Easiest way of reaching 1,3s GCD (1857+ alacrity) in 5.10 for DPS and Healers

Equeliber

Disclaimer: these calculations are only for 1857 alacrity, specs like Arsenal, Lightning and Carnage need extra math (might do it later).

So, this seems to be the most optimal setup for DPS 258 gear (not what Smarty has on his spreadsheet) – this only requires one healer’s piece while we wait for 258 Offhand; and when we will have it, you will not need any healer’s pieces. But Smarty’s setup requires purchasing 2 healer’s pieces, you can’t get around that. So, here we go.

• Alacrity: Earpiece, Implant, Implant, Head, Offhand + 6 240 rating Alacrity augments = 5x253 + 6x99 = 1859

• Accuracy: Hands, Feet + Yellow Stim = 253 + 253 + 240 = 746

• Critical rating: everything else, specifically – Legs, Chest, Mainhand + 8 Critical augments + 1 Eviscerating Crystal (2nd crystal should be Mastery) + Relics + Stim = 3x253+8x99+41+74+74+99 = 1839

We do not have a 258 Offhand yet, so for now, to reach 1859 alacrity, we get a healer’s chest piece (which has alacrity instead of critical like on DPS chest), use the enhancement from there. And use a 248 critical enhancement for offhand.

So, the setup for now goes like this.

• Alacrity: Earpiece, Implant, Implant, Head, Chest + 6 240 rating Alacrity augments = 5x253 + 6x99 = 1859

• Accuracy: Same.

• Critical: Legs, Offhand (248), Mainhand (252) + 8 Critical augments + 2 Eviscerating Crystals + Relics + Stim = 253+236+231+8x99+41+41+74+74+99 = 1841

Healers have the same idea, the only difference is that healers have no accuracy, so they will have 2 extra Critical enhancements. Use 4 less Critical augments and 1 less Critical crystal than in DPS setup and put in 4 Mastery augments and 1 Mastery crystal instead. And, of course, a Red Mastery stim.

P.S. As Toraak pointed out, another option is to not get a healer's chestpiece but to just replace one Critical augment with an Alacrity one (even a 228 augment will be fine as this alacrity will mostly go to waste). This way you can keep using a 252 alacrity offhand and you don't need an extra 258 piece. The downside is that for now you will be running 1900+ alacrity. But if you have troubles getting 258 pieces, then you should absolutely follow Toraak's advice!

Edited by Equeliber

Disclaimer: these calculations are only for 1857 alacrity, specs like Arsenal, Lightning and Carnage need extra math (might do it later).

So, this seems to be the most optimal setup for DPS 258 gear (not what Smarty has on his spreadsheet) – this only requires one healer’s piece while we wait for 258 Offhand; and when we will have it, you will not need any healer’s pieces. But Smarty’s setup requires purchasing 2 healer’s pieces, you can’t get around that. So, here we go.

• Alacrity: Earpiece, Implant, Implant, Head, Offhand + 6 240 rating Alacrity augments = 5x253 + 6x99 = 1859

• Accuracy: Hands, Feet + Yellow Stim = 253 + 253 + 240 = 746

• Critical rating: everything else, specifically – Legs, Chest, Mainhand + 8 Critical augments + 1 Eviscerating Crystal (2nd crystal should be Mastery) + Relics + Stim = 3x253+8x99+41+74+74+99 = 1839

There is an alternately optimized configuration, given the restrictions of 5.10 on MH/OH. This alternative does not require healer gear purchases, and uses only the default gear from the set items (with a few caveats):

Accuracy - gloves, boots, stim = 746

Alacrity - head, offhand, 14 augs = 1875 (1.3s gcd)

Crit - chest, legs, jewelry x3, relics x2, crystal x2 = 1830

3 things of note:

1) your 5.10 config above states you would need to to get a healers chest for the alacrity, but my config does not require it, amd uses the default offhand alacrity

2) your 5.10 config would also use the 248 crit enhancement in the offhand, which isnt reflected in your 1839 crit rating (would be 1839-253+231=1817. My config would have 1830 crit, and again, use all default pieces

3) my config includes 14 240 alacrity augs, and when MH/OH 258 is released, you will only need 6 240 alac augs. That said, you could also use 8 240 alac augs + 6 228 (or 236) alac augs and still reach the 1857 threshold for 1.3s gcd, but you lose out on the added power and endurance of the full 240 aug build.

2) your 5.10 config would also use the 248 crit enhancement in the offhand, which isnt reflected in your 1839 crit rating (would be 1839-253+231=1817. My config would have 1830 crit, and again, use all default pieces

3) my config includes 14 240 alacrity augs, and when MH/OH 258 is released, you will only need 6 240 alac augs. That said, you could also use 8 240 alac augs + 6 228 (or 236) alac augs and still reach the 1857 threshold for 1.3s gcd, but you lose out on the added power and endurance of the full 240 aug build.

