UPDATED Dueling Tournament

azzhealy

Keiga was placed? :D:D:D.

See Shiro, you did great too.

I wouldn't exactly say I did *great* but I guess it was okay =P 'cause I was absolutely shattered for half the thing haha. Had been manning a checkpoint for 15 hours straight the night before, freezing my nuts off on the top of a mountain serving runners, barely anything to eat 'cause we were too busy and then only 3-ish hours of sleep after that before we were up, cleaning the site and headed home =P

So yeah, I was still half asleep, hungry, slightly cold and shivering and all that along with the fact that my ping is ~300ms higher than Nuisance/Kiari/Pewpews who won it, I'd say I did alright =P

That being said, great effort from all the Shadows, Assassins, Juggernauts and Guardians today, some really nice and some really close fights and congrats to Prophets of Agony for both the wins =)

Edited by Rorkiy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keiga was placed? :D:D:D.

See Shiro, you did great too.

yeah came second sadly, honestly thought id walk it with moshie out of the picture, guess not though.

ill get my revenge in a wz oneday where im more suited.

shiro, considering all things and your opponants being some of the best known players you did damn well

grats on second you still get to enter the Grand Tournament along with Myson,Nuicence,Atton,Pedigree,Woofie,Carthy and Myself along with the next winners

Edited by BattleGracefully

yeah came second sadly, honestly thought id walk it with moshie out of the picture, guess not though.

ill get my revenge in a wz oneday where im more suited.

shiro, considering all things and your opponants being some of the best known players you did damn well

grats on second you still get to enter the Grand Tournament along with Myson,Nuicence,Atton,Pedigree,Woofie,Carthy and Myself along with the next winners

was trying to help you out there at the end. Didn't realize the tourney was going so fast. I was dueling other sent/rauders to remember how to play my sentinel and when I went over to see how the jugs/guards were doing you were doing your last two duels. Didn't realize it was the finals already or I would've tried to help sooner :(

Edited by MoshhsoM

Shiro - 300ms+ loses to lag

Heala - 300ms+ loses to lag

Mosh - 300ms+ ?????????

P.S. On Sunday, please notice I never get first leap. Thank you :)

Since half the community wants me to lose and half wants me to win, let's get some bets rolling since I'm broke. Sitting on my last mil. :)

Edited by MoshhsoM

Shiro - 300ms+ loses to lag

Heala - 300ms+ loses to lag

Mosh - 300ms+ ?????????

P.S. On Sunday, please notice I never get first leap. Thank you :)

Since half the community wants me to lose and half wants me to win, let's get some bets rolling since I'm broke. Sitting on my last mil. :)

half and half? i'd double check your stats there :p

Congratulations to Angelol and Zevren for winning today's tournaments.

Marauders / Sentinels

1st - Angelol - A little bit gimp

2nd - Seraphielz - An Ewok ate my baby

Snipers / Gunslingers

1st - Zevren - The Immortals

2nd - Cathleen - Notorious Synergy

Next week is Sorcs/Sages and Mercs/Commandos

Congratulations to Angelol and Zevren for winning today's tournaments.

Marauders / Sentinels

1st - Angelol - A little bit gimp

2nd - Seraphielz - An Ewok ate my baby

Snipers / Gunslingers

1st - Zevren - The Immortals

2nd - Cathleen - Notorious Synergy

Next week is Sorcs/Sages and Mercs/Commandos

I'm actually looking forward for this video.

I'm guessing the sniper / gunslinger tournament went a little something like this.

Take cover.

Entrench.

Shoot opponent until it dies.

Celebratory beer.

Oh how I wish it were so... In hindsight, if I had done just that, maybe I would've won that last draw, haha

Congratulations Zevren, you deserve the win (:

Thought you gave a good account of Lethality Cathleen. I like that spec on my Sniper (she's only 43 atm) and i think in a Duel scenario with more cover/LOS oppertunities you would have won the day.

There's a huge pillar to run around. Should have used it!

http://bit.ly/Wv5SwM

^ for Angelol. Our last duel

Angelol - 30ms

Moshelle - 220+ms

smart player nonetheless and out of probably 30 or so duels, we both won about the same amount with him winning more sets of best out of 5 than myself.

