Why I'm done - bye all and good luck!

chrisforester

Having played SWTOR since launch mainly to enjoy PvP it's time to leave.

Played so long I can remember at the beginning everyone laughed when you brought a merc to pvp!:)

I've played regularly on most classes and variations, and have always enjoyed warzones more than anything.

70 PvP for a non ranking competitor player like me is, unfortunately, just a waste of time now. I'm pretty sad about it.

In previous expansions I could max out in pvp gear in a reasonable time even without doing ranked play - I was happy to lag behind better pvpers in my journey but I got there in the end.

And, I could do this through pvp, rather than through pvE content.

I've been playing my main for weeks now (started playing 70 on this toon around November) and I have managed to max out TWO pieces of gear to 248 with all the unassembled components. I think my command stash level is something like 180 atm. I just can't be bothered to do it.

And, I love alts. I am seriously not starting this gearing journey again. Previous expansions I would endgame pvp on 5-6 toons.

Then endgame pvp as well as gearing is just hugely frustrating. Unkillable healers I pump 3 rotations in to see them get to 80% health then instaheal it off again. The games where you all stand round a turret with no one dying. The endless unbalanced wz where one side is so dominant that if they cap 2 it never changes, so you either have an easy boring win or a long drawn out fail. Where are the close matches? Same on huttball - either seems to be 6-0 or 0-6 these days for a lot of it.

The feeling that you invest all this time into a class/spec and if its not FOTM you're just paying for pain.

I loved the early days -the great stories.

I loved lowbie pvp when ppl actually died- even healers! Where an ambush wasn't a tickle. But if you have to stay in lowbie to have good pvp then the game is broken. Endgame should be BETTER! not worse.

It seems that MMO PvP will become a thing of the past. I don't have the motorskills for non MMO type combat, this saddens me.

I noticed that WoW in Legion also changed to pvE gearing for PvP and how that ruined it there too.

It was great whilst it lasted. But I've moved from the enjoying it to somewhat enjoying it to it just being a huge frustration fest.

Best of luck all.

Can't say I don't agree..

It's very furstrating right now with god mode heals and DPS's with guard and skanks that do more damage than an actual DPS.

Yavin is about one team farms the other team and same for every node based PVP.

If one team has 3,2 heals and 2 skanks, it's already lost for you if you don't have similar numbers. So why bother ?

Very poor class balance with trigger happy classes being dominant and melee being garbage with the exception of marauder which is the only proper melee class with the fury spec.

Very frustrating team ranked games where if you don't que with proper team on voice comms, you are just a mat farmer anyway as you will get crushed by premade regular teams with PT skank, anni/hatred sin engi sniper combos= win every match

Solo ranked is a joke with very one sided games due to low population in that game mode and Bioware having to force people to que for it.

Pvp really changed into a static trash. Dps Pts' juggs, sins spamming taunts/using guards on skilled healer, and no they dont die if their healer is skilled. Skank tanks dpsing same or even more than dps specs etc. This really makes game worse

This gearing is quite aids now. Getting command levels up is hard without double xp and it would be ok as is if 1st tier would give 236 with second 242 and third 248 but as is now first tier is such waste of time. Since most of us just buy full gear or toon to 70 with 230 gear. On top with gear scaled up to 242 why do even need that 230 gear it is obsolete. And despite people say gear doesn't matter much well 248 properly augmented vs 230 none augmented does make quite lot of difference.

Gear really isn't that big of deal from my experience in regs. Bolster is enough to keep you competitive. I'd be all for removing guard though. It's a mechanic geared for competitive play and regs really aren't a competitive environment. It will shorten the gap between premade comps and PUGs as well as create a more chaotic environment that most casual PvPers are looking for.

But I don't expect anything to change positively for PvP anytime soon. Maybe if they recruit a dev who actually knows something about the content.

The whole game is a waste of time, it is what it is. Play it if you enjoy it, go outside if you don't.

If outside is waste of time, then come back in and play swtor.

There are many other good games in the MMO genre. It isnt like were stuck with just SWTOR.

I myself have gone back to playing WoW more in prep for the expansion, if anyone else does and wants my battle tag let me know.

But i would also recommend Guild Wars 2, ESO, Final Fantasy.

I will always come back to this game when they give me a reason to, the SW property alone of enough for me to do that, but when it gets dull and there isnt much to do, i play something else... or get on my bike, or whatever

Your wise to bail I'm most likely out again when my sub runs up, A bit of insider knowledge those that have worked on this game won't even place it on a Resume that how embarrassed they are of it. Those that are left on this game are here cause they have no other place to go or hoping they get shipped to another project. This game is a huge punch line in the industry outside of proving the loot box theory which EA is so desperately is trying to push into other games. The crew on this is beyond skeleton it is in every sense of the word maintenance mode with just doing the least amount of dev work to stay in compliance with the license requirements. Once that contract is up it well not be renewed. (contract was for 10 years)

This games best quality is that there are no other PVP mmorpg's that have come out in the last 3 years that are worth a ****. So you're options are play this, or jump into some other MMORPG that is either in a mature phase or sucks.

Camelot Unchained and/or Crowfall will take the rest of us.

I jumped back over to WoW for a few months, Legion was alright but i couldn't get back into the PVP there and the PVE stuff gets extremely boring to me after awhile.

GW2 isn't appealing to me at all. graphically it felt like an anime cartoon and i just dont get into anime, it's not for me.

I liked the original GW when it came out but it never caught on and was buried under vanilla WoW.

I jumped back over to WoW for a few months, Legion was alright but i couldn't get back into the PVP there and the PVE stuff gets extremely boring to me after awhile.

GW2 isn't appealing to me at all. graphically it felt like an anime cartoon and i just dont get into anime, it's not for me.

I liked the original GW when it came out but it never caught on and was buried under vanilla WoW.

This was true of a lot of decent MMOs really, Rift would be another that comes to mind that i though was pretty good as well that didn't really get much love.

I could see how someone would see GW2 that way though that never occurred to me.

ESO didnt catch my eye as it didnt really seem to have a ranged dps option till much later one due to how the talent system worked so i didnt like how it progressed myself.

There is no perfect game in the genre, never has been or will be. For me, this game will always have my eye due to the SW property alone, but im not going to play it daily if there is simply nothing for me to do. Even PvP has become toxic and unplayable for various reasons. When there is something to do, i will be here, when there is not, well it comes down to what do you want out of a game you invest time in, and content is the biggest thing for me in that regard so my choice is pretty clear.