★ Video of Sentinel Hybrid ★

RakeHoxven

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell do you play with the camera so close in?

I was getting a headache watching so couldn't get to the end sorry.

how far did you get? i made it to about 50 seconds, who is the current recordholder?

The music was what killed me, it had a lot of help by the camera as well though, felt like i was trying to 1v2 two sorcs.

Your damage is so low that it is painful to watch... comparable to the amount of damage my healing sorc puts out and you are not even as remotely useful as a healer.

My guildies groan when they see you in the same wz as them and you are often seen running away from objectives to hide and heal even when bomb is being planted/turret is being capped - the very same behavior that you consistently showed in your video, terrible.

ah well, It's not so bad that posters here think my innovation sucks. really just more the better to be unique.

but let me see...

Your damage is so low that it is painful to watch... comparable to the amount of damage my healing sorc puts out and you are not even as remotely useful as a healer.

My guildies groan when they see you in the same wz as them and you are often seen running away from objectives to hide and heal even when bomb is being planted/turret is being capped - the very same behavior that you consistently showed in your video, terrible.

Light side healers are called sorcs? Also most everyone who plays their class likes it so it's nothing new to think your class and spec is better than everyones. Comparing cross classes takes more understanding since different roles are being compared.

Also... i win about 66% of my WZ's including bad ones I join after they started and the only feedback I have gotten recently is "who is doing the speed?" , " me", "you're my new best friend lol." But in any case if your guildies are "groaning" while winning then it tells me they might be in the losing WZ's. Since my win ratio is good, i'll assume your guildies ratio is bad?

Edited by RakeHoxven

ah well, It's not so bad that posters here think my innovation sucks. really just more the better to be unique.

but let me see...

Light side healers are called sorcs? Also most everyone who plays their class likes it so it's nothing new to think your class and spec is better than everyones. Comparing cross classes takes more understanding since different roles are being compared.

Also... i win about 66% of my WZ's including bad ones I join after they started and the only feedback I have gotten recently is "who is doing the speed?" , " me", "you're my new best friend lol." But in any case if your guildies are "groaning" while winning then it tells me they might be in the losing WZ's. Since my win ratio is good, i'll assume your guildies ratio is bad?

I don't want to get all in your face here, i don't think that it is realy fair to trash peoples vid's unless you show your own first.......

However, i broke out the Anadin and Raybans and watched the vid again.

Your gameplay is terrible, it isn't the build or even the damage so much as your mentality.

You run away from an objective twice in the vid to heal up while there was a dude capping it. This shows your PvP mentality to severely lacking. It is your responsibility to DOT that MoTFo up before you die so it buys your team time.

Hiding round the corner healing helps nobody, you dont die irl.

Second is your target choices, you ran right past healers to attack the guy they where healing lol....

Anyway, all props for having the balls to post it.

Take what you will from my thoughts, i haven't posted a vid so who am i to talk :D

Someone forgot about patch 1.1.5 ;)

True :/

However... if DOT's aint gonna do the trick then he could have tagged the guy and Force camo, then hit CD's and jump in.

The last thing on my mind if i see i guy Caping is to go heal up lol, i wouldn't ever even think of it.

True :/

However... if DOT's aint gonna do the trick then he could have tagged the guy and Force camo, then hit CD's and jump in.

The last thing on my mind if i see i guy Caping is to go heal up lol, i wouldn't ever even think of it.

as true as this might be for pure DPS specs, it is less applicable to a hybrid. If you'll notice the survival rate is about 5% out of everyone I targetted in the vid posted. If you'll get damage out of your minds you might see that this hybrid plays a different role than DPS. And it serves no purpose to die at mid trying to get weaker dots than watchman on a single target. This build has things that Watchman do not have to compensate for reduced DPS. That is 10 second less cooldown on force stasus as well as it being uninteruptable by pushbacks, 2 leap abilities vs 1 with no range restrictions, main damage dealer skill costs 1 focus thereby almost never having to use STRIKE but using Slash instead which does 3x the damage + increased crits.

The role of this hybrid goes something like this... immobalize a player for 3 seconds with leap, get master strikeoff before they can move, pop force stasus and they are going nowhere for 3 seconds, singularity and 1 focus sweep that can be a 3k hit (in half cent/champ gear). What is remaining? a full bar of focus... and that after popping 4 skills.

the role played? immobalized target for most of time. Also significant damage to target from mid level skills that add up because they cost no focus, immbalize target, work well together.

This is not a typical jump into the frey slashing this way and that and get thrills off of damage numbers, it's a build for people that are willing to sacrifice damage numbers for smaller damage numbers but more consistency and more useful base skills.

and dots do not interrupt capping since 1.5

Edited by RakeHoxven

No I meant what I said, I play both a 50 sorc and a 50 sentinel.

The main strengths of a sentinel is our strong dps coupled with the versatility of our group buffs.

Our group buffs are meant to be used in a calculated manner at the right place and right time, in huttball where transcendence shines the most, a watchman speed build can aid in using dps in holding the ball spawn, killing enemy ball carriers/supporters and using back to back transcendence to score quick counter goals. In civil war or voidstar, a single transcendence is useful when your team is caught off guard at the wrong side. Once at the objective you will still need effective dps in order to hold/capture an objective.

You have sacrificed too much dps in order to create an inflexible build which does nothing but mindlessly spams 80% speed transcendence without contributing anything else for your team.

In your video you had one of the better healers on the republic side (Masantrin) healing you, I constantly see enemy dpsers putting on strong pressure on him and what were you doing? Running off to hide and introspect the moment your health got low. Hint: you stopped receiving heals because your healer is getting killed by enemy dps, a role that you aren't fulfilling.

