You may only have 50 active sales at the Galactic Trade Network!?

Saronia

I want to be able to post all my stuff at once, not have to post half of what I got, wait 2 days and then post the rest!

Why does the GTN limit me on listings?

Ps. 3 gathering professions make your bags full very fast.

(And if this is the wrong forum for this, feel free to move it)

Edited by Saronia

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even close to "dominating" the market and I've already hit the limit.

It's annoying and it needs to go.

I disagree, it would be waaaaay too easy to corner the market if you have an unlimited number of sales.

Plus, like it was said higher, you can make alts and let them post stuff too.

50 is plenty.

I agree, the cap needs to be higher than 50. I try to put up the random greens that drop and any crafting stuff i am making as well. I had no problems hitting the 50 limit.

Selling greens on the GTN makes more credits and gives people a chance to up their companions gear for cheap.

I disagree, it would be waaaaay too easy to corner the market if you have an unlimited number of sales.

Plus, like it was said higher, you can make alts and let them post stuff too.

50 is plenty.

Trust me, with 3 gathering professions 50 is not near enough.

You can corner the market even with 50 if you make enough characters, and monitor the GTN

a lot. So the "corner the market" argument is not justification for the limit, in my opinion.

And you shouldn't have to make multiple characters just to sell stuff.

A cap on active items is ridiculous, and so are some of the suggestions in this thread.

"Just stack it!" does not apply. Nobody wants a stack of 10 shield generators, even if that were a stackable item. Likewise, if you're spending any time in the field, picking up lots of bits and pieces is a pretty easy thing to do. There are only so many companions to outfit or alts to roll before the vendors become your best friends due to a handicapped system.

There are lots of knobs BW could turn to adjust the rate of credit income, and a sales cap should not be one of them.

What do you mean, can only post 50 items per 2 days?!

Or am i misunderstanding here ?

You can only post 50 items on the GTN at any single time.

The maximum time you can post something is for 48 hours, and that's where I got the 2 days thing from.

Bingo. The limit should be 10.

Yeah... that'll mean that there will be almost NOTHING on the GTN.

Edited by Saronia

I'm not even close to "dominating" the market and I've already hit the limit.

It's annoying and it needs to go.

... you won't get close to dominating the market with 50 items... thats the point.

Cash farmers can make tons off of market spamming.

Edited by Murdersauce

hmm ok... Meaning if you do not sell anything or not so much, then you cannot place anything else on the auction...

Dont understand why peeps are talking about "havin the market for themselves" if you post more then 50 items.

I mean, if someone posts more he/she will have probably worked for it..

The obvious answer is serious merchants and pure harvesting professions will have to price to move. No more set it and forget it marketing.

May make for better market, will stink when the bags fill up, but at the end of the day this mercantile effort for virtual credits will still be served if I have to just vendor the stuff.

A cap on active items is ridiculous, and so are some of the suggestions in this thread.

"Just stack it!" does not apply. Nobody wants a stack of 10 shield generators, even if that were a stackable item.

You're also not going to sell 10 shield generators in a day unless you're giving them away.

Many people don't realize that non-stacking uses up your spaces quickly, which is why I recommended it. If it doesn't apply, no biggie.

Likewise, if you can't sell a ton of items on the AH, it's also no biggie to anyone but the power sellers, which are a tiny minority.

How can listing an arbitrary number of items be good for people buying? I don't think it is. I'd prefer to see a limit per account, and only a little bit higher. Otherwise, it's a detriment to the galactic network as far as most players are concerned. As such, despite hitting the limit myself in the past, I don't support raising it much higher, if at all.