PVE - Is there even a point in bringing melee dps?

Serious question. There's a handful of hard mode instances i've done that just flatout aren't tailored to melee.

I haven't done any operations yet.

Please tell me this gets better? Because from what i've seen, There isn't anything melee dps can do that ranged can't excel just as well as. it's a joke.

Edited by Sluggerface

You can ask this in almost every MMO.

And usually the realistic answer is no, except to try and bring the classes so the loot drops aren't wasted. Or depending on the game some classes may have specific buffs that you bring certain classes for.

Oh, and of course that some people might enjoy those classes. There is always that.

Even tanking seems much easier to manage with Powertechs and their republic ilk with spread out groups much easier to keep aggro for them. Every Juggy I heal looks like a crazed chicken running all over the place to get the mobs.

Oh, and of course that some people might enjoy those classes. There is always that.

We were supposed to play what we enjoy? Woops... /reroll Jawa

Edited by JuliusMidnight

Even tanking seems much easier to manage with Powertechs and their republic ilk with spread out groups much easier to keep aggro for them. Every marauder I heal looks like a crazed chicken running all over the place to get the mobs.

We were supposed to play what we enjoy? Woops... /reroll Jawa

if you have a marauder tanking you are doing it wrong