into hating my favorite companion with that "incident", so I mostly chose to ignore that part of the story.

I was just relieved we got the option to forgive him and that scene on Corellia was just an added bonus.

Edited by kalistea

It doesn't matter if you take Quinn with you on all Corellia quests or not, but you must NOT have Quinn with you when you talk to Vowrawn back at his safe house on Corellia.

Ah, right...maybe that's the real secret. I wish I had known to do that! I'm glad I got to see it on the video at least.

Omg, that sounds awsome, I really hope there is some form of an appology, even if only a display of guilt/regret!

Either way having Quinn do something that he gets recognition for would be nice, he seems to miss out a lot on that side of things...

I so shouldn't be reading this thread, but I'm glad I have been :D

There's also a scene where Quinn kisses you on the cheek, ( if you're in a romance with him) on the Hoth orbital station where you fight Draagh (twice) and Draagh goes over the railing to diaf, supposedly to his death. A lot of people have missed this one, too. It happens before the Quinncident and doesn't change it, but it suggested to me that his affection was genuine. It was cute, too. You can't have any companions out at all to get this particular scene.

There's also a scene where Quinn kisses you on the cheek, ( if you're in a romance with him) on the Hoth orbital station where you fight Draagh (twice) and Draagh goes over the railing to diaf, supposedly to his death. A lot of people have missed this one, too. It happens before the Quinncident and doesn't change it, but it suggested to me that his affection was genuine. It was cute, too. You can't have any companions out at all to get this particular scene.

Somehow I get the feeling you may be making this up... Why wouldn't you have any companions out with you?

That's true, I also got that scene on my warrior. Thanks youtube for spoilers or I would have missed it too.

Since we are in the spoilers forum :

It happens when you are around level 45-47 on Hoth when you are fighting a NPC named Draagh (the name of the quest is "reallocation).

You can use any companion to help on the fight, but when Draagh is defeated and kneeling in front of you, make sure to dismiss your companion before you talk to him. Just right click on the companion's picture and click "dismiss" (you have to be alone to trigger the scene).

the scene is really cute indeed, don't miss it ;)

About those quests with Wowrawn on Corellia, just make sure to dismiss Quinn and summon Pierce before you use your holocom or talk to Wowrawn. This way you will get 2 holoconversations with Quinn + the "apology" that you would miss otherwise.

That's true, I also got that scene on my warrior. Thanks youtube for spoilers or I would have missed it too.

Since we are in the spoilers forum :

It happens when you are around level 45-47 on Hoth when you are fighting a NPC named Draagh (the name of the quest is "reallocation).

You can use any companion to help on the fight, but when Draagh is defeated and kneeling in front of you, make sure to dismiss your companion before you talk to him. Just right click on the companion's picture and click "dismiss" (you have to be alone to trigger the scene).

the scene is really cute indeed, don't miss it ;)

About those quests with Wowrawn on Corellia, just make sure to dismiss Quinn and summon Pierce before you use your holocom or talk to Wowrawn. This way you will get 2 holoconversations with Quinn + the "apology" that you would miss otherwise.

Thank you! This is an admirable summary of all the easily missed Act 3 bonus Quinn moments. At least, all the ones I'm aware of. Nice to see them listed in one place.

There is that great Quinn romance arc compilation on youtube, that helped me finding all those "bonus moments" while I was leveling my warrior (beware as it spoils the whole romance).

The Hoth kiss scene starts at 39:13

The apology scene starts at 46:25

Edited by kalistea

Omg, now I really want to watch the link >_<

I must resist... at least I should be able to activate some of those 'bonus' scenes for myself...

Are there any others that anyone knows about that havent been mentioned here?

(about to do a forum search on Quinn related threads...)

[Edit] aparently on Taris he has another moment like back on Balmorra and stops your target escaping through the back door... I'm assuming you have to have someone else with you for that to happen...

Edited by Ithilwen

aparently on Taris he has another moment like back on Balmorra and stops your target escaping through the back door... I'm assuming you have to have someone else with you for that to happen...

