Release date for 5.3

Icykill_

They haven't announced an official date, but given they haven't even shown a preview of the Stronghold supposedly being included in it yet, I would say the last Tuesday of the month - July 25 - is a pretty safe bet. Edited by DarthDymond

I am working on getting the "July Scheduled Maintenance" sticky up either today or tomorrow, which will have the date for 5.3 in it. Spoiler alert, it's July 11th :rak_03:.

-eric

Wow, pleasantly surprised to be wrong on that - are we going to see any previews of the new Stronghold this week or next?

I am working on getting the "July Scheduled Maintenance" sticky up either today or tomorrow, which will have the date for 5.3 in it. Spoiler alert, it's July 11th :rak_03:.

-eric

when are we going to get this season 8 reward teaser info...teaser, its been "a couple of weeks" :rak_02:

Edited by benmas

-eric

Good to know Eric! Thank you!

-eric

No pre-patch public testing of the neutered Seer/Corruption Advanced Classes then I take it...

No pre-patch public testing of the neutered Seer/Corruption Advanced Classes then I take it...

Silly gamer.

IF there going to nerf it because of pvp off a 5 min dummy parse. You think there was ever a chance of public testing? You're funny.

Spoiler alert, it's July 11th :rak_03:.

-eric

Thanks for just saying it. Transparency is refreshing. :) Though you probably should've said that's the intended date. Patches have been postponed in the past and probably will again.

• Dev Post
Thanks for just saying it. Transparency is refreshing. :) Though you probably should've said that's the intended date. Patches have been postponed in the past and probably will again.

Haha, I should just put *all things are subject to change* in my signature.

-eric

-eric

Awesome!

It will be very cool with a new stronghold.

Preview pictures please :tran_cool:

-eric

can we have the madness / balance changes some time this week then please????:D:D:D since u insist to nerf corruption / seer, then don't forget that u promised us DPS changes too:D:D

-eric

Thanks very much!!! Ive waited soooo long for that stronghold and finally will see it :sul_smile:

it's July 11th.

Thanks for this.

From Road Map 2017 SISTERS OF CARNAGE - GAME UPDATE 5.3 – JULY

• Gods from the Machine’s second encounter Aivela and Esne in Story and Veteran Mode

• A brand-new Stronghold with a great view of the Ocean

• The ability to search for Stronghold Decorations using new filters

The start of Class balance changes for the following:

• Sorcerer/Sage

• Powertech / Vanguard

• Assassin / Shadow

• Sniper / Gunslinger

• Mercenary / Commando

• Operative / Scoundrel

Appearances for additional companions can now be customized

Edited by jimmorrisson

Not allowing Testers, id a bad and deliberate bad thing to do, when other good MMO's more often let their players Test.

I see some sites where Swtor gets players responses from, and Most of those people Are rhe Ultra-Elite clubs that do Not make up most of the fabric of the game whatsoever. Those people should not be getting into All these Test beta's there are, as they are, again Not really a Community Representative either.

they are afraid someone will show them how they screwed up again. This is their big chance to drive off sorc/sage players, they dont want to waste it

They test in production, of course. Like all Real Men. Test systems are for wimps, and UA testing in general just gives the users wrong ideas about their importance.

Well, there goes the last bit of fun I had in this game.

Not allowing Testers, id a bad and deliberate bad thing to do, when other good MMO's more often let their players Test.

I see some sites where Swtor gets players responses from, and Most of those people Are rhe Ultra-Elite clubs that do Not make up most of the fabric of the game whatsoever. Those people should not be getting into All these Test beta's there are, as they are, again Not really a Community Representative either.

Had they used testers before 5.0, we could've spared a lot of people from the Merc/Sniper horror show.

One thing they do seem to be doing, and it's laudable in it's own way, they are not over buffing at all. This may very well be in response to the overbuffing mercs/snipers and the outcry from the rest of player base regarding it. They are nerfing hard, but they are not buffing full swing.

Better slow but sure, than just replacing OP classes with new OP classes. Buffs can always be increased later on if it they are found to be insufficient.

What's that saying? "You can always add more salt to the soup but you can't take any out".