Smuggler-Gungslinger PVP, High burst damage but limited due to crouch?

WetSuit

Heya, I am new to the game. But come from a experience of high rated play from other games, pvp wise.

After queuing for alot of battlegrounds in a 4man set , without a healer. I am mentioning this in advance so people can tell me if it really makes that massive difference.

It seems that "good" Melee have no trouble sitting on me. Yes i understand to do damage as a melee you need to be in "melee range" but when my class/advanced classes damage is based around crouching and taking cover, otherwise labeled as being stationary

I have a flashbang, a kick which stuns. and a ranged root. So lets say that the melee decides to open with a leap whilst im crouched i get off one shot before being forced to root him or stun him to get out of range whilst using instant cast spells. by the time im out of range i activate crouch the root has ended and he is on his way to get back into melee range.

The point im getting at is that my classes burst damage is based around being stationary and that a melees burst damage is based around being in "melee range" in a game which is clearly melee dominant if the person playing has unbinded the s key and is using strafe.

I am in no way calling for buffs or nerfs but i am wondering, why is a gungslingers burst mechanics based around taking cover and crouching?

Any tips or tips for playing a gunslinger vs melee would be highly appreciated, i do not keyboard turn and i have keybinded everything already ^.^

Thanks in advance. Wetsuit

gunslingers and snipers arent meant to 'duel'. A sniper/gunslinger is meant to sneak around and find opportunity to take thier big damage dealing shots from a distance.

Except an Operative out damages them, has more armor, more cc, and stealth (so he can get out of combat.)

Heya, I am new to the game. But come from a experience of high rated play from other games, pvp wise.

After queuing for alot of battlegrounds in a 4man set , without a healer. I am mentioning this in advance so people can tell me if it really makes that massive difference.

It seems that "good" Melee have no trouble sitting on me. Yes i understand to do damage as a melee you need to be in "melee range" but when my class/advanced classes damage is based around crouching and taking cover, otherwise labeled as being stationary

I have a flashbang, a kick which stuns. and a ranged root. So lets say that the melee decides to open with a leap whilst im crouched i get off one shot before being forced to root him or stun him to get out of range whilst using instant cast spells. by the time im out of range i activate crouch the root has ended and he is on his way to get back into melee range.

The point im getting at is that my classes burst damage is based around being stationary and that a melees burst damage is based around being in "melee range" in a game which is clearly melee dominant if the person playing has unbinded the s key and is using strafe.

I am in no way calling for buffs or nerfs but i am wondering, why is a gungslingers burst mechanics based around taking cover and crouching?

Any tips or tips for playing a gunslinger vs melee would be highly appreciated, i do not keyboard turn and i have keybinded everything already ^.^

Thanks in advance. Wetsuit

the Cover screen makes you immune to leap...

Anyways, what level are you?

Second, it's a TEAM pvp game, meaning it's not based around you being able to 1 vs 1 someone and stomping them. Your 3 people you are going with should provide CC/assist train etc to support eachother. You getting clobbered by melee is simply a matter of your TEAM not working as a TEAM to protect eachother.

Like someone mentioned, the gunslinger/sniper is a ranged stealther, with out stealth. If you think about it the mechanics work very similarly, a stealthers main burst is from stealth, the GS/S is from crouch. I did not read all the comments so I do not know if you mentioned your lvl or not, I am currently lvl 30 and dirty fighting/lethality. I believe this tree was meant for pvping as it has several cooldown reductions and the highest amount of mobility. Also keep in mind, you dont get your most powerful survival skills till after lvl 30. So far, i have tried all three trees and i have yet to loose against another player of similar lvl as my character, the amount of pure damage that we can put out compared to other classes seems to be very high. The trade off is learning when, where and how to use the cover system. Also, it sounds like you, like me rebound your keys. I do not use take cover ever, it does not work properly for pvp, and I bound Cover to Z for easy access but out of the way of the rest of my skills. I hope this is helpful.