Which species, gender, class, and alignment for each story best represent the lore?

ReikoSano

I like playing chiss because they are the smartest near-humans to my knowledge. But I feel like it only works for the bounty hunter and maybe the agent(they both seem like they were born outside chiss space it feels like).. But I think human supremacist male agent fits best.

I'm surprised they even let you play Sith Inquisitor as a pureblood at launch(don't know if they still do without paying). Why would a pureblood be a slave?

Obviously only Jedi should be Miraluka. Jedi can be anything, the majority of the Jedi Council is alien in the films.. I think some species have more of a reputation for potency in the force in the lore though.

I like playing chiss because they are the smartest near-humans to my knowledge. But I feel like it only works for the bounty hunter and maybe the agent(they both seem like they were born outside chiss space it feels like).. But I think human supremacist male agent fits best.

I'm surprised they even let you play Sith Inquisitor as a pureblood at launch(don't know if they still do without paying). Why would a pureblood be a slave?

Obviously only Jedi should be Miraluka. Jedi can be anything, the majority of the Jedi Council is alien in the films.. I think some species have more of a reputation for potency in the force in the lore though.

It's a role playing game, there isn't a definitive answer to your question. All class, alignment and race combos can be found in Star wars lore, even Jedi Chiss and Sith Miraluka that I thought were some of the more radical combinations that I've done.

Maybe you could argue that a Miraluka with a blaster weapon is a bit weird, but I honestly don't know enought about their "force sight" to really comment if they make worse sharpshooters in lore.

Dunno about Lore , but I know some specie ( a few) have some dialogues were others don't .

Sith Warrior get some dialogues if they are Pure Blood .

Chiss Agent get dialogue too .

Cathar get one lousy Line with Jorgan as a trooper .

Smuggler Twilek get one line with some npc on Ord Mantel .

A Miraluka JK can pick a line in the end of the story to make her feel Miraluka .

Personally, don't care for lore or the movies since this game doesn't seem to have tie with them .

It mostly depends on what we like for the different classes.

About IA, my personnal favourite is a female Chiss, as i like playing a female IA more than a male, and Chiss IA have dialogues that are for Chiss only.

My personnal take on SI is that considering :

- Kallig is never refered as alien unless the SI is an alien as well, i'd say Kallig's supposed to be the same species as the SI

- The size and shape of Kallig's mask, and if Kallig is the same species as the SI, then, every species with horns, montral or lekku is out.

- With the exception of Marr, the whole Dark Council is against Karrid becoming one of them because she's an alien and Annihilation clearly takes place after Ilum, so after the SI became a member of the Dark Council, which would suggest that the SI is either human or pureblood.

- I don't know how she calls Ffon in english but in french Zash refers to him as "the red one", which would suggest that he's the only one with red skin

Then, the SI is most probably human, even though i like mine more as a pureblood (well he's more orange than red anyways, so that could still fit with what Zash said).

But as to why a pureblood would be a slave, i see 2 options :

- the SI comes from a pureblood family who fell in disgrace and ended up as slaves (which seems to be what happened to Kallig's familly after he was betrayed by Tulak Hord)

- The SI is the bastard child of a pureblood noble or Sithlord and a human slave but inherited mostly pureblood traits and was raised as a slave regardless.

It's said on Korriban that the SW comes from a well known imperial familly so to me they're either human or pureblood.

I'd say that the other classes could be anything though. Except probably Cathar for a soldier as there are some oddities while playing a Cathar trooper during dialogues, especially if you romance Jorgan and he acts like he has to explain everything to you about the Cathars even though you're one as well.

But, anyone is free to HC whatever they want for their characters anyways, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

Edited by Goreshaga

Jedi Knight - Human male, Light Side

Sith Warrior - Pureblood male, Dark Side

Jedi Consular - Miraluka female, Light Side

Sith Inquisitor - Twi’lek female, Dark Side

Trooper - Human female, Neutral, leaning Light Side

Bounty Hunter - Human male, Neutral, leaning Dark Side

Smuggler - Human male, Neutral, leaning Light Side

Imperial Agent - ???? either Dark Side male human or Light Side female Chiss

It’s hard to choose for the Agent, honestly, because there is a ton of recognition for it if you play as a human or Chiss, so it’s definitely one of those. Like, as a human, you get to have sex with more Imperial humans and you get to be super racist, but as a Chiss, you get entirely different lines of dialogue in some encounters. It’s also obvious that the “main” romantic interest for male Agents is Kaliyo, and you GOTTA be Dark Side to love that chic, so I’m kind of leaning in the direction that the “canon” Agent is supposed to be a male, Dark Side human, but then again, I personally feel more “right” as a female, Light Side Chiss Agent that keeps the Black Codex at the end, and hates the Sith.

Also, as for the Trooper, you can tell BioWare is biased to Jennifer Hale hardcore. So much so that they gave Aric Jorgan one of the longest, if not the longest, companion stories in the game. They even gave him one of the best chapters in KOTFE, Disavowed. The dude is meant to be your XO, and your LI, there’s no question about it. He’s written in such a way that, in my opinion, he seems like the Trooper’s “main” companion, much like Kaliyo to the Agent, Kira to the Knight, Mako to the Hunter, and Risha to the Smuggler.

But other than that whole spiel, I’m rolling a male, Nautolan Jedi Knight and calling him the canon version of the character in my head, ha.

Edited by Joluka

But as to why a pureblood would be a slave, i see 2 options :

- the SI comes from a pureblood family who fell in disgrace and ended up as slaves (which seems to be what happened to Kallig's familly after he was betrayed by Tulak Hord)

- The SI is the bastard child of a pureblood noble or Sithlord and a human slave but inherited mostly pureblood traits and was raised as a slave regardless.

