New basic and advanced classes.

Confusionlure

New class and new specs

Intro:

So I have an idea for a new class. Republic would be called Jedi Initiate, and in the Empire called Sith Adept. This would be the basic class, such as the Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior etc. These classes excelled in their training early on, surpassing other base classes. The high-ranked Jedi and Sith were impressed and they were promoted earlier than most young ones…

Advanced Classes (Spec classes):

Republic:

Jedi Shroud and Jedi Paladin

Resource: Essence

Empire:

Sith Mist, and Sith Crusaders

Resource: Corruption

Jedi Shroud mirrors the Sith Mist and the Jedi Paladin the Sith Crusader.

Jedi Shroud/ Sith Mist: These are dps classes, wielding a double bladed light saber and a short single bladed saber. (Electrostaff, vibroknife) They both are experts in up, close and personal melee combat, with a stash of potent force abilities.

Resource total: 200

Major Abilities:

Force

Shroud Mind/ Mist Envelope

When this force ability is used, a target gets blinded (Everything blacked out but their quick slots and health, resource pool.) and slowed down by 60% for 4 seconds. This would be a later obtained ability due to the power someone could obtain from such a skill. (Level 50 Skill)

Resource Cost: 50

Cooldown: 1 minute

Stealth:

They also have wonderful stealth that can be used out of combat only. I realize that if this advanced class had stealth like a shadow or assassin it would be way too powerful.

Mind Trick:

When this force ability is used, a target would be temporally petrified into not being able to target any player with attacks as well as small drain their resource for 6 seconds. They would still be able to use any non-offensive abilities.

Resource Cost: 20

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Melee

Circular Strike: This attack hits an enemy 3 times. A left and right double blade attack, followed by a short saber stab to the chest. Dealing decent damage.

Resource Cost: 30

Still-Frame: This is a very fast attack that you can use in or out of stealth that stuns an enemy from short saber blow to the kidney area for 4 seconds. (Basic Stun)

Resource cost: 20

Cooldown: 40 seconds

This is just a few of ability ideas that I came up for this advanced class.

Jedi Paladin/ Sith Crusader:

This class is primarily a tanking class. Wielding a Vibromace and a Vibroshield. These classes are very efficient tanks. Not only are they hard to kill they have more reflecting abilities, due to lack of attacks.

Resource: 300

Major Abilities:

Defensive Abilities:

Muscle Tension: When this ability is activated, he draws from his essence to make his shields effects spread all around the body. While at the same time hardening you will a blanket of Essence resulting in 6 seconds of 50% to 100% chance(from each attack you receive) to reflect damage on an enemy attacking you.

Resource Cost: 70

Cooldown: 40 Seconds

Embrace: When this ability is activated damage reduction is increased by 30% and it also acts as a “Combat Pull” (Mass Mind Control) that causes all enemies not attacking you to deal 20% less damage to everyone else.

Cooldown: 20 seconds

Purify/ Restore: When this ability the is activated you must be targeting an ally. It will wrap them in Essence, providing a decent overtime heal and purification of all debuffs for 2 seconds.

Resource Cost:100

Cooldown: 45 seconds

Offensive:

Ram of the Force: When the ability is activated, the player uses essence to shift their weight with such swiftness that they propel through enemies with their shield. Resulting in knockback, plus a decent amount of damage.

Resource cost: 75

Gravity Drop: This ability surrounds the players vibromace with a burst of essence that slams into any enemies within 5 meters, dealing moderate damage, while slowing the enemies by 40% after a 4 second stun. (More Flashy Basic stun)

Battle Whisper: This ability calls from deep within the player’s essence to cause all allies (and the player) within 30 meters to do 40% more damage to all enemies (Within the range of the original 30 meters) for 4 seconds.

Resource cost: 80

So these are once again just a few abilities this class could have.

I would really like to see some classes like this on swtor.. Feel free to collaborate with additional new class ideas.

-Orizonta

First, let them balance old classes before bringing in new ones.

Second, this game has enough Force classes. Third, it has enough stealth classes.

Fourth, I would totally reroll all of my Legacy with all unlocks to play a genuine Taras Kasi class.

Edited by Helig

i would like a melee draining class like the dark templar or corruption assassin from aoc.

immune to damage while stunned, but dont wear any armor and so they take overall more damage

when rooted or slowed take 50 percent lower damage

so it is most vulnerable while fighting

abilities:

shadow step charge for gap closing

dealing more damage when lower life like 50 percent more under 30 percent life

sacrisfice skill, dealing 70 percent damage to yourself, making you immune to damage and healing and cc for 5 seconds

heal while doing damage for 10 seconds about 30 percent of damage done

step in, do some damage, sacrisfice, doing more damage, then start healing with damage but reducing your own damage

you got no cc yourself except a root on shadow step and you always shadow step to the back

or some kind of herald of xotli class where you can transform into something like a sith demon.

