QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

AdamGe

Not reading all 25 pages but one thing I'd like to see is changing all the shuttles everywhere to be just like Makeb.

This was the worst new feature in RotHC. Sloppy design and completely destroyed immersion of the game. Made Makeb feel tiny and incomplete. Bad design. AKA: No thanks.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would probably give them my paychecks for a year if they would make the controls more responsive. I'm working on Shroud of Ruin right now on DK, and I've been at it for almost an hour because I can't get the jumps to fire when I hit the spacebar. I know it's not my computer, because I tested in WoW, EQ2, 2 games my nieces play, and even a beta test I'm in, and my jumps fire as I hit the spacebar.

Half the time when I hit the spacebar, I don't even jump.

Edit: Don't even ask how long it took to get the jumping for HK-51 done. I'm buying that POS Droid from now on.

Edited by shortchick

Seems like some of the stuff in the OP post are content additions. QOL additions are usually just things that make your gaming experience easier, like faster traveling. I would argue that the #1 QOL addition that any of us want to see is a dual spec addition and some type of armory for gear management.

The result would be having pre-defined ability layouts in your GUI for each spec, say tank and dps, as well as an armory that already had gear sets for each spec or pve and pvp laid out. So switching specs would be a one button feature that selected an already laid out talent tree and would then put your abilities in your bars for that spec and your armory would allow you to one click and all the gear you needed for your new spec would pop on your toon.

Edit: Don't even ask how long it took to get the jumping for HK-51 done. I'm buying that POS Droid from now on.

You realize that if you have a healer with you then you don't have to do the jumping puzzle. You can just run across the electrified water.

You realize that if you have a healer with you then you don't have to do the jumping puzzle. You can just run across the electrified water.

My main is a healy sorc, and no I didn't realize. I did the questline within a few days of it being released, and there was no mention of this in any of the guides I read.

That also doesn't address the fact that there is something seriously wrong with the responsiveness of the jumping mechanic.

Edited by shortchick

Dug my authenticator out from the bottom of the pile of paperwork on my desk just to toss some support for a few things.

1). Hood Toggle.

2). Hood Toggle.

3). Custom animations for different stances would be cool. Soresu certainly shouldn't look like Shien, and so on.

4). Hood Toggle.

5). No clipping of capes/robes through speeders, please. Completely rips the immersion out of that aspect of the game for me. I have to actively ignore it not to be annoyed by it... Which in turn annoys me.

6). The ability to use the animations of my Warrior on my Knight would be amazing. The Knight animations (With the exception of Sentinel's Master Strike) looks completely inferior in every way compared to the Warrior's animations. I'm not sure if this is what "Swap Mirror Class Abilities" in the OP is.. But - like Hood Toggle - this would improve the quality of the game for me a thousand-fold. The little things mean a lot to me.

My QoL preferences in order of awesomesauce:

1) Server transfers!

2) Character re-customisation

3) Advanced class swap (I realise BW said they would never do this but I’m not sure I understand why… Considering the only thing unique is the parent class story. AC stories don’t differ… Make it expensive and rare, but allow it.)

1) Legacy Wide Datacrons

2) Day/Night Cycle & Weather

3) Increased Draw Distance

To the guy above me: they should allow advanced class changing, but only up until level 15/20 at the very most. Beyond that I don't think they should allow it.

Edited by Aramyth

My top-priority ones:

1: Legacy-Wide Codex

2: Legacy-Wide Datacrons

3: The ability to mail Commendations and Reputation Trophies between my characters.

4: All taxis changed to be like the Makeb ones...ESPECIALLY the horribly-slow ones on Alderaan.

5: For the taxis on Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant to stop turning invisible.

My "Would be nice" ones:

1: A 64-bit client.

2: DirectX 11.

3: For our characters to actually look wet after being in water (Heck, Twilight Princess did this in 2006)

Edited by DarthVitrial

--Hood up/down

--Remove cloak clipping with vehicles.

--Allow hoods with Kallig's Countenance and the Dread Master's mask from Dreadtooth

--Legacy bank tabs

--Increased mission log cap (know it ain't gonna happen)

--Ability to interact with interior in my ship/ being able to sit at a bar in a cantina

--Emote for laying down

--Less casual emote for sitting

--More easy to use crew skill interface

--Any improvement to the GTN interface

--Remove Vaiken Spacedock (less serious than other things I would like to see, but nevertheless, I would still like to see it. I'd rather be in Nar Shadda/Capital World for trading etc than Spacedock)

--Faster Seeker Droid cast. From 18s -> 12s would do.

--All moddable shells being adaptive.

--Make modding gear more interactive and remove all non-moddable gear from the game or make all non-moddable gear moddable.

--Weather that interacts with the player character. Snowstorms, sandstorms, solarflares whatever.

--Remove alignment restrictions from lightsabers.

--Allow more weapon choice for classes now that we have class icons on nameplates. I.e doublebladed for Warrior/Knight, Sniper for Trooper, Riffle for Bounty Hunter, Single-bladed for Assassin/Shadow etcetc.

--Make relics less of a stat stick (already got 3+ slots for that) and make them interesting. Have them enhance specific class abilities for example.

--Toggle to remove rockets and backpacks from Trooper/Bounty Hunter armor

--Re-adjust ship dummies to player level instead of defaulting it to lvl 55.

--Toggle to remove silly coloring effects to character. I.e. my char turns purple with 3 stacks as tanking assassin and my marauder turns red with 30 stacks. Also force choke has silly red effects. Bah, really really don't like that. I like to look at my char being awesome, not being dipped in liquid rainbow.

--Make guild members hostile in Outlaw's Den

--Mouseover healing

--Remove priority terminal

I really like where the game is going. Excited to see whats coming next.

Edited by Kameki

at the top of my QOL list would be travel cineamtics to watch during load screens. Srsly .. this is done when you start a class, and one other occasion in game, - a small note or the press spacebar to continue should pop up once the zone is loaded and you can move on with your character.

Look at the space travel scene for the Kargga's palace conversation or the Makeb starting conversation taht shows your ship moving, and the orientation of the coamera, and also the shuttles and gravity hook convo that sees you fly into the planet

every load screen should show a trael video,

-Legacy-wide Field Respec

I know im a bit on the poor side, but 200k for the field respec seems a bit high considering its only one character perk instead of a legacy-wide perk.

-Ability to toggle the hoods on robes up/down

Can't really think of any other ones atm

-!!! Replayable Class story and Companion conversations !!! (without huge rewards maybe with scaled instances something like Char story heroic mode)

-Companion customization (could be implemented as a part of the barber shop in wich you change the appearance of your companion and create an item like "Charname's" "Companionname" customization number

example

-eric's Ashara customization 3 (in this case it would be the third wich -eric created for Ashara)

-change other gear into adaptive orange gear (cartel market item wich lets you change an armor into adaptive armor)

-dyeable CE store armors and lore gear.

-appereance tabs

-Pazaak, Sabbac, Swoopracing (i think it fits better than podracing).