What's the point of Birthright armor?

AveryLuna

You send the Inheritance kit to your alt with some money, and when they get to either Coruscant or Dromund Kaas they buy the gear/weapon.

Sadly I find that by the time I get there, I usually have some moddable armour, making the Inheritance/Birthright stuff a bit pointless, but if you have got moddable stuff, then it should be worthwhile for at least halfway into the next planet.

Sadly I find that by the time I get there, I usually have some moddable armour, making the Inheritance/Birthright stuff a bit pointless, but if you have got moddable stuff, then it should be worthwhile for at least halfway into the next planet.

If you have high level Cybertech and Artifice characters, the Inheritance and Birthright gear is really useless because you can gear your alts in orange with custom mods.

The Inheritance token you get for completing chapter 1 is for a level 14 weapon. Its stats are about on par with a level 17 blue quality moddable weapon (rating 50). So it is pretty good for a few levels. I guess most people burn through those levels in a couple hours though, so you don't miss that much if you don't use it. :p

• 1 month later...

My account is spammed with tokens for this sh...!

Birthright and inheritance. It's everywhere. Even in purple lockboxes and storage boxes with item roll 50 and higher. And it's totaly useless even for my lowlevel alts.

I don't need it, I don't want it!

BioWare stop this crap! Drop this useless crap on planets lower than level 30, but f... off with it on content higher than this!

Edited by discbox

My account is spammed with tokens for this sh...!

Birthright and inheritance. It's everywhere. Even in purple lockboxes and storage boxes with item roll 50 and higher. And it's totaly useless even for my lowlevel alts.

I don't need it, I don't want it!

BioWare stop this crap! Drop this useless crap on planets lower than level 30, but f... off with it on content higher than this!

this. purple drop on makeb, ohh finally something worthwhile... and it's always the same birthright/inheri crap.

It was the first bind to legacy gear in the game and was supposed to be for your alts when they hit a certain level. Though these have become absolete since there's tons of bind to legacy adaptive armour for lvl 10. And the conversion of planetbound planetary commendations to one type of commendations have made it easier to put armorings/mods/enhancements in these pieces of gear. So in other words, inheritance and birthright are a thing of eons past and still here to provide players with an extra look of gear.

It was the first bind to legacy gear in the game and was supposed to be for your alts when they hit a certain level. Though these have become absolete since there's tons of bind to legacy adaptive armour for lvl 10. And the conversion of planetbound planetary commendations to one type of commendations have made it easier to put armorings/mods/enhancements in these pieces of gear. So in other words, inheritance and birthright are a thing of eons past and still here to provide players with an extra look of gear.

and yet they couldn't keep all the other armors they removed from the game. WTH! (just ranting)

Why not make Birthright gear orange modable gear? I mean, this is supposed to be a "legacy" inheritance from character to another. Between PvP and FP's and Heroics, I am usually way overleveled by the time I am finished with DK or Coruscant. Making them orange modable would make it better than using something for an hour and then having it take space in inventory. Edited by OldRepJedi