Pvp Healing is not fun.

ntheory

It's just not. By the time I have someone targeted, if there is more than 1 person on him/her he dies. I can spam heals, he will still die. I don't want to compare this game to others. It's not necessary to do so. I know however that ppl will say WOW MODEL BLA BLA BLA. Forget it, that's not the point of this thread. The point is pvp healing is almost meaningless. It works out to be a crap version of triage healing because dps classes just do SO much dps.

The amount of CC and DPS that classes do does not balance out the amount of healing throughput a healer can provide.

Healing needs a big time buff in pvp or else everyone might as well just be a dps.

Healing, as you're referring to it, is not spamming heals...

Shield your taregt, stun one of the dpsers on him, throw out a quick or instant heal, knockback the 2 or 3 guys on him, toss a big heal...

Healing is an offensive sport now... It's no longer how much HPS you can output, but rather controlling a situation to make your heals count...

I used to always say, "I don't care what my healing done numbers are at the end of a match, I care about how many total deaths my team racks up..."

Think of yourself now more as a control/support class that CAN heal, rather than a healbot...

You'll have more fun, and realize you're not underpowered...

It's just not. By the time I have someone targeted, if there is more than 1 person on him/her he dies. I can spam heals, he will still die. I don't want to compare this game to others. It's not necessary to do so. I know however that ppl will say WOW MODEL BLA BLA BLA. Forget it, that's not the point of this thread. The point is pvp healing is almost meaningless. It works out to be a crap version of triage healing because dps classes just do SO much dps.

The amount of CC and DPS that classes do does not balance out the amount of healing throughput a healer can provide.

Healing needs a big time buff in pvp or else everyone might as well just be a dps.

:confused:

You except something else? Working as intent bro.

Edited by Felene

:confused:

You except something else? Working as intent bro.

If a couple people can take down someone else who has a dedicated healer, that means they can out dps raid bosses, as healing in raids is a function of healers. This is a problem, because if healers couldn't keep up a tank, no progression would ever get done.

And that's why we now we have the 30% nerf. No one would ever die if they had a pocket healer in pvp.

Edited by Poor_Grammar

Well you are obviously wrong, why else would bioware have a permanent 30% healing reduction debuff in warzones?

Shield your taregt, stun one of the dpsers on him, throw out a quick or instant heal, knockback the 2 or 3 guys on him, toss a big heal...

Healing is an offensive sport now... It's no longer how much HPS you can output, but rather controlling a situation to make your heals count...

I used to always say, "I don't care what my healing done numbers are at the end of a match, I care about how many total deaths my team racks up..."

Think of yourself now more as a control/support class that CAN heal, rather than a healbot...

Hallelujah!

You have to be proactive and a part of the fight.

Edited by Untallow

I agree w/OP healing is no fun at all, pvp in general is boring. There is no point and you either hate getting owned by 50s or as 50 simply are bored of lack of challenge.

I don't know, most of the 50's around here seem to have no problems with wanting to beat up noobs.

Hell, you mention the fact that a level 20 against a 40 is even slightly imba and you have 4 people quoting you telling you how you know nothing.

Funny, plenty of healers out there are doing just fine keeping people up. Maybe you should spend less time complaining, and more time being faster, improving your gear, your level, your strategies/tactics and helping the people around you do what they can to keep themselves alive.

It's easy to read your post and shrug it off as just another below-average player being unable to toe-to-toe with people that know what they're doing.

This, and I would also add healing is also reliant on your target playing intelligently. If he had 3 ranged classes shooting him and 1 melee hitting him, he should be trying to LoS and use the stuns to buy time for the heals. IMHO healing is no longer the brain numbing game it used to be (unless you are a sage/sorc since you are still using the "mana" mechanic). Honestly I like the changes, makes you play smart.

Healing is fun.

If it is not fun for you then, you basically suck at it. (Like not keeping people alive.)

The number 1 issue I have with healing in the Warzones; you get more valor marks for killing someone than you do keeping the person alive who killed someone. It needs to be balanced out. Don't get me wrong, I have a great time healing someone. But I'd like more awards for doing it. (At least even with a person doing the killing.)

I concur with this. Given a 2 on 2 situation (yourself as a healer and a buddy vs. 2 DPS or whatever) and both parties have equal skill, you should be able to win half the time. As a Scoundrel Sawbones, I've got HoTs, Interrupts, Stuns, Escapes, tons of tricks in my aresenal. If 2 people start focusing who you're healing, you have to pull something else out of your bag to help them live. The DPS against you have to do this too, in order for them to survive. I believe it's working as it's intended. I personally enjoy it quite a bit. I feel way more active.

If you're outnumbered, you should be defeated unless you get extremely lucky or are very skilled. But you can give them a helluva time before going down. :p

Healing is fun.

If it is not fun for you then, you basically suck at it. (Like not keeping people alive.)

The number 1 issue I have with healing in the Warzones; you get more valor marks for killing someone than you do keeping the person alive who killed someone. It needs to be balanced out. Don't get me wrong, I have a great time healing someone. But I'd like more awards for doing it. (At least even with a person doing the killing.)

This is absolutely correct.

As a level 50 Sorc healer with 3 pc Cent gear, I can heal for 300K+ easily on VS or Ald. hutball numbers are always less.

However, number of badges dont reflect my performance at all.

Why should a healer try to get a killing blow badge ??? 25 Kills ? And yet each badge gives us more commendations.

Give us triage badges - like badges for healing people who are at less than 10% HP.

I don't know, most of the 50's around here seem to have no problems with wanting to beat up noobs.

Nope, because as noobs-in-RL themselves, they, for once, enjoy the chance to be the bully.

And still they do not see the irony in the turnabout. Silly noobs.

:rolleyes:

Enjoying healing immensely in this game at the moment, I just find it incredibly frustrating that it gets rewarded so much less than everything else when it comes to warzones, do 300-400k healing helping the team achieve objectives and I end up with 3-5 medals compared to my assassin buddies 10 medals, seems pointless to heal if you want to rank up fast.

My beef with healing IS the bloody frames don't update proper They are buggy as hell it shows everyone full health all the time I either have to reloadui every 10 secs just to get updated frames It's retarded.

Some of my team doesn't even show on it at times. What is the command, /refreashui?

Only 1 healer has a shield. None of the others do. Fight against players that don't got downs, and you'll see exactly how bad healing really can be. When at level 50 I crit heal someone for 2200~ and the enemy is critting for 4k-5k regularly it doesn't help anything.

I don't think you should expect healer to turn weak character into superman ... you can however turn strong character into one.