Dark-side choices are frustrating, less fun?

Scarvo

So I have played this Black Death quest two ways, first as a Bounty Hunter (who often chose light-side, unless he had no respect for someone) and then as an Imperial Agent who has made his bed, and intends to make the most of being the James Bond of the Empire.

Light Side options are awesome:

You can convince Black Death that the tribesman are the personal property of the Hutta

, and he is -quaking- in his -boots-.

Dark-side, though, you start off threatening him, and

then take his deal to pay you to look the other way.

Suddenly, he is completely contemptuous. At this point, you're left saying to yourself, "Why did I let him live, again? I want to go back and reverse that decision."

And this is my problem with playing Dark Side in general, at least as an IA - It doesn't generally result in fear or awe from the NPCs so much as disgust, irritation, contempt, etc, at least on Hutta.

The bottom line is, that isn't very fun. It makes me feel like the game or game designers are judging me for making the choice to play dark side.

What do you guys n gals think? Is it different beyond Hutta, is it just an IA thing, or am I just reading too much into it?

Edited by Scarvo
Added Spoiler tags

Actually that's the whole point of the dark side. By chosing a dark side option, most of the times you will live an easy life and take a shortcut, because you just didn't care about the consequences. And that's what's the whole darkside about, a shortcut to power, but that eventually will hit you back like a boomerang.

The dark side is never a reward, it's more like cheating to win and then in the end finding out someone else was waiting for you to stab you in the back so he/she could claim the victory...

I love playing dark side because it's not what I would do in normal life.....Unless i was some sick physcopath murderer....therefore it makes it more fun for me. When I get home from work and I have to hold in all the comments I would say to people but didn't because I needed to be professional and nice, then it's pretty fun for me venting and taking out my frustration on the characters in game. Muahahahaha

I wouldn't exactly call the Emporer's route the 'easy' path to power. While the dark side does seem to ultimately be about wanting power at any cost, I wouldn't say it's about being lazy.

And more to the point, playing a lazy character that gets made fun of for making decisions to be darkside isn't fun to play, regardless of how "canon" that might be.

To put it another way, I can't imagine anyone working their way up through the empire allowing a significantly weaker adversary to live after mocking them.

I wouldn't exactly call the Emporer's route the 'easy' path to power. While the dark side does seem to ultimately be about wanting power at any cost, I wouldn't say it's about being lazy.

And more to the point, playing a lazy character that gets made fun of for making decisions to be darkside isn't fun to play, regardless of how "canon" that might be.

To put it another way, I can't imagine anyone working their way up through the empire allowing a significantly weaker adversary to live after mocking them.

When playing the Inquisitor, you will kill a Darth while you're still a mere apprentice while you truly are a way weaker adversary. You just exploited some weaknesses...

Yeah, isn't shooting him in the face a dark side option, too?

Even if it isn't, this is just one example. So many dark side options are the very satisfying choice of shooting someone in the face while the light-side option is the frustrating choice of letting someone go free who really needs to die, so it balances out.