Multiple people have pointed out the flaws in your build and playstyle, if you think that everything is fine and dandy, you can keep your head up in the clouds or buried in the sand for all I care. In a months time rated warzones will be out and it will be interesting to see what your rating will be.

Edit: You have NO damage, stop saying that you have consistent or even significant damage, you even have a bloody video showing people how much damage you are dealing and you are still spilling out your hyperbole.

Edited by lxyao

Couple of things.

1. Very little Dubstep is actually any good, and people need to wake up to that.

2. You emphasize transcendence FAR too much. It's REALLY not some god mode ability that wins all fights and makes girls devote themselves to you body and soul, and then body again. It's a situational ability that has to take a back seat to our main role: Killing the **** out of ****.

We aren't designed to be able to hybrid spec like sorcs/sages and still fully compete, with heals/CC/shields/damage to back it all up. We have damage flavor A and damage flavor B, DoTs or burst, and a few situational tools that, while not bad, aren't on the same level as a sorc/sage.

Good music, bad pvp.

You sacrifice too much damage for Trans being up like 80% of the time. Then you dont even use trans to your advantage and u just stand on your target.

Sorry man but bad build is bad

I've been tyring to tell him this!

I've seen you leave 5/5 warzones i've been in with you at the start and 2/2 of the warzones i've seen you get into after people leave... Seriously you posted a thread about killing 52 people and doing an average of 3500 damage to each of them... You can do MUCH better

No I meant what I said, I play both a 50 sorc and a 50 sentinel.

The main strengths of a sentinel is our strong dps coupled with the versatility of our group buffs.

Our group buffs are meant to be used in a calculated manner at the right place and right time, in huttball where transcendence shines the most, a watchman speed build can aid in using dps in holding the ball spawn, killing enemy ball carriers/supporters and using back to back transcendence to score quick counter goals. In civil war or voidstar, a single transcendence is useful when your team is caught off guard at the wrong side. Once at the objective you will still need effective dps in order to hold/capture an objective.

You have sacrificed too much dps in order to create an inflexible build which does nothing but mindlessly spams 80% speed transcendence without contributing anything else for your team.

In your video you had one of the better healers on the republic side (Masantrin) healing you, I constantly see enemy dpsers putting on strong pressure on him and what were you doing? Running off to hide and introspect the moment your health got low. Hint: you stopped receiving heals because your healer is getting killed by enemy dps, a role that you aren't fulfilling.

Multiple people have pointed out the flaws in your build and playstyle, if you think that everything is fine and dandy, you can keep your head up in the clouds or buried in the sand for all I care. In a months time rated warzones will be out and it will be interesting to see what your rating will be.

Edit: You have NO damage, stop saying that you have consistent or even significant damage, you even have a bloody video showing people how much damage you are dealing and you are still spilling out your hyperbole.

Sorry what did you say? I can't hear you over your a sith player and you sometimes play a sentinel and you think your sith character is better than my sentinel.

in fact a lot of the qq is coming from the sith side and I don't really expect you to understand if you play sith since your emphasis is on power more than anything and you're qqing that my build is not a Darth Vador or Emporer using lightening on everyone... but i forget, you just compared me to your main sith character.

Now I am glad. The build even has the words light side in it as can be seen at the link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=331489 . no dark side minded players will understand the "power" of the... oh nvm, the smart side of the force.

Edited by RakeHoxven

Since Xerain has opened that can of worms.

Well yeah, my guildies are so bad that we win only 85% of our matches, the three of us are BM geared and have experiences with multiple lvl 50 toons since we rerolled from the imp side...

But you know that 85% figure can just be a number that I have pulled out from my a**, much like what i suspect a certain someone is doing. :rolleyes:

Edit: And since you keep thinking that I am a sith player, I will reveal both my toon names for you since your reading comprehension fails.

Imperial side: Lvl 50 Sorcerer Witherin

Republic side: Lvl 50 Sentinel Too

Edited by lxyao

Since Xerain has opened that can of worms.

Well yeah, my guildies are so bad that we win only 85% of our matches, the three of us are BM geared and have experiences with multiple lvl 50 toons since we rerolled from the imp side...

But you know that 85% figure can just be a number that I have pulled out from my a**, much like what i suspect a certain someone is doing. :rolleyes:

Edit: And since you keep thinking that I am a sith player, I will reveal both my toon names for you since your reading comprehension fails.

Imperial side: Lvl 50 Sorcerer Witherin

Republic side: Lvl 50 Sentinel Too

ya you rerolled from the dark side... and you want a character that plays like your dark side character. you won't find it in this made for light side build.

ya you rerolled from the dark side... and you want a character that plays like your dark side character. you won't find it in this made for light side build.

So your build is 'good' because it is a 'light side' build? Is this how you are justifying it now? I really have no issue with you playing your toon the way you like it, but trying to push it as a 'viable' build to the masses on the forums is something that I will campaign against.

So your build is 'good' because it is a 'light side' build? Is this how you are justifying it now? I really have no issue with you playing your toon the way you like it, but trying to push it as a 'viable' build to the masses on the forums is something that I will campaign against.

So a dark side sorc is campaigning against a light side sentinel. you win bra

take a walk to the dark side maurader (dark sides sentinel equivilent) forums. Are the Build Guides the same even though we share the same skills? NO

because you dark side have other motivations for your skills... POWER, ZOMG KIL HIM, ect.

Edited by RakeHoxven