DPS Gearing for 2018, Patch 5.6

Evolixe

These numbers are the current recommended stats, given separately for PvP and PvE respectively. Additionally due to much of the end game pve content being levelcapped to 70, that changes what sort of gear you want to enter it with. All details down below.

General

Unlike in 5.x we don't really have the luxury of choosing for the 1.3 GCD alacrity threshold anymore since it quite simply costs too much to get there. So the current thresholds are the following:

110% Accuracy = 1590 rating

105% Accuracy = 638 rating

7.15% Alacrity/1.4 GCD = 1213 rating

Uncapped sets use Lethal Superior R5 mods. There are discussions about either R2 or R5 are dominant, information about it is conflicting. Graphs and calculations show that Mastery is slightly ahead of Power in terms of 1 for 1 strength. As such I recommend R5 mods.

You can roll with R2 if you like, the difference is negligible.

306 Deception

PvE uncapped content

• Power/Mastery Relics

• 1x Initiative R18
  • 1x Initiative R19
  • 5x Accuracy Augment

• 1x Nimble R20
  • 1x Nimble R19
  • 4x Alacrity Augment

• Crit for both Implants and Earpiece
  • 3x R18 or R19 Adept
  • 5x Crit Augment
  • Crit Crystals

• Accuracy Stim

• Armor Penetration AMPs

As for the capped content; it changes things because even if you change/drop some items.

You will have the maximum amount of endurance/mastery and power you can get anyway.

A Power relic for example won't help you because while its active it won't actually give you any additional stats due to the cap.

PvE capped content

CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

• xxx

• xxx
  • xxx

• xxx
  • xxx

• xxx
  • xxx

• xxx
  • xxx

In PvP we have no real need for so much Accuracy.

Dropping some allows us to get a little more Power and Mastery instead.

PvP

• FR+SA Relics

• 1x Initiative R5
  • 2x Accuracy Augment

• 1x Nimble R19
  • 1x Nimble R20
  • 4x Alacrity Augment

• Crit Implants and Earpiece
  • 4x Adept R18/R19
  • 3x Crit Augment

• 7x Mastery Augment
  • Mastery Crystals
  • Mastery Stim

• Weapon Expertise AMPs

Summing it down

• Stats are listed by order of importance. However as explained in lower gear levels Alacrity isn't as big of a deal. Accuracy is, though.
  • The reason there is a difference in AMPs between PvP and PvE has everything to do with player armor values and the origins of our peak damage.
  • You could opt to stack a little more Crit for the PvP build by using Crit Crystals/more Crit augments.
  • Accuracy and Alacrity are here to stay.
    You should get at least some Accuracy and what I give you here is what I recommend.
  • Don't deviate from the Alacrity numbers unless you have a good reason to (Bad ping, not filling GCDs etc) The reason for this is that the amount of Alacrity I guide you to puts you past the threshold for a lower GCD. Getting any more or less will just hurt you. It either doesn't affect the GCD or it affects it in a negative way.

If you have any further questions I would like to redirect you to the Discord Server in my signature. There are currently 280 Assassins and Shadows over there which will gladly help you on your way.

Edited by Evolixe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was this theorycrafted, if you don't mind me asking? I'm not saying it's wrong, but you can go down to 756 accuracy by swapping the accuracy stim for a mastery one and a crit enhancement for an accuracy one. Is 330 crit more valuable than 240 mastery and 99 power?

I'm just curious about this particular point, since it seems like 9 wasted stat points outside of PvP.

Edited by Greezt

How was this theorycrafted, if you don't mind me asking? I'm not saying it's wrong, but you can go down to 756 accuracy by swapping the accuracy stim for a mastery one and a crit enhancement for an accuracy one. Is 330 crit more valuable than 240 mastery and 99 power?

I'm just curious about this particular point, since it seems like 9 wasted stat points outside of PvP.

Like I said, you want to avoid Mastery and Power as much as possible.

You already get several thousand of both stats on gear where you can't avoid it.

And on top of that every point of mastery or Power makes the next point of Crit and Alacrity more valuable.

Even to the point it becomes more valuable than Mastery/Power itself.

Edited by Evolixe

I know the higher alacrity build is obviously the better build..but how is it compared to the low alacrity build? Im guessing like 600-1000 dps loss? Can anyone confirm?

You're handing in 7.7% speed and you gain some stats.

Your milage may* vary based upon your own perfomance and internet connection.

But the difference would be around 5 to 7%.

*Absolutely WILL.

that alot crit to lose, not say it wrong or righti still think this all come do to preference,

There is nothing preference about this.

You only need 40% Crit which you go well beyond with every gearing system I presented. Alacrity is better than Crit.

There is nothing preference about this.

You only need 40% Crit which you go well beyond with every gearing system I presented. Alacrity is better than Crit.

preference is exactly what it preference is "how said person want there character to play."

Like i said i not say it right or wrong it still come do to preference on how one likes there toon to play

just cause it dont fall in line with what ever else says it should be dont make personal preference anymore wrong or right

Edited by Kyuuu

Alright let me put it as straight as it comes;

Going with any other stats balance than the "High Alacrity" one that I showcased WILL negatively impact your dps. There is no discussion there, it is a fact.

Now, if you suffer from some latency or jitter issues then going with another balance MIGHT work better for you.

However that doesn't change it being factually inferior.

I created this table for myself - maybe it helps other players, too.

Gear Table (Alacrity)

The one thing u might want to consider in your calculations is the lightning sorcs also get a 20% alac buff from polarity shift. So they wud want to run a but more alac to get the benefit of a 1.1 gcd window. 1246 i believe is the stat number.

The other big thing with the high alacrity is it is better assuming good uptime. There r some fights wherr the dps check is easier with the high crit build. This is only true with the fights that hav very short burst windows that r the only part if the fight that matter (calphy nim orbs for example)

A higher crit build only does more damage if said enemy lives long enough to outlive the Alacrity builds burst.

Besides the fact that you really don't need to swap your gear out for such tiny details (Alacrity builds are perfectly capable of clearing all content) it's suboptimal for every other portion of the fight.

Nah, I do not recommend going to that level of cheesy tactics.

Alright let me put it as straight as it comes;

Going with any other stats balance than the "High Alacrity" one that I showcased WILL negatively impact your dps. There is no discussion there, it is a fact.

Now, if you suffer from some latency or jitter issues then going with another balance MIGHT work better for you.

However that doesn't change it being factually inferior.

you still miss the point of personal perfernce. to me rather moot i tried high alacrity and high crit build i lose dps going with high alacrity and lose it will to much crit, there for settled from something in between.

Ideal stats are only idea if everything else that is need for it to be idea falls in line to be, which does not happen.

Edited by Kyuuu

The one thing u might want to consider in your calculations is the lightning sorcs also get a 20% alac buff from polarity shift. So they wud want to run a but more alac to get the benefit of a 1.1 gcd window. 1246 i believe is the stat number.

(...)

I'm going to highlight the values for polarity shift, too.

No point in building for alacrity if you are not an advanced player of if you have connectivity issues, server lag, high ping, et cetera.

I'd say so by order of priority:

\if you are DPs accuracy is the main priority for PvE, its 110%. IDK why people advise using accuracy Stim. Stims last for a very long time and the high-end ones are expensive to buy or craft. You run a mastery/power stim always, then you look at accuracy. No point in putting augments that you gonna have to change out soon. Apply your augments based on lvl 248 gearing, regardless of where you are in the gearing process. Below 248, you main priority is accuracy, the rest is whatever you have until you can min-max for optimal gearing and DPS.

It's not different than someone trying to have an optimal rotation at level 10