Hmm, how can I answer without spoiling too much... let's say you won't miss that scene no matter what you do. Just like the one on Balmorra, it's totally part of your story and will happen anyway (just like the "incident" :mad:)

The examples I listed from Hoth and Corellia are exceptions, for all other interesting scenes you need to have Quinn with you all the time .

Other than that, it's more about choosing the right option in the conversation to get the most interesting answer, and I can only advise press the ESC key a lot and try out every option if you can.

Speaking about Taris, there is a moment when you are typing a code to open a door, and you really need to choose the right option in the conversation... won't tell you more not to spoil it for you .

On Tatooine, there is a conversation with one of your main quest NPCs where you can get -41 affection with Quinn but get a glimpse on his true feelings for you. (at 21:11 in the video if you missed it).

Just tell me where your character is and what she's doing right now and I'll tell you if there is something interesting to look for ;)

Edited by kalistea

Speaking about Taris, there is a moment when you are typing a code to open a door, and you really need to choose the right option in the conversation... won't tell you more not to spoil it for you .

Oh, that reminds me. I was going to ask about this one. I chose that option in this scene and wouldn't you know, I don't recall now exactly what Quinn said in return. Can someone put it in a spoiler for me? I did watch one video, but the person didn't choose the "right" option and I was grumbling at the screen the whole time, heh.

Oh, that reminds me. I was going to ask about this one. I chose that option in this scene and wouldn't you know, I don't recall now exactly what Quinn said in return. Can someone put it in a spoiler for me? I did watch one video, but the person didn't choose the "right" option and I was grumbling at the screen the whole time, heh.

I have it here: http://youtu.be/5IYY2_uS6e4#t=16

It's just the one line of interest; the whole rest of the video is blah blah regular quest blah.

Transcript of the relevant bits:

WARRIOR: If there's something you want to say before the end, now's the time.

QUINN: I believe you know how I feel about you, my lord.

Quinn: Master of the ambiguous 'well, at least it wasn't a total no.'

Hmm, how can I answer without spoiling too much... let's say you won't miss that scene no matter what you do. Just like the one on Balmorra, it's totally part of your story and will happen anyway (just like the "incident" :mad:)

The examples I listed from Hoth and Corellia are exceptions, for all other interesting scenes you need to have Quinn with you all the time .

Other than that, it's more about choosing the right option in the conversation to get the most interesting answer, and I can only advise press the ESC key a lot and try out every option if you can.

On Tatooine, there is a conversation with one of your main quest NPCs where you can get -41 affection with Quinn but get a glimpse on his true feelings for you. (at 21:11 in the video if you missed it).

Just tell me where your character is and what she's doing right now and I'll tell you if there is something interesting to look for ;)

Awsome ^^ I always hit ESC and try just about every conversation option. On my male SW (which I only level with my brother) we are about to head to Tattoine, on my female SW I rushed through Balmorra to get him now I'm trying to get the commendations to gear her up before heading to Nar Shadaa (o.o funny how you know how to spell something in this game only to completely forget)

On my male SW my brother gets kind of annoyed when I constantly hit ESC... so I try not to... too much.

hence my female SW :D with the added bonus of romancing Quinn!

Also... I have a habit of feeding my companions gifts, and 'farming' affection >_< then I go through all the dialogs at once... I guess I should try and space things out once I get through Act 1, right?

Hehe, I also rushed both my marauder and juggernaut through Balmorra class quest to get him, then completed the side quests. I thought since Quinn was so eager to send me to the Balmorran arms factory, he should see what kind of hellish place it was ! :D

About the affection raising too fast, there is little you can do. I found that Quinn was possibly the easiest companion to gain affection with, no matter if you play LS or DS. As long as you choose pro empire options, you can often get +60 or +80 just from one conversation.

So, since you already know about Naar Shaddaa, remember those republic soldiers you meet ?

If you spared them, Quinn will offer you strategic advice when you get back at Halidrell's office and find Rathari's message.

If you killed them, you will get a small flirting option instead, your choice ;)

You'll have a similar situation on Alderaan later on, as a light side choice will unlock more conversations that you wouldn't get if you made the dark side choice.