Even though I didn't enter the tourney, he still deserves the win. sucks that I have to play on dumpy net, nothing I can do about it. Going to be like Heala now and not take duels serious anymore. Just going to accept that there's only so much we can do with our skill on terrible net. Heala went from being the most feared scoundrel on server to just "good" when he went from 30ms to 320.

Why don't I ever say "gg"?

Lordoss asked me this question once after we become sorta friends when I fueled his marauder. I told him I don't say gg cos with my ping I don't really know if it was in fact a "gg" or if my ping caused the loss. I need an even playing field to say gg and until then, it's not a gg.

Was this post as an excuse for losing?

Yes and no, its built up of a year of frustration of bad net.

Is it a good excuse?

Yes it is.... I'm handicapped. -.-

Why do I complain about ping?

Lul. Cos its sometimes the difference between life and death, who wants to lose cos of something the net did and not yourself? Nobodies perfct. Ping just makes you look more imperfect.

What are the most common notices of ping?

Hmmm, this is a lot actually and gonna do ones off the op my head

1. Hutball. I could be clicking ball 100 times a second and not get it over someone. Loved Aznpower when he was 30ms, always got that thing no matter what.

2. Playing lulsweep spec. A lot of times people would be one foot away from me on my screen and I'd still miss the aoe cos on the low ping players screen, they've already moved out of range while my ping is still trying to register they're not in range.

3. Fire pits. I could be 2 meters passed the fire pit and stunned. When in stunned my body teleports 2 meters back into the fire pit cos ping didn't send the server that I'm already 2 meters over the pit in time.

4. Using knock back abilities on sages/sorce. Since taking one step takes it .3 seconds to register on my screen. Using 5. My blow back ability could knock you the direction I don't want to even though you're directly in front of me on my screen. The reason I don't have a problem with force push on guardian is cos when I leap to you, that roots you for 3 seconds allowing me to direct up where I want to push you cos ping can't screw me cos being rooted allows me to see where you really are allowing me to line up the shot since you can't move.

Cc breakers in fire pits. Time where I'll be full resolve hole burning in fire pit and click my 15k health worth of CDs only have them not go off cos of that split second of delay.

6. Using melee attacks. The most common of all the commons. Melee range is 4 meters. If on my screen you're in range, it doesn't matter, of you're more than 4 meters away from me on your screen, it's not going to activate for me and just shows the ability lit up on my quickbar but my arm just twitches like it wants to attack but never does.

7Leaps. Another huuuuge one. I will never get first leap if we both spamming it. When azn was on 30ms hed look like he charged me from 6 or 7 meters away. Now when I duel him on his crappy net he says I look like I'm that close on his screen :) revenge is sweet.

8. Getting backstab to work. Primarily the reason I can't get serious about playing stealthy. It's bad enough playing melee on bad net. Try getting behind someone while they're turning with ping trying to catch up to the turn.

Using guarded by the force on my sentinel. Yeah you try using a 99% dmg reduction ability at the last second on bad net and see how it works out. Your finishing blow will take me out if we both hit skill at same time cos yours will register before mine.

9.Picking up health packs and expertise boosts in wzs. That one is just a very friendly reminder how handicapped I am. If on voidstar, there's an expertise boost pack in the mid. On m screen I'm ahead of everyone running to it. I could be 5 meters ahead of the person ahead of me and see myself run over the expertise boost and have the person 5 meters BEHIND me get it. lul same thing for the health packs. On my screen I pick it up and the enemy behind me gets it before me. OOOOOR I'll be on the brink of death, trying to get to the med pack, on my screen I see myself step on the medpack only to see mysel lying dead on the ground a split second later, 3 meters away from medpack -.-

Would I duel someone who played 100% like me in every way if he was on 30ms and I was on 250?

For practice/fun, yes. seriously? Hell no, hed whip my ***.(Aka Aznpower when he was at college on 30ms whipping up on my guardian 90% of the duels. Now he understands my pain since hes stuck on 300ms. Now I get to whip him more often than that cos of his ping. :D)

What would happen if I played on 30ms connection?

