Best And Worst Class Story?

ToffeeNinja

I actually liked the JC story, it starts off slow. But I really enjoyed the last half, it was quite entertaining. Not the best of the class stories, but still you felt pretty awesome at the end. Also loved the IA and BH stories of course, havent finished them all so dont quite have a least favorite yet, not really digging the SI so *Shrugs*

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-Sith Warrior

2-Imperial Agent

3-Sith Inquisitor

4-Bounty Hunter

1-Jedi Knight

2-Trooper

3-Smuggler

4-Consular

--------------------

1-Sith Warrior

2-Imperial Agent

3-Sith Inquisitor

4-Jedi Knight

5-Trooper

6-Bounty Hunter

7-Smuggler

8-Consular

edit:

I wanted to make a list of pets too but ill just say the worst pet i had to deal with is

--Quyzen Fess--

Worst to equip , worst in story, worst as an overall. OMG i hate him so much <.<

Of course this is all about personnal preference in the end. Consular is soooo sooo boring. I got every class at 30 or + but i havent finished them all, only jugg and merc. Sith warrior is my very best , loved every moment of it. Imperial Agent its like a mystery always. Chapter start a little bit less fun but its still enjoyable. Inquisitor is a damn rise to power from slavery and building your own cult. Jedi Knight is save the world. Trooper is a tad too much about obeying order, could use some freedom of toughts sometime but i still liked it. Bounty Hunter was really boring from 1-10 , really hated it , never got into the big hunt and go and avenge the 2 guys that you never really cared for since you met them for 5 min. Smuggler was fun, light but fun , nothing impressive to say about it but its ok... i like more the style of the class, like a pirate always surviving the odds more then the story itself. Consular is just plain boringness

Edited by Wrathoran

the consular story has been disappointment after disappointment for me. The three acts have aren't in the slightest related to each other.

why the heck was terrak mohage NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN after act 1? You didn't even kill him. I thought that guys story was gonna be expanded upon but it was literally never mentioned again. The rift alliance chapter was beyond terrible and the first son final boss was a massive disappointment, I thought he was gonna be the second to last boss(terrak morhage possibly) but then the story just ended.

the consular story has been disappointment after disappointment for me. The three acts have aren't in the slightest related to each other.

why the heck was terrak mohage NEVER MENTIONED AGAIN after act 1? You didn't even kill him. I thought that guys story was gonna be expanded upon but it was literally never mentioned again. The rift alliance chapter was beyond terrible and the first son final boss was a massive disappointment, I thought he was gonna be the second to last boss(terrak morhage possibly) but then the story just ended.

Wow, that's pretty terrible. Let me just break this down for you so you know how pathetic Consular is stacked to JK. Hopefully i remember all of this.

- Stopped a dark jedi from leading flesh raiders to taking over tython; spared him.

- Killed the son of Darth Angral; Angral being one of the two men responsible for the sacking.

- Gained an apprentice at ~lvl 14.

- Stopped and destroyed 4 super weapons of global killing scale.

- Killed my first son of the emperor, learned my apprentice was also a child of the emperor.

- Watch a planet get razed and was a first responded to save refugees.

- Killed Darth Angral on his own super weapon ship; fight and break my apprentice's link to the emperor.

- Signed on to a Jedi task force to find the emperor's hideout, kidnap him, and turn him LS.

- Obtained the star charts to where he was and stealth tech to find him.

- Lead a task force to take him on; we all fall; i become his apprentice for a few months.

- My now dead master comes back and snaps me out of it; i escape with my crew.

- I gain a new ally, the emperor's wrath.

- We stop 2 plans the emperor had to commit mass genocide to become immortal.

- Lead a task force to Kass city, and fight my way to the dark temple.

- Take on the emperor and defeat him.

- The emperor is voiced by pinhead from hellraiser.

- Get a big A New Hope-esc medal ceremony.

Now, i'm extremely happy with the JK story. I loved it, but i have one incredible problem with it and it's the same for the other classes i imagine.