Then, you'll have the comment Quinn will make when leaving Naar Shaddaa, you can annoy him a bit if you want.

About Tatooine, I'll tell you more once your male SW has finished the main quest there.

You can just PM me if you want and I'll tell you about the conversation choices ;)

Anyone else remembers anything about Naar Shaddaa ?

@Bright_ephemera : I know you are quite an expert on the subject, you'll know if I forgot anything ;)

Edited by kalistea

On my male SW I spared the republic troopers, but I didn't get to see what would happen for the different options, LS and DS after they fulfill their debt, I clicked the neutral one and didn't his esc fast enough at the end of the convo...

I thought it was funny when I asked him if he was in a hurry to get back to the ship because of Vette.

"I'm not going to dignify that by replying" or something xD

I have decided that once i'm done leveling my male SW with my brother, i'm going to start over... Its the one char that I actually want to try and RP (after exploring dialog xD), but I miss out on that chance because of the group convos...

Does the flirt option come imediately after killing them, or later in a different conversation as a result?

I'm guessing when he say's he wants to get back to the ship quickly you get the option to 'suggest something perhaps related to your quaters'?

Back at Halidrell's Office the option that gave affection was the one where my char said he'd use the pub troopers, although, if you ask him, he tells you how smart/insightfull you are... in a way :D

I had some thoughts here related to both the 'getting extra dialogue from Quinn' thing and the 'gee, I'd like to murder him' thing that was the original topic.

First up, as for the line a few posts back, when I first encountered it I played a short game of guessing what I was supposed to know he felt about me. Irritation, anger, frustration, and profound, bitter 'you're a terrible manager and I've added you to my hit list' hatred were on the potential list. Also 'nigh-crippling fear.' There really wasn't enough evidence to support 'affection,' not if you miss the easily-missed Tatooine thing.

All the "extras" I'm aware of (along with some of the limits related to the original point of this thread):

Nar Shaddaa spoilers:

Taking the DS option when you deal with the Republic soldiers enables a [Flirt] when you return to Halidrell's office with Quinn. (14:33 in the video linked at the bottom of this post.) This appears in place of where the LS-deciding warrior could've said "Let's use those soldiers." Then there's a teasing [Flirt] everyone gets at the end of the planet (15:40).

Tatooine spoilers:

Easy obvious [Flirt] at the sand demon (19:50). Later when you're dealing with Master Yonlach, right after he knocks Quinn out, choosing option 2 "I prefer it this way" (21:05) costs you a -41 hit from his unconscious yet apparently very sensitive self but gets you an interesting line from Master Yonlach. (around 21 minutes) Then there's a teasing [Flirt] everyone gets at the end of the planet. (21:30)

I've never seen any interesting Alderaan interaction. Then again, note that I've only actually played the Warrior line through once; I am a master rumormonger, not necessarily a game expert.

Taris spoilers:

Taris, when you're chasing General Minst, in the cutscene in which you try to open the safe vault (26:25), selecting "Any last words?" at the opportunity they give will trigger his magnificently noncommittal line, "I believe you know how I feel about you."

Transponder station spoilers:

He actually says less if you take some of the [Flirt]/emotional responses early in the conversation. There is an exhaustive transcript available here if you're curious: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4384359&postcount=297

You CANNOT kill him, CANNOT kick him out, and CANNOT tell the crew what happened. Also even if you say the relationship is over he will progress conversations on the romance path. Because maybe we can still have sex? No? :( Can't blame a guy for trying, right? No, really, you can't blame him, that's not a conversation option.

Spoilers for the Act 3 situation over Hoth:

If you have NO companions active when you talk to Draahg for the final time (after 2? rounds of fighting; he starts the relevant section with "All right! You must be the luckiest being in the galaxy") will trigger a short Quinn scene. around 39:30 in the video linked below. (Anybody know what happens if you're not romancing anyone? Is it still Quinn who revives, he just does the 'take responsibility' for failing at security and then the scene ends?)

