recommended gear ratings per ops

Most SM Ops can be done around 230 or above. Although I would recommend a 236 gear rating for the Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice story mode due to the DPS and healing checks

most *HM* Ops can be done in 230, SMs are very generously bolstered and have been neutered across the board since they can be done from level 50. Don't exagerate requirements when gear is a non issue for SMs.

I think this is only partially true. More often than not, my guild has had to fill a seventh or eighth slot with a random player through group finder, only to find that they are specced heals and "accidentally" ended up as DPS. I put "accidentally" in quotes not because I think the player is deceitful, but rather, they don't notice they are dps, don't point it out to the group, and don't try to fix the problem. Having three healers and three dps hurts in story mode Underlurker, even with those three dps overgeared for SM and everyone in the group executing the mechanics pretty well. My point is that the bolstering can only do so much.

I think this is only partially true. More often than not, my guild has had to fill a seventh or eighth slot with a random player through group finder, only to find that they are specced heals and "accidentally" ended up as DPS. I put "accidentally" in quotes not because I think the player is deceitful, but rather, they don't notice they are dps, don't point it out to the group, and don't try to fix the problem. Having three healers and three dps hurts in story mode Underlurker, even with those three dps overgeared for SM and everyone in the group executing the mechanics pretty well. My point is that the bolstering can only do so much.

Honestly gear for SM doesn't matter much. As long as you wear something. For HM I would say augged 230s is more then enough to get you past every DPS and heal check if you know how to play your class. As for NIMs most can be done in 236s though checks are tight. 242+ makes those checks a bit easier. To sum it up for you in iLVL I would say that assuming you can play your class to the highest capacity? SM: 208 HM: 232 NIM: 240

I find some answers here are weird. Yes it is possible for top tier players to clear NiM ops in 240 gear. Progging them for the first time tho? You're gonna have a bad time. If the OP was a top tier player able to clear all NiM DPS checks in 240 gear he wouldn't be asking what the gear requirement for the new op was, he would already have it on farm.

@Op not saying you are bad, just saying you aren't as experienced as some people answering here. For SM of the new op (or any op), gear isn't really relevant (because of bolster). Having a set bonus helps, but the most important thing is have people know their role. 95% of the time if you aren't able to clear a boss in SM 248 gear won't do any difference.

VM of the new op is slightly different. It is tuned with 246 gear in mind iirc. It is doable with a lot less gear (as the DPS checks and heal checks really aren't that hard), but in that setting having stronger gear does help out. One assumes everyone in a VM ops knows how to play their class, and while progging, the extra few hundred DPS/HPS will help you kill Tyth before getting an extra wave of adds that overwhelm you, or push sisters faster and having less outgoing damage, or help heal people doing movement errors on sisters (Nahut is easier than the two others so you won't hit a gear block on him). It is proggable with less gear, it will only take longer (I wouldn't recommend starting prog of that op without having everyone in 242+).

For other VM ops I'd recommend mix or 236 and 242 (except KP/EV, don't need more than 230, if that). For nim ops, a mix of 242 and 248, with gear ratings of 246+ for the hardest apex bosses.

That is not a bolster issue. Nor is that a gear issue. The guy in heal spec isn't going to be doing more dps whether he's in 248 gear or 208 gear.