Bioware f-ed up big when they took out all of those titles. How is it better to have fewer titles that more people are going to have?

Did you read the spoiler section? I had to do ALL OF THAT to become a Jedi..... MASTER. A f-ing master! I was suppose to be Warmaster Andelor, i'm pretty sure. Hell, I was the Supreme Commander of the Corellian forces; where is that title?

Consular's got master in like act 2, so i have to do more then them, and all i get is master?

Hell, because the inquisitor's complained, the Warrior don't get emperor's Wrath!

Im not really playing very long. And i also dont have that much time to play nowadays. So since i like a bit of magic, and i hate carebears. I opted for the sith inquisitor sorc (DS mostly). And so far i have absolutely no regrets. You do a bit off a "errand boy" feeling. But the underdog becomes upperdog makes up for most of it:)

If all the storylines are gonna be epic in their own way. I fear that i will be 100 years or older be4 i get the chance to finish em all off lol:p

This is not necessarily about class story, but I have to say the Trooper has THE WORST AND MOST FRUSTRATING Light/Dark choices. I'm sure it all comes together in the end with a big "aaaah that's why those choices were considered dark/light" moments, but at the moment, it's the stupidest immersion breaking thing when I was leveling my Trooper.

Anakin is what happens when the Jedi refuse to acknowledge human nature. You end with someone who can't control his emotions and turns to the dark side to save a loved one. (Who wouldn't?) This is one of the main reasons I couldn't stand being a Knight or Consular.

The Jedi code is so annoying.

Tell Anakin love is okay. Had he felt comfortable telling Yoda about his dreams he could have explained the meaning to Anakin. Instead he internalized them. It isn't about despair and hate leading to the dark side. It's about being void of the tools to manage it properly and still keep your head.

Thus Darth Vader is born.

This. So very, very much this.

So far, I have 4 characters: a level 29 Sith Inquisitor (Assassin), a level 19 Jedi Knight (Guardian), a level 18 Imperial Agent (Sniper) and a level 3 Bounty Hunter I just made earlier today.

I'm loving the the SI storyline so far; great story plus plenty of opportunities to make people who annoy you scream and cower. This is definitely the class for you if you want to feel like a bad-*** dark lord of the sith. Combat with the SI is I think best summed up with the line Dave Grohl says as Satan in the Tenacious D movie - "Taste my lightning, ****-ers!" Khem Val is also awesome, though he tends to die a lot, at least for me.

IA has been surprisingly interesting and fun so far. Sniping is fun, and I love Kaliyo's personality. She actually reminds me of Jack/Subject Zero from Mass Effect 2, only without the angst and half the psycho. Storyline is interesting and really enjoyable if you love spy thrillers, espionage and intrigue (which I do, immensely).

JK has been enjoyable so far (just got to Taris, so still quite a way to go in the story yet). As others have said, playing light-sided makes it a bit cliched, but I barely even notice because it's still a story I love, and I always enjoy feeling like a bad-*** hero, but also the good guy who takes the moral high road. I feel like playing the opposite plenty of times, too, which is why I have my SI:D

BH I've just barely begun, as I said above, so I can't really comment just yet. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, though, and from what the majority of other posters here have said, it's one of the better storylines with one of the best sets of companions, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in store:)

Just my two cents.

So far I have a Sith Inquisitor 50, Bounty Hunter 50, Imperial Agent 50 and Jedi Consular 48.

The Sith Inquisitor has, by far and away, the worst storyline.

Instead of acting like Palpatine and being the cool manipulative person, you're Laura Croft and spend all your time delving into old tombs. Only, you suck at it, because you manage to walk into every single trap in the tombs. Every. Single. Trap. Your character gets defeated and falls unconcious about a dozen times through out the storyline.

The only reason you don't die is because... I dunno. I guess the bad guys are too lazy to stab you with a lightsaber once you're lying on the floor in front of them unconscious. Which you do. A lot.