Spoilers for Corellia:

If Quinn is NOT in your party on Corellia he will figure into two holo conversations. I don't recall them being particularly romantic, but it's him talking if you're into that. What is more relevant to the question of betrayal is when you deal with Vowrawn on Corellia. You send Vowrawn to your ship at one point. When he is forced to leave again, rendezvousing with him on the planet while Quinn is NOT in your party will trigger a special scene. (46:30, I think)

As before, you CANNOT kill him, CANNOT kick him out, CANNOT tell the crew what happened, CANNOT punish him in any additional way, and CANNOT ask him more questions about what the hell he was thinking

Spoilers for endgame:

lol, just kidding, you don't get anything resolved here. FWIW, he massively approves (+164) of killing Baras. One annoying Sith manager down, one to go, eh? Wait, you won't answer that question because that would mean we get information.

To reiterate, here's the link to the awesome romance compilation that someone linked earlier:

Reviewing this just makes me want to murder him all over again. (Or rather, murder for the first time. You know, because I haven't been allowed to yet.) You need to bend over backwards to get these scraps of affection before he shoots you in the face anyway.

Does the flirt option come imediately after killing them, or later in a different conversation as a result?

I'm guessing when he say's he wants to get back to the ship quickly you get the option to 'suggest something perhaps related to your quaters'?

Back at Halidrell's Office the option that gave affection was the one where my char said he'd use the pub troopers, although, if you ask him, he tells you how smart/insightfull you are... in a way :D

That's later in a different conversation, when you find Rathari's message on Halidrell's corpse.

Rather than a long explanation I just uploaded 2 of my vids:

If you spared the Republic troopers you get this version (with my juggernaut).

I think it's different than what you did because I asked Quinn to thwart Rathari's ambush himself.

I found that asking his opinion, or pretend that you are clueless and need to rely on his expertise often brings out the best conversations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VvK1KTMvq5U

if you killed the Republic troopers you get this one (featuring my marauder)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MtEsdAb5cNM

I made vids from the whole storyline, but been lazy about uploading/editing them :o

About luring him in your quarters... I can only advise being patient... very patient :D

Edited by kalistea

Reviewing this just makes me want to murder him all over again. (Or rather, murder for the first time. You know, because I haven't been allowed to yet.) You need to bend over backwards to get these scraps of affection before he shoots you in the face anyway.

I hope they bring the option to kill companions back when they expand on the class stories... I'd also expect some kind of resolution to this whole situation, even if it was a 'lengthy' process, not just "I forgive you, lets get going"

That's later in a different conversation, when you find Rathari's message on Halidrell's corpse.

Rather than a long explanation I just uploaded 2 of my vids:

If you spared the Republic troopers you get this version (with my juggernaut).

I think it's different than what you did because I asked Quinn to thwart Rathari's ambush himself.

I found that asking his opinion, or pretend that you are clueless and need to rely on his expertise often brings out the best conversations.

I miss out on so much when playing with my brother, he's not quite as into the cut scenes and dialogue as me, so I just go for the +affection.

I remember selecting that option thinking that it might give +affection since you're acknowledging his skills and abilities, hehe, maybe he doesn't like to work as much as he implies.

On a side note... I find Quinn funny, sometimes he states the obvious, and other times his responses are just so far... detached... I can't help but laugh...

Reply to bright:

You CANNOT kill him, CANNOT kick him out, and CANNOT tell the crew what happened. Also even if you say the relationship is over he will progress conversations on the romance path. Because maybe we can still have sex? No? Can't blame a guy for trying, right? No, really, you can't blame him, that's not a conversation option.

The whole 'no follow up' really ticked me off. Just prior to the incident I had the romance conversation where he said he loved me, and immediately after the incident, where I told him that he was no longer welcome in my quarters, he asked me to marry him!

Also his response : "My actions have cost me dearly, then" had me yelling "No S**T *******!" The alternative would have me dead where you still would not be getting any!

The whole situation had my very LS warrior fuming and I turned down the proposal immediately, even though there wasn't an option for smacking him in the face for even asking.