2) I have the 2nd setup for 248 enhancement and 252 mainhand right below the full 258 one. It's not 1817, by the way - you also have a 252 mainhand, so it is 1800. But you can add another Crit crystal to end up with 1841.

3) Well, that's the problem for me - I don't want to buy any extra augments just for a few months until 258 offhand is added, in my opinion, getting one extra healer's piece is much faster and easier. And with my setup you won't need to swap 8 augments out afterwards. You just change 2 enhancements, once the 258 offhand comes out, and you have the perfect build.

The stat difference between our builds is very minor but mine is much cheaper to set up.

P.S. The biggest problem with your build is the 3 Critical implants/ear. You won't be able to set up 1859 alacrity at all, when 258 MH/OH is added. You absolutely need at least 2 out 3 "left side" pieces to have alacrity.

So, as you said yourself, you only need 6 alacrity augments in full 258. Then you are planning to swap 8 augments out. But when you do that, you won't have enough alacrity anymore. You will need to change both implants and ear to alacrity. I can see your build working out "for now" if you still have 3 248 Critical implants/ear. But I have those at 258 already and i have them as Alacrity because that's what you need in full 258s.

You can keep using this 14 Alacrity augment setup afterwards as well, of course. But that means you are wasting about 33 points of alacrity.

Edited by Equeliber

Like i said, an alternate config that may be easier for some, as the thread title suggests.

yeah right, im absolutly sure its easier to get 32 CMTs or 50-60million creds for 8 more alacrity augments than it is to farm some more crystals for extra healer chest, glove and boots. just to waste them 1 month later when 258 OH is released and farm another 32CMTs or 60million creds for the crit augs you need then. sounds reasonable.

Edited by mrphstar

yeah right, im absolutly sure its easier to get 32 CMTs or 50-60million creds for 8 more alacrity augments than it is to farm some more crystals for extra healer chest, glove and boots. just to waste them 1 month later when 258 OH is released and farm another 32CMTs or 60million creds for the crit augs you need then. sounds reasonable.[/QUOTe]

Yep, total waste of alac augs that cant be transferred to an alt and still hold that same value, right? News flash, to some people time is worth more than money. Other news flash - people are different.

Yep, total waste of alac augs that cant be transferred to an alt and still hold that same value, right? News flash, to some people time is worth more than money. Other news flash - people are different.

yeah, just that there is some flaw in your logic: in order to maintain optimal stats for every toon, you gotta do your "great" aug management on all of them. where exactly to you plan to use all of these wasted alacrity augs then?

news flash: grinding 60 million creds or 32 CMTs for every toon takes way longer than grinding the 258 pieces, so its definitly not easier, since we were talking about the easiest way.

ok, unless you are one of the credit seller customers or buy things for CC to resell them. thats way easier, if you wanna spend hundrets of dollars for optimal stats, each his own.

yeah, just that there is some flaw in your logic: in order to maintain optimal stats for every toon, you gotta do your "great" aug management on all of them. where exactly to you plan to use all of these wasted alacrity augs then?

news flash: grinding 60 million creds or 32 CMTs for every toon takes way longer than grinding the 258 pieces, so its definitly not easier, since we were talking about the easiest way.

ok, unless you are one of the credit seller customers or buy things for CC to resell them. thats way easier, if you wanna spend hundrets of dollars for optimal stats, each his own.

Easiest way is to buy CC items with RL cash and get 100mil credits from a hypercrate that may fund every toon in a collection if you have the money to spend. Literally takes a few minutes.

Many people are thankful for your informative post, but its not the only option no matter how long you hold on to your pride. Plenty of people will gladly take the quickest route which may mean paying to play, and not farming extra pieces that arent part of their class. You dont have to agree with it, or even swallow it, but it doesnt magically make it disappear.

For those players who find usefulness in my alternate way, i am glad if it made things useful for you.

Easiest way is to buy CC items with RL cash and get 100mil credits from a hypercrate that may fund every toon in a collection if you have the money to spend. Literally takes a few minutes.

Many people are thankful for your informative post, but its not the only option no matter how long you hold on to your pride. Plenty of people will gladly take the quickest route which may mean paying to play, and not farming extra pieces that arent part of their class. You dont have to agree with it, or even swallow it, but it doesnt magically make it disappear.

For those players who find usefulness in my alternate way, i am glad if it made things useful for you.

I feel like your raison d'etre is to split hairs.