Edited by ishbindeinvater

Force sensitive classes are awesome :p but they could make better ones. If you have ideas for non-force sensitive classes, share them! Maybe they will one day make one of these random classes/advanced classes. My main purpose of this post was a "Holy **** that would be cool!" moment. I started typing and ideas kept popping in my head. Result of boredom :p

-Orizonta

I like the idea of a Sith Demon. hmmmmmmmmmmm. The republic version could be like a Jedi Druid lol

Stop mutilating the Lore, mmkay? Everything present in SWToR at least has well-known Lore references.

Edited by Helig

Sounds interesting to say the least, i really am looking forward to what they come up with when new classes drop; yes i understand we need a lot of balancing of older classes before; but that still doesnt make me think about ideas. I agree with Helig on the Taras Kasi Class...OMG i've thought this would be awesome from the begging and they could maybe perform all three rolls (with which build on the talent tree they choose). I've also thought of a "squad leader" type class that could be a support that buffs the party (kinda like a bard for you EQ players) and could also have 2 comps at once out when they are solo...just a thought

But im on the same page with the "already to many force users" theirs so much more depth in the Star Wars Universe that id hate to stay focused around the force users...i think 4 classes covers jedis and sith enough tbh...but thats my opinion :rod_grin_g:

New basic classes - Republic Noble & Imperial Patrician

Advanced Classes

Republic - Senator & Ambassador

Imperial - Bureaucrat & Overseer

Primary Stat - Leadership

Senator / Bureaucrat - Survivability Buffer

This AC would be focused on the tank and healer jobs - to keep the group alive. They would buff heals and buff defense (almost like a Bard) while still doing heals themselves. They might be considered a healing class, but when a tank dies they could buff up a dps to be a temporary tank, buffing their aggro too. Possibly nicknaming them "Tankmaker".

Ambassador / Overseer - DPS Buffer

Considered a dps, this AC would be buffing the damage dealt by other dps. They'll be doing dps themselves, but also boosting the dps of the party so the group beats the enrage timer.

The skill trees for each of these would go as follows:

Buff Spec / Unique DPS Spec / Shared DPS Spec

(This is to follow the trend of all the other ACs in the game.)

Their weapons could be anything from pistols to vibroblades.... doesn't matter to me :p

Edited by Hawk_IV

New class and new specs

Intro:

So I have an idea for a new class. Republic would be called Jedi Initiate, and in the Empire called Sith Adept. This would be the basic class, such as the Jedi Consular, Sith Warrior etc. These classes excelled in their training early on, surpassing other base classes. The high-ranked Jedi and Sith were impressed and they were promoted earlier than most young ones…

Advanced Classes (Spec classes):

Republic:

Jedi Shroud and Jedi Paladin

Resource: Essence

Empire:

Sith Mist, and Sith Crusaders

Resource: Corruption

Jedi Shroud mirrors the Sith Mist and the Jedi Paladin the Sith Crusader.

Jedi Shroud/ Sith Mist: These are dps classes, wielding a double bladed light saber and a short single bladed saber. (Electrostaff, vibroknife) They both are experts in up, close and personal melee combat, with a stash of potent force abilities.

Resource total: 200

Major Abilities:

Force

Shroud Mind/ Mist Envelope

When this force ability is used, a target gets blinded (Everything blacked out but their quick slots and health, resource pool.) and slowed down by 60% for 4 seconds. This would be a later obtained ability due to the power someone could obtain from such a skill. (Level 50 Skill)

Resource Cost: 50

Stealth:

They also have wonderful stealth that can be used out of combat only. I realize that if this advanced class had stealth like a shadow or assassin it would be way too powerful.

Mind Trick:

When this force ability is used, a target would be temporally petrified into not being able to target any player with attacks as well as small drain their resource for 6 seconds. They would still be able to use any non-offensive abilities.

Resource Cost: 20

Cooldown: 30 seconds

Melee

Circular Strike: This attack hits an enemy 3 times. A left and right double blade attack, followed by a short saber stab to the chest. Dealing decent damage.

Still-Frame: This is a very fast attack that you can use in or out of stealth that stuns an enemy from short saber blow to the kidney area for 4 seconds. (Basic Stun)

Resource cost: 20

Cooldown: 40 seconds

This is just a few of ability ideas that I came up for this advanced class.

Jedi Paladin/ Sith Crusader:

This class is primarily a tanking class. Wielding a Vibromace and a Vibroshield. These classes are very efficient tanks. Not only are they hard to kill they have more reflecting abilities, due to lack of attacks.