The big boss of the storyline, whom you spend all of Act 2 and Act 3 fighting against is completely delusional and has absolutely no purpose for opposing you. Seriously, I'm still trying to figure out why he wants to kill me. His reasoning makes absolutely zero sense. All I can figure out is that he must be on drugs.

He's also a lame villain who runs away over and over and over and over and... well, you get the drift.

I have to say, he is by far and away one of the worst villains I have ever encountered in a video game. Even Bowser in the original Super Mario Bro's was a better written villain. And since the only storyline in both Act 2 and Act 3 is "get stronger so you can beat last boss" having such an incredibly lame last boss just makes the Inquisitor's story go from suck to blow.

Edited by AnubisXy

• 1 month later...

i just finished act1 with SI,and I was so bored and disapointed that I deleted my character.... like someone said earlier I feel like errand boy.the story has a great start when you are slave and you rise to power...but after that everything is just the same... defeat this crazy sith lord,defeat that crazy sith lord,bring me this blah blah....everybody's telling you that darth zash is gonna betray you and stuff like that... simply nothing too interesting.

it was little annoying to play as a sith pureblood slave ?? i mean,i'm a pureblood sith a yet everybody keep reminding me that i'm just a slave.

i'm gonna start again with IA.

By the comments here I would say that IA,JK and SW have great stories and JS NO.... BH has the best companions.... other classes are nothing too good or bad,dependig on what you like

Good* stories:

Warrior

Knight

Agent

Trooper

Okay* stories:

Smuggler

Hunter

Bad* stories:

Inquisitor

Consular

*Disclaimer: This is the opinion of myself and myself only. I have played through Act 1 for all stories, and completely finished the stories of Warrior, Agent, Inquisitor, and nearly finished Hunter. Some input taken from others on the forums has also helped shape this list.

Best: Warrior, hands down. I leveled it like it was crack because I wanted to see what was next.

Worst: Consular. Smuggler is pretty bad too, by the end I felt like

My title for finishing the class question should be SUCKER and it should be tattooed on my forehead. That's all the Smuggler is in the end, an overly trusted sucker who is played/used by everyone but their crew. I is mad bro

I very much liked the SW story, especially the first act. Got a bit meh during the second act but got better with act 3.

Also enjoyed the BH story, since the BH has by far the most entertaining comps. What I don't understand are people that complain about the repetitiveness of BH quests (go to planet, find target, kill target, collect bounty, repeat), since thats kinda all there is to bounty hunting...you get a contract, find your target and deal with it and get your money when you're done. Whoever didn't see that coming must be pretty stupid (no offense intended).

Trooper storyline is okay, nothing special though.

JK story is even more cliched than the other storylines, in addition to being kinda boring with a boring male VA.

And from what I've seen so far from the IA storyline I gotta say it's quite nice.

Edited by Ticara

I have a 31 agent and a 33 bounty hunter.

I rolled an agent because everyone says the story is "awesome". It's not. I guess for an MMO it's okay, but it's seriously forgettable when compared to any other form of storytelling, even other video games. Kaliyo is extremely annoying as well.

My bounty hunter has been slightly better than the agent, but not by much. Again, totally forgettable story / characters. Everything is "I like credits" over and over again. You participate in "The Great Hunt" but you never feel like you are actually hunting anything.

All in all, I think the writing and storytelling in SWTOR is pathetic. The fact that there are so many filler world quests that have absolutely no impact on your story (or anything for that matter) really bogs down the feeling of an epic journey through the Star Wars universe.

Class quests are so few and far between that by the time I get to them I've mostly forgotten what was going on or I just am so fed up with the questing in general that I don't care.

If it weren't for the loading screens summing up my journey thus far, I wouldn't know what was going on at all in my story. I'm very disappointed in the writing in this game, and I don't think I'll be around much longer.

I've played Consular, Trooper and Knight to completion.

