Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

stockmks

So you want a selection of 500,000 different things to choose from.

It don't work that way.

As I've said before, clue us in. What award would have ensured no one would be complaining just has hard or harder? Y'all keep saying or implying "500 CC ain't good enough." So tell us, what is good enough?

Already answered. They should shut the f...ront door and give us more 2.3's and RotHC's. More flash points. More ops. More war zones. More quests. More daily areas.

Less talking. Less "gifts". More content.

Edited by DarthTHC

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already answered. They should shut the f...ront door and give us more 2.3's and RotHC's. More flash points. More ops. More war zones. More quests. More daily areas.

More adventuring content is not for subscribers only, so no, that does not even come remotely close to answering the question.

Edited by branmakmuffin

And apparently it bears repeating to you, since I've already given you examples of how other providers in this exact same industry do it far better. Let's look at one specifically. I'll use the City of Heroes veteran rewards program, because I'm most familiar with that one. As an 18 month subscriber (which you would be in this game), here's what I would have received:

Vet rewards are en entirely different subject IMO. And with that, I do fully agree that it is a pity that we are missing them.

More adventuring content is not for subscribers only, so no, that does not even come remotely close to answering the question.

Subscribers subscribe for adventuring content. It doesn't matter if it can be used (sort of, partially, once in a while) by f2p layers. That's why subscribers subscribe.

Unless you think subscribers pay $15 per month for about $4.80 worth of cartel coins?

That is not subscriber appreciation, that is what we are paying them for. "Hey guys to show how much we appreciate you as customers we are going to do what you are paying us to do" does not compute.

I firmly believe they are trying their best with what they have. If I did not believe that, I would unsubscribe.

Now if you want to argue that their best isn't good enough and/or who's fault that is, that is a completely different discussion.

That is not subscriber appreciation, that is what we are paying them for. "Hey guys to show how much we appreciate you as customers we are going to do what you are paying us to do" does not compute.

I firmly believe they are trying their best with what they have. If I did not believe that, I would unsubscribe.

Now if you want to argue that their best isn't good enough and/or who's fault that is, that is a completely different discussion.

It computes perfectly for me.

It's way better than what they did, which is "Hey guys to show you how much we appreciate you as customers we're going to give you something completely unrelated to why you pay us."

I can't for a second believe that a "gift" that requires zero thought and minimal effort (cartel coins) is anywhere approaching the best they can do. It's far closer to the weakest than it is the best.

It computes perfectly for me.

No it doesn't, because you aren't arguing that you don't feel valued, you are making the argument that you don't feel you get your money's worth. It is a valid opinion, but it doesn't really belong in a discussion about subscriber appreciation events.

Edited by Icebergy

No it doesn't, because you aren't arguing that you don't feel valued, you are making the argument that you don't feel you get your money's worth. It is a valid opinion, but it doesn't really belong in a discussion about subscriber appreciation events.

I never argued that I don't get my money's worth.

I argued that an extra pile of cartel coins don't make me feel valued, but that more stuff aligned with why I and everyone else subscribes would make me feel valued.

How can you not understand that from my posts?

Edited by DarthTHC

I never argued that I don't get my money's worth.

I argued that an extra pile of cartel coins don't make me feel valued, but that more stuff aligned with why I and everyone else subscribes would make me feel valued.

How can you not understand that from my posts?

I feel valued as a customer already. You not feeling valued is your problem to solve, not Biowares.

I feel valued as a customer already. You not feeling valued is your problem to solve, not Biowares.

I never said I didn't feel like a valued customer.

What I said was that a gift that BWEA said was designed to make me feel valued did not, in fact, make me feel valued. Didn't even come close. Actually made me ridicule them for lack of critical thought and effort.

Edited by DarthTHC

I never said I didn't feel like a valued customer.

What I said was that a gift that BWEA said was designed to make me feel valued did not, in fact, make me feel valued. Didn't even come close. Actually made me ridicule them for lack of critical thought and effort.

And all that is your issue, not Biowares. You feel that way, that is something you will have to come to grips with.

And all that is your issue, not Biowares. You feel that way, that is something you will have to come to grips with.

No, really, it's their issue. They are the ones that set the expectation that the gift would make me feel appreciated.

They could have said nothing and given nothing and nothing would have happened.

They could have said something "lighter" than the hype they touted ("We'll give you a a token of appreciation...") and given cartel coins and they would have met the expectation that they set.

You might notice they've been incredibly silent about the end-of-July subscriber appreciation gift since receiving feedback on the beginning-of-July gift. That seems to be the topic of this thread.

Could it be that they've learned the lesson that setting the expectation that a gift is going to make subscribers feel appreciated, then coming through with a gift that requires zero thought and minimal effort while at the same time being at best tangentially related to subscribers' reason for subscribing is a very bad idea?