If you make a pureblood inquisitor and log out then back in before talking to Harkon, the screen says you were part of some other lords powerbase and when he tries some shady **** you get made a slave.

If you make a pureblood inquisitor and log out then back in before talking to Harkon, the screen says you were part of some other lords powerbase and when he tries some shady **** you get made a slave.

Oh, interesting, i've never read that, i should try next time I create a new pureblood SI.

Oh, interesting, i've never read that, i should try next time I create a new pureblood SI.

ye, it's pretty sneaky, but its actually been explained from the get. I'm more surprised they never corrected the record considering all the speculation pureblood SI's have gotten since the game was released.

In my totally biased way, I support female Twi'lek LS SI and don't care about the rest all that much. Kallig's mask, I explain with the idea that his lekku were cut off at some point.

I prefer hand waiving it away as game client limitations (when you wear the mask, the lekku disappear too)

Or in universe, it can be simply explained that Kallig was human/near-human whose descendants inter-married with Twi'leks such that the current generation has no human specific features left. Lots can happen in 1000 years

Twi'lek were one of the original options for SI and they have at least 2 specific mentions off the top of my head (the Sith Lord you get the mask from scoffs at a Twi'lek coming from an ancient Sith line, and Telos Drellik when he says "I've been identifying alien tracks since I could tell a Twi'lek from a Tukata" he adds "no offense" if you are a twi'lek) so they very clearly were an intended to be a viable option.

and Telos Drellik when he says "I've been identifying alien tracks since I could tell a Twi'lek from a Tukata" he adds "no offense" if you are a twi'lek)

I'm pretty sure (it's been a while so not 100% sure, but about 90% sure) i got the exact same dialogue with my Chiss SI, so that line would not be exclusive to Twi'lek and be for any non human, non pureblood SI.

For the Republic, just about any Race/Class makes sense due to the Republic's openness towards aliens. (Although Chiss and Sith Purebloods don't make much sense due to their Imperial affiliations. Though a Chiss Smuggler is plausible. Also, Miraluka make more sense as force-wielding classes.)

For the Empire, things get a bit trickier.

The SIth Warrior story makes basically no sense if you play as anything other than a human or Sith Pureblood. You're supposed to be a scion for a prominent Sith family, and Tremel favors you over Vemrin because of your bloodline. If you're an alien, this story is nonsensical.

The Sith Inquisitor, on the other hand, is a former slave, so any race aside from Sith Pureblood or Chiss makes sense. (The disgraced families thing makes a Pureblood inquisitor plausible, but it still is more sensible to be something else. The Chiss make zero sense because I don't see the Ascendancy tolerating the Empire enslaving its members.)

The Bounty Hunter is an independent mercenary. Basically anything aside from, again, Sith Pureblood makes sense.

The Imperial Agent is probably the most open of the Imperial Classes. The Empire might not be fond of aliens, but there have always been exceptions, particularly with the very pragmatic minds leading Imperial Intelligence. Even Sith Pureblood agents aren't out of the question, since there are indeed some that aren't force sensitive.

Because voices are locked to classes instead of race I find that not all races fit the voice so it ruins the replay value for me because I can't play the race I would actually play in some instances. And since I like different specs of the same class I find I now make one male and one female because I don't want both of my characters to have the same voice, again it ruins the story/replay for me if all my male BH's sound exactly the same.

A lot of the Republic class voices just sound too human to me so can't play anything but Human, Cyborg, Miraluka, or Cathar because of that. Just weird having a male Sith Pureblood, Rattataki, Imperial Zabrak, or Chiss with a human voice imo. For me those four should have accents and that's why I prefer them for Sith Warriors, Inquisitors, and Agents. And that leaves Togruta, Twi'lek, and Mirialan somewhere in between. They can either have human voices or accents to me.

Also, Sith Warrior is more of an elite "I'm better then you" story so anything but a Pureblood makes no sense to me. And Inquisitor is a slave story so you shouldn't have a Pureblood in that but Twi'lek fits nicely. Bounty Hunter I play one of two ways. My male is all about money and killing. My female is about money and trying not to make others stronger as in helping them get ahead but she doesn't kill unless she has to either. And I play Agent two ways also. Male works for the Empire/intelligence first and the Sith second and tried to be sneak/smart. My female works only for the Empire/intelligence, is manipulative and doesn't help the Sith.

Here's how I would do it but don't because of voices not matching and also not liking most species.

Sith Warrior - male - Sith Pureblood - Dark Side

Inquisitor - female - Twi'lek - Dark Side vs Sith and slavers, Light Side for slaves and people in trouble

Bounty Hunter - male - Cyborg - Mostly Dark and whatever gets the fastest creds

Agent - female - Chiss - Manipulates to get what they want but should be needs of the Empire above all else

Jedi Knight - male/female - Miraluka - Light Side

Counselor - female - Togruta - Light Side

Trooper - male - human - Mostly Light and follows orders unless people are in danger

Smuggler - male - just about any race - Whatever gets him ahead though doesn't kill unless he has to

To each their own.

When I created each of my class characters, I tried to adhere to lore that made sense to me but create some diversity.

I think with the Imps the logic for the Warrior-Inquisitor-Agent would keep them confined to Sith, Humans and Cyborgs. But then you have Darth Atroxa so it is hard to say how hard-lined the specism was.

On the pub side I think anything goes. I made my JK a Mirraalian and my JC a human. Smuggler a Twilek and trooper a zabrak.

My bounty hunter was a Chiss. I figured he left the Ascendency for a life of adventure. Adrenalin junky.