Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I need to know are these low pop servers to high pop or is it high pop to low pop. Cause the last thing I want to do is transfer from what is considered a high pop server to low even if its free. With every chance to lose my characters name and legact name.

low pops moving to a destination server which becomes high pop

What I need to know are these low pop servers to high pop or is it high pop to low pop. Cause the last thing I want to do is transfer from what is considered a high pop server to low even if its free. With every chance to lose my characters name and legact name.

They will all be high pop in the end. They are making 1-2 of each type of server. They did transfer people to a low pop one, but they transferred 17 servers to it and now it's one of the highest. Its really easy to figure out the destination servers, go there make an alt and hold your name.

They're in the groups of servers with populations that really could go either way. Not deserted like other low pop servers, but not populated enough to really benefit much from group finder.

They need to get this right so we don't have to do this mess again.

Edited by King_Cashio

Here's a funny post I came across. A funny read while we wait for transfers:

The Sir Copperfield The Honorable Thread!

Nice!

If anyone played the first Everquest, here is a comic strip that's 399 pages so far. And the guy is still working on it. It should maybe bring back some fun memories? :)

Click next comic to change page.

http://www.wtfcomics.com/archive.html?399_1

I really would like to know what they are thinking... its 10:30AM CST. No information about the remaining servers. Nothing.

They will get it all sorted but they can not get it done right away can they.:)

There are servers who still haven't been transferred yet..Such as mine

Indeed.

Sucks to be stuck on an all but dead server while Bioware 'monitors' the situation with a weekend coming up fast.

Luckily other MMOs exists so jumping ship to something else is easy.

We're not done with opening up server transfers. In one of my previous posts, I said:

What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next.

We opened up many servers at the beginning of this process and only a few remain to be opened up for transfers. You will see us opening more up tomorrow and into next week. We understand that everyone is excited to transfer, but we do have to see how each day's transfers affect server populations in order to open up more origin servers each day.

Yes, those of us still stuck on the dead servers wouldn't want impede the play of those who have already been transferred. Makes sense in a kick in the nuts kinda way.

Let's move 25 or 27 East PVP servers and leave 2 out there just for the Hell of it. Yeah, b/c the 20 people left on both the servers will really tip FM or POF over the edge.

Its not right away, today is the 5th day.

Also, i am not asking them to "get it done right away", although that would be nice.

I am asking them to communicate. They have people whose sole responsibility is to communicate. Post something like "we are going to do more transfers today, we do not know when". Or "we are not going to do any more transfers till Monday".

Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that overnight population shifts and rate of transfers will affect the opening of origin servers on a day to day basis. What this means is that, while we've been able to open several servers over the past few days, the cadence for opening them will undoubtedly be different each day. Rest assured that I'll post here when I have a fresh update. Edited by JovethGonzalez

so for the next 12 hours if your on a server with only 10 people on fleet, you might as well log off and go play something else until tomorrow and pray that your not exluded then too =(

They can only do so many at a time and they have to monitor what's been happening on servers that people have transferred to.