Resource: 300

Major Abilities:

Defensive Abilities:

Muscle Tension: When this ability is activated, he draws from his essence to make his shields effects spread all around the body. While at the same time hardening you will a blanket of Essence resulting in 6 seconds of 50% to 100% chance(from each attack you receive) to reflect damage on an enemy attacking you.

Resource Cost: 70

Cooldown: 40 Seconds

Embrace: When this ability is activated damage reduction is increased by 30% and it also acts as a “Combat Pull” (Mass Mind Control) that causes all enemies not attacking you to deal 20% less damage to everyone else.

Cooldown: 20 seconds

Purify/ Restore: When this ability the is activated you must be targeting an ally. It will wrap them in Essence, providing a decent overtime heal and purification of all debuffs for 2 seconds.

Resource Cost:100

Offensive:

Ram of the Force: When the ability is activated, the player uses essence to shift their weight with such swiftness that they propel through enemies with their shield. Resulting in knockback, plus a decent amount of damage.

Resource cost: 75

Gravity Drop: This ability surrounds the players vibromace with a burst of essence that slams into any enemies within 5 meters, dealing moderate damage, while slowing the enemies by 40% after a 4 second stun. (More Flashy Basic stun)

Battle Whisper: This ability calls from deep within the player’s essence to cause all allies (and the player) within 30 meters to do 40% more damage to all enemies (Within the range of the original 30 meters) for 4 seconds.

Resource cost: 80

So these are once again just a few abilities this class could have.

I would really like to see some classes like this on swtor.. Feel free to collaborate with additional new class ideas.

-Orizonta

Adding new classes would require voiced story from the start again and a lot of cash from BW side.

The only similar idea i can think, is changing the allready "shared trees". like smash tree for mara and jugg.

If you play smash jugg or smash mara, the gameplay is identical. Its like playing the same class...

"Shared trees" shouldnt be exist. Instead they could use some of your ideas to make for example a melee-ranged hybrid spec for some classes, like jugg, sorc.

Sorc new spec would be something like battle mage (more survivability, some melee strikes and some ranged)

And with warrior would be a more "canon" sith, that would be able to use force lighting too.

I posted this last night on another thread but it seems better off here:

im thinking non-force wielding melee class. Starting class something like Brawler w/ advanced classes of Teras Kasi Monk style DPS/Heals options << Light Armor, another advanced class of say Street Fighter DPS/Tank options<<Medium Armor, some good ole hand to hand ******es. Also a medium armor tank would be cool since we don't have one. I'm also not saying street fighter is the best name lol, just couldn't think of anything else. I just remember the Teras Kasi from SWG and that **** was tight.

I really do not see any new classes being added though as it would take a whole new story, and new class / advanced class set, and more balancing. There are quite a few classes and the game is hella fun as is.

Creating a story line for any of these classes would be an easy task. I can do that myself, honestly. Since I play the game I am not even wanting a profit for my ideas. because I get my "profit" from enhanced game play. They will have to make a new basic class at some point to keep up with other MMORPG's. Anyway they should know that there are people with good ideas in which they can benefit from. I still respect everyone's opinion but I have my own as well.

-Orizonta

Creating a story line for any of these classes would be an easy task. I can do that myself, honestly. Since I play the game I am not even wanting a profit for my ideas. because I get my "profit" from enhanced game play. They will have to make a new basic class at some point to keep up with other MMORPG's. Anyway they should know that there are people with good ideas in which they can benefit from. I still respect everyone's opinion but I have my own as well.

-Orizonta

I think when someone said "creating a storyline," what was meant was the whole process, not just the pencil-and-paper novelization of dialogue you seem to be envisioning. You could NOT singlehandedly handle the coding, voicing, questing, etc. This game cost $200 MILLION to make, across nearly a decade and many teams across several continents. They will not be going back to the drawing board.

For boredom lulz, sure - I like your ideas ;) Not trying to say you shouldn't get on the forums (ignore the trolls) and share your brainjuices, just don't say silly things like it would be easy - or even remotely feasible - to actually implement...

I think when someone said "creating a storyline," what was meant was the whole process, not just the pencil-and-paper novelization of dialogue you seem to be envisioning. You could NOT singlehandedly handle the coding, voicing, questing, etc. This game cost $200 MILLION to make, across nearly a decade and many teams across several continents. They will not be going back to the drawing board.

For boredom lulz, sure - I like your ideas ;) Not trying to say you shouldn't get on the forums (ignore the trolls) and share your brainjuices, just don't say silly things like it would be easy - or even remotely feasible - to actually implement...

I'm not saying that the other processes would be easy, but the story creation would be. Yes I agree that it would be a big investment. But I think they should create a new class. I would love to do voice acting for this though lol I would have a load of fun with dark side choices xD