The things that make you go, "Hmm...." :cool:

I can't say I feel appreciated, and I don't really care to be appreciated. All I really want to the ability to get cool looking stuff from in game activities that look just as good as the CC bought stuff.

I'd appreciate more stuff that REQUIRES in game activities and couldn't be purchased. Not as a status symbol, but just as a nod to the fact that there exists players who feel earning something through actions is better than buying them with cash.

If as much effort (as well as variety) were put into in game earned items as is put into CM items I'm pretty sure most subscribers would appreciate the heck out of that.

No, really, it's their issue. They are the ones that set the expectation that the gift would make me feel appreciated.

They could have said nothing and given nothing and nothing would have happened.

They could have said something "lighter" than the hype they touted ("We'll give you a a token of appreciation...") and given cartel coins and they would have met the expectation that they set.

You might notice they've been incredibly silent about the end-of-July subscriber appreciation gift since receiving feedback on the beginning-of-July gift. That seems to be the topic of this thread.

Could it be that they've learned the lesson that setting the expectation that a gift is going to make subscribers feel appreciated, then coming through with a gift that requires zero thought and minimal effort while at the same time being at best tangentially related to subscribers' reason for subscribing is a very bad idea?

The things that make you go, "Hmm...." :cool:

They don't make me go Hmmm, cause it's just a video game.

They don't make me go Hmmm, cause it's just a video game.

So you're willing to overlook shoddy practice because it's a video game (that we all pay monthly for btw), but when someone isn't it bothers you enough to call them out on the forums? Huh. . .

Edited by Inflicktion

Appreciated is a relative term. I feel appreciated just because I am able to play the full content of the game. Everything else "gifts, tokens of thanks" what ever are just gravy on the potato's on the plate.

I don't feel appreciated because I am able to play the full content of the game. I Just feel like I'm getting what I pay for.

Just like when I go to a restaurant, I don't feel appreciated because I get to eat food that I pay for.

I don't feel appreciated when I turn on the lights in my kitchen; that light uses electricity that I pay the power company to provide.

I also don't feel appreciated by General Motors because I get to drive a Saturn Sky Redline (a very fun car, BTW) that I... wait for it... paid for.

That's just the relationship of consumer to service or goods provider. We consumers shouldn't feel that companies appreciate us just because they provide what we pay them to provide.

And that's fine. It's great, actually! As long as we feel we get what we paid for, everything's good in the consumer-provider relationship!

Now when a service or goods providers go out of their way to set an expectation that they're going to do something extra for us that will make us feel appreciated, then things become interesting.

If they actually follow through with something that takes some thought, maybe a bit of effort, and hopefully relates to why we pay them in the first place, that we consumers should feel that companies appreciate us.

If they follow through with something that really takes no thought or effort or, worse, is a thinly veiled attempt to get us to pay them even more money (coupons, "points"), well, hopefully smart consumers see that for what it is.

Back to one of my examples, if the restaurant were to offer me a free appetizer or dessert, yep, then I'd feel appreciated. Absolutely! OTOH, if it offered me a couple free napkins because the burger or ribs I ordered were very messy (the best way for them to be, of course) that wouldn't make me feel particularly appreciated. Especially if right before the server brought those napkins, she said, "I'll be right back with a gift that will make you feel appreciated!"

Edited by DarthTHC

So you're willing to overlook shoddy practice because it's a video game (that we all pay monthly for btw), but when someone isn't it bothers you enough to call them out on the forums? Huh. . .

I'm saying it's a video game, not the end of the world. Dragging this on and on and on like a child is irrational. A rational, logical thinking person would go 'Yup, lousy cartel coins.', and then move on with life.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Hey folks,

It was our plan originally to have a second subscriber appreciation occur at the end of the month along with our Cartel Coin grant you received in the beginning. Unfortunately we hit some tech hurdles and that is no longer the case. As always, we are going to continue to look for ways to show appreciation to you guys and ensure there is strong value in your subscription!

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

The good news is that they had planned something better than Cartel Coins again.

Bad news is they failed hard and couldn't even do the CC again.

Fail

The good news is that they had planned something better than Cartel Coins again.

Bad news is they failed hard and couldn't even do the CC again.

Fail

And if they just threw us another package of Coins, people would still complain. Seriously, BW cannot win with some people here

And if they just threw us another package of Coins, people would still complain. Seriously, BW cannot win with some people here

It's sad but true.

Heck I'd either take 100k Cartel Coins or they pay off my Escalade, BioWares choice ;)

I'll gladly give up a "free" 500 CC's for the pure comedy that is their customer relations.

It's seriously hilarious how detached from the playerbase they are. You couldn't pay people to make up stuff this funny.