Dash'Rode NiM 90m Knockback

This might be a silly question, but is Dash'Rode supposed to knock the tank back 90+ meters once the tank is knocked into the air on NiM? I've seen this happen rarely in HM and chalked it up to bad RNG, but it is happening consistently in NiM.

For example, I have a screenshot that shows my corpse at the 4th generator when the raid is at the third. What had happened was I was knocked up, and on my way down, I arced 90 meters away from the raid and died (my death distance was 93.28m from Dash'Rode).

The only plus side to this is that it justifies my continued use of my Sin tank as force sprint/phase walk can mitigate this if it doesn't happen too often.

Is there a way I can prevent this from happening? It happens to my Jugg co-tank as well (only he has to hoof it back until he is in leap range).

Happened to me twice in the same HM run. I heard an explanation that there is a ship(?) orbiting over that storm and one can hit it(?).

Isn't it just the case, that the timing between the action to let the tank fly and the aoe knockback have to match, so you're in his reach of being knockbacked, while you're still falling?

It seems you get knocked back while in top point of your 'flight'. It's a wipe causing issue actually. Once or twice we also had healer or DPS get knocked back miles away almost to previous shield even though he was standing at the rock. Not sure if that's intended.

Did you guys get person with shield lost? That is a fun one!

It seems you get knocked back while in top point of your 'flight'. It's a wipe causing issue actually. Once or twice we also had healer or DPS get knocked back miles away almost to previous shield even though he was standing at the rock. Not sure if that's intended.

Did you guys get person with shield lost? That is a fun one!

ok, I didn't know it was that mean :(

We had our shield carrier getting lost once too and both tanks in the next try, that's a funny one, if you don't have another dps who can taunt so the boss runs to one of the tanks

I can imagine surviving the tanks lost if DPS is high enough later, but we lost both healers in one try and that wasn't really manageable. As they already struggle with the adds and usually come back with low health themselves.

Generally this is a boss that causes most random wipes for us. We can one shot Trasher, Titan-6, Puzzle boss, but this one will sometimes just kill us.

You get knocked up and THEN get knocked 90 meters sideways? I wanna experience that lol.

Tank the fight. :-) You almost always get knocked 90 meters sideways, it's just that usually the game glitches you back within the shield. The bug is that *sometimes* it doesn't glitch you back, and so you end up MASSIVELY out of range of the shield. Usually this results in a wipe.

Incidentally, the ship that everyone says is high up in the sandstorm is actually XS Freighter Flyby. :-) When dash'roode knocks you up, you're almost exactly as high as the animation for that ability. Because of the timing on the tank swap, if you have non-sharpshooter gunslingers in your raid, you're almost guaranteed to see this effect at least once per pull.

Regarding lost healers, it's worth noting that all of dash'roode's abilities during the transition phase are melee, and he moves exactly as fast as a player does. You can kite him faster than he can walk by using Force Speed, Hold the Line / Hydraulic Overload, Guardian Leap / Intercede, or Transcendence/Predation, which means you will take exactly zero damage between shields if you're doing it properly.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

which means you will take exactly zero damage between shields if you're doing it properly.

Unless you're in the same page as everybody then that will leave you far head of the rest of the raid with some people sitting outside the shield because they are too busy DPSing ._.

Edited by paowee

Unless you're in the same page as everybody then that will leave you far head of the rest of the raid with some people sitting outside the shield because they are too busy DPSing ._.

We just sprint between shield locations and treat it as pure downtime. We also tank swap after two people get lost so that the tank holding the shield isn't the tank holding the boss. I can simply hold the boss at the very front of the shield; everyone sprints (grenading whenever possible) and we reestablish at the next location about 15 seconds after leaving the first.

We used to have DPS issues so we DPS all the way under the shield and move slowly. This can be now changed I think as we killed him large margin last time. Anyway it's never tank healing that issue when we loose our healers. It's always some damaged DPS, healer bringing adds when everyone is low on health etc.

We had the 90m knockback happen last night. I find this fight extremely buggy.

Other bugs:

-Sentinels getting knockback in the middle of a leap become stuck and can't move or even leap back to boss. Only thing that gets them unstuck is a sage pull

-Shield generators didn't spawn so xuvvas just attack healers instead

-People getting lost see black screen or loading screen resulting in time for rats to maul them

-Shield carrier "teleports" ahead of rest of party. This is likely due to lag, but the tank carrying the shield said his screen and movement seemed normal, everyone else thought they were under the shield and then saw the shield 5-10 meters in front of them

-Scoundrels using vanish get lost twice (not really a bug, but kind of a bad mechanic)