The easiest way definitely isn't the most optimal, however just switch out a 240 Crit Aug, for a 228 or 236 Alac augment you already have made. So use 6 Alacrity 240's, 7 Critical 240's, and 1 228 or 236 Alac.When we get the OH go to 6 Alac, 8 crit (240's)

You will definitely be losing some stats temporarily, but it shouldn't be enough to massively reduce DPS.

Edited by Toraak

The easiest way definitely isn't the most optimal, however just switch out a 240 Crit Aug, for a 228 or 236 Alac augment you already have made. So use 6 Alacrity 240's, 7 Critical 240's, and 1 228 or 236 Alac.When we get the OH go to 6 Alac, 8 crit (240's)

You will definitely be losing some stats temporarily, but it shouldn't be enough to massively reduce DPS.

Yes, you are right, that's also possible. That's actually what I am doing, personally. I am at 1900+ alacrity right now because of the same thing you said. I will switch the temporary alacrity augment to critical, once I get a 258 offhand.

But if people really want to min-max even now, then they should get the healer's chestpiece and put 248 crit in offhand.

Edited by Equeliber

Me or the OP? Seems like hes having trouble allowing other people to post options.

You realize that I posted only once after the original post and you were talking to mrphstar?

And my point still stands - using 2 crit implants and one crit ear in your setup is garbage. You will need to replace them all with Alacrity when 258 offhand comes out. So, with your "alternative" setup you will be not only wasting tons of money on augments, but you are also going to need 3 more 258 pieces.

P.S. You can prove me wrong, if you like. Post a setup with 2 crit implants and 1 crit ear which lets you get to 1859 alacrity. Unless, of course, you meant keeping 248 crit implants/ear and waiting with getting 258 alacrity ones until offhand comes out. I can see that working out but I still don't understand why you would want to run 14 alacrity augments, when with my setup you can prepare a small one-enhancement change while still running near perfect stats right now.

Edited by Equeliber

You realize that I posted only once after the original post and you were talking to mrphstar?

Nope. I rarely look at the poster name. My phone makes it difficult enough just to post.

And my point still stands - using 2 crit implants and one crit ear in your setup is garbage. You will need to replace them all with Alacrity when 258 offhand comes out. So, with your "alternative" setup you will be not only wasting tons of money on augments, but you are also going to need 3 more 258 pieces.

P.S. You can prove me wrong, if you like. Post a setup with 2 crit implants and 1 crit ear which lets you get to 1859 alacrity. Unless, of course, you meant keeping 248 crit implants/ear and waiting with getting 258 alacrity ones until offhand comes out. I can see that working out but I still don't understand why you would want to run 14 alacrity augments, when with my setup you can prepare a small one-enhancement change while still running near perfect stats right now.

People approach gearing differently. I simply offered another option. If people choose to take offense to it, or become critical or defensive of it, thats their choice to react like that. I gave the option, and nobody has to like it or use it. Some people choose not to do the math themselves.

Nope. I rarely look at the poster name. My phone makes it difficult enough just to post.

People approach gearing differently. I simply offered another option. If people choose to take offense to it, or become critical or defensive of it, thats their choice to react like that. I gave the option, and nobody has to like it or use it. Some people choose not to do the math themselves.

you are arguing for the sake of the argument, not to provide helpful tips, thats my problem. while spreading (semi-)false information. ofc theres always the easiest way to buy everything you want. but we dont need to open threads like OP did just to have someone like you point out "you could spend money", but to give the best ways which do NOT include p2w.

your inability of reading comprehension is annoying. or you just dont want to understand the meaning of a post and argue to.....yeah argue, as i pointed out earlier.

you are arguing for the sake of the argument, not to provide helpful tips, thats my problem. while spreading (semi-)false information. ofc theres always the easiest way to buy everything you want. but we dont need to open threads like OP did just to have someone like you point out "you could spend money", but to give the best ways which do NOT include p2w.

your inability of reading comprehension is annoying. or you just dont want to understand the meaning of a post and argue to.....yeah argue, as i pointed out earlier.

I could say the similar things about your posts (and a lot of other posters), but i choose not to. I guess thats what sets me apart.

Edited by olagatonjedi

As you are arguing about the "easiest way" to obtain those alacrity augments/enhancements, I'd like to highight the option to craft the additional enhancement. As GftM MM bosses are being killed on a regular basis by several groups, Forgotten Curio's will sooner or later hit the GTN.

I could say the similar things about your posts (and a lot of other posters), but i choose not to. I guess thats what sets me apart.

not that you just did it. what sets you apart is exactly this kind of logic with all its beautiful flaws :)

have a nice day, im done with you again, welcome back on ignore.

Edited by mrphstar