Knight had a cookie cutter story, that still managed to maintain a epic feel and be interesting despite. Poor light/dark side decisions that are juvenile at best. Good crew with a collection of interesting characters. Predictable? Yes, a bit at times, but still entertaining enough to encourage you to play through some of the cliches.

Trooper started off great with Act 1, but got really slow in Act 2 and Act 3. Great light/dark side decisions that go beyond just being good and evil and make you sit and think for minutes before a decision, easily the premiere aspect of the story. Being part of the military machine gave the Trooper less of a character and didn't project a feel of connection to the actual story(at least Light side). "It's your job" isn't a dramatic motivation for me honestly. Crew all tend to blend into each other, as they are all generic soldier types with similar personalities who like the same conversation choices, all except Vikk, who was a jerk.

Consular was terrible. Absolutely garbage. Starts off slow, uninteresting and repetitive, get's slower, more repetitive and less interesting all the way to Act 3 when your level 40 when it finally starts to pick up. Individual planet storylines blur together because you are actually do the EXACT SAME THING(literally) you were on the last planet, with probably worse pacing and motivation. I can remember individual planets quests for my Knight and Trooper but I realistically can't for my Consular, and I created and finished her last. Light/Dark decisions are idiotic, basically asking you do you want to murder people you could save with little effort just because you feel like it. Being evil for the sake of being evil shouldn't be the main motivation for the choices this series promotes. The cast of companions was equally bad. The vast majority of them conform to strict stereotypes and possess little to no actual connection to the story(Except Nadia who you get at level 44). Half of them are only there because they are ordered too and the other half have nothing better to do. Both gender's romance options are recruited in the last stretch of the game leaving both to feel clumsy, rushed and gives little time to actually like the companions, which wouldn't really be possible anyway.

I'm eager to start the Smuggler once Legacy comes out so I can realistically prove that BioWare put more care into the Imperial storylines.

TL;DR Knight was good, Trooper was okay, Consular was UNCONDITIONALLY bad.

Edited by SuperSair

My husband played the IA and that storyline was amazing.

I have done Warrior, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler and Consular.

SO far Bounty Hunter and Consular are my least favorite and Warrior was my favorite. Smuggler storyline I am on the border about. I get the strong inkling I would like it more if I played a male Smuggler

The only story that I have played all the way through is the BH story.

Chapter 1 was good, chapter 2 was okay, and chapter 3 was not fun.

I detested it, and only being able to kill that Sith made it at all tolerable.

I wasn't taking jobs and hunting bounties/criminals, I was a virtual slave and the reasons for it being felt like a stretch.

I have not gotten through chapter 2 with any other class, and I am not going to pass judgement upon the total story based upon a single chapter.

Agent is by far the favorite of all that I've played. Second is a tie between warrior and bounty hunter.

There were points in the agent story where I had to stop playing and think about a decision before making it. I felt legitimately deceived when

Darth Jadus turned out to be alive. I honestly felt hatred for the SIS agents, every time they used the keyword I cringed. That was the only reason I worked for intelligence anymore, was to get the revenge that I actually want to have against hunter.

Needless to say, it was awesome.

The Consular is pretty horrendous though.

Just finished all 4 Rebublic stories. Best and worst is subjective. I actually liked 3 of them for different reasons.

1. Jedi Knight - had the most epic and Star Wars feel to it. Obviously fighting the emperor at the end. The story starts slow but gets better.

2. Trooper - the story felt more involved and felt like I was making interesting decisions. You really feel like the leader of your squad. You get to promote someone, you need to assign certain members to do certain things at times. There is even a short part of one quest where you fight along side all of your companions simultaneously.

3. Smuggler - I liked the light-heartedness of it. It has some comical moments and usually some quirky background music is playing. Overall a lame story tho, with very easy boss fights.

4. Jedi Consular - Bore fest. My first 50, should have felt the most epic but the story really sucks except for the final reveal and fight.

Edited by aarka