Broken Slicing and Salvage Nodes

Gileam

This seems the best place to put this out into the open.

The nodes that you can slice and Salvage on Droomand Kass are not working. Is this happening with everyone? The Gemstone deposits work but when i try to slice or salvage. The mouse never changes the icon and its hit and miss even though i see them on the screen.

I was wondering if this is a known issue or Am I just special?

I have seen some of these on several planets. I've been /bug'ing them with the coordinates when I find one. Hope they get these fixed. It's very annoying to find something on the map and then not be able to click on it to gather it.

I have noticed quite a few non-harvestable nodes, they are of a kind I can harvest, they show up on the mini-map as nodes that I can harvest.

But you cannot harvest them

I have seen them on many planets, and put in a bug report.

Not sure If I should bug each and every one of them ( with location ) or is this a known issue?

I know that they do not always disappear right away like they should once they are harvested. I also think that there are some that just do not work. It doesn't hurt to report the coordinates of them when you run into nodes that show up but you cant intereact with.

These are not realy broken what has happened is someone used them and the did not fully loot them. it seems they have a very long depawn time on them.

This. I've seen working nodes "convert" to broken nodes. It might be caused inadvertently by the companion scanning the node and moving away before the autoloot occurs. There's a bit of a delay there, especially if the companion started scanning too far away from the node, finished the timer, then ran closer and started scanning again.

I'm not sure that "very long" describes it - I was parked in a cantina on Coruscant Thursday (running crew skill missions) while working, and popped out every half hour to loot nearby nodes. When a couple bugged, they stayed bugged for at least four hours. For all I know, they stayed bugged until the servers went down for maintenance Friday.

It's possible that nodes, once unlocked, don't actually despawn. If that's the case, it needs to be corrected. If the timer is just ridiculously long, it needs to be shortened.

Ok it is reassuring to see its not just me having this issue.

So being in a community filled with concerned players.

Lets start mapping them and hopefully get this issue resolved before the first patch.

Otherwise what is the use of taking Skills if we can not get the materials when we need them without using the GTN.

On Coruscant I'm now coming across at least 75% of the slicing/archaeology nodes being broken.

Yes, you'll run across places where there are a lot of broken nodes, other places with barely any broken nodes.

Personally, I'm going with the theory that there's some way that a player can interact with the node that causes it to break (partial looting, full inventory, oddness with the companion's looting).

Yes, you'll run across places where there are a lot of broken nodes, other places with barely any broken nodes.

Personally, I'm going with the theory that there's some way that a player can interact with the node that causes it to break (partial looting, full inventory, oddness with the companion's looting).

I've also wondered if somehow double-looting causes it - i.e. you click on it and your companion starts looting, you don't notice and do it yourself. I tend to do that by accident occasionally, as earlier in the beta looting it yourself was the default on right-click, and I've noticed a node that I harvested then came back around to was glitched the next time I saw it (less than 10 minutes later).

it likely has to do with someone looting the spot w/ a full inventory and then leaving the item in the slice/scav/etc. spot after opening it. the reason some people have 75% broken nodes is because some idiot w/ a full inv tried looting everything and left