I would be able to play like Jwalsh, Celo, Lycaon and Aznpower(when he was on 30ms). Same skill level just don't get hindered by ping when they need it.

Why can't it be skill and not ping?

It can be. The players that know who they are, know who they are from how I talk to them. If you haven't heard it from me then obviously I dont think your skill outdoes the ping and idgaf! :D also, please understand you can see skill in players even if they're fotm. For example, I haaaaaaaate bubble burst specd sorce/sages on my sentinel(eat them on my guardian hehe) BUT I can see the skill in Zanshiri, Nhorn and Treyice and another sorce I can't think of off the top of my head. They play that annoying *** fotm healing spec but hey, you can tell they're better than an average bubble specd sorce/sage. Don't need good ping to see it.

Why make such a long post?

Hmmm I don't know. I think people just shrug off the word ping/lag cos they're not the one experiencing it. From what

You only see what's in front of you, not what's on front of me and why it would obviously lead to frustration sometimes.

Do I care that you dont care?

Idgaf if you care. This is just me pouring my mounting year of frustration playing swtor on **** net

Am I mad?

No, just disappointed.

Am I tired of talking about ping yet?

I'm tired of seeing my ping every damn day, what do you think?

When am I finally leaving Dalborra?

March 1st. Finally going back to America so time difference will be too great to play here anymore.(I know a lot of you are happy I'm leaving :))

Am I still the best?

Dont worry, I'm still the best. :)

Edited by MoshhsoM

http://bit.ly/Wv5SwM

^ for Angelol. Our last duel

Angelol - 30ms

Moshelle - 220+ms

smart player nonetheless and out of probably 30 or so duels, we both won about the same amount with him winning more sets of best out of 5 than myself.

Even though I didn't enter the tourney, he still deserves the win. sucks that I have to play on dumpy net, nothing I can do about it. Going to be like Heala now and not take duels serious anymore. Just going to accept that there's only so much we can do with our skill on terrible net. Heala went from being the most feared scoundrel on server to just "good" when he went from 30ms to 320.

Was this post as an excuse for losing?

Yes it was

Is it a good excuse?

Yes it is.... I'm handicapped. -.-

Why do I complain about ping?

Lul. Cos its sometimes the difference between life and death, who wants to lose cos of something the net did and not yourself? Nobodies perfct. Ping just makes you look less imperfect.

Would I duel someone who played 100% like me in every way if he was on 30ms and I was on 250?

For practice/fun, yes. seriously? Hell no, hed whip my ***.(Aka Aznpower when he was at college on 30ms whipping up on my guardian 90% of the duels. Now he understands my pain since hes stuck on 300ms. Now I get to whip him more often than that cos of his ping. :D)

What would happen if I played on 30ms connection?

I would be able to play like Jwalsh, Celo, Lycaon and Aznpower(when he was on 30ms). Same skill level just don't get hindered by ping when they need it.

Why can't it be skill and not ping?

It can be. The players that know who they are, know who they are from how I talk to them. If you haven't heard it from me then obviously I dont think your skill outdoes the ping and idgaf! :D also, please understand you can see skill in players even if they're fotm. For example, I haaaaaaaate bubble burst specd sorce/sages on my sentinel(eat them on my guardian hehe) BUT I can see the skill in Zanshiri, Nhorn and Treyice and another sorce I can't think of off the top of my head. They play that annoying *** fotm healing spec but hey, you can tell they're better than an average bubble specd sorce/sage. Don't need good ping to see it.

Am I mad?

No, just disappointed.

Am I tired of talking about ping yet?

I'm tired of seeing my ping every damn day, what do you think?

When am I finally leaving Dalborra?

March 1st. Finally going back to America so time difference will be too great to play here anymore.(I know a lot of you are happy I'm leaving :))

Am I still the best?

Dont worry, I'm still the best. :)

I don't give a crap about your duels and ping, and have fun on NA servers, I might go there if Dalborra still blows after transfers(as in, everyone decides to transfer to NA instead of pooling up on one server).

HOWEVER, I'm interested about the screenshot in your signature. Is that guy lvl 50? And did you f*ck him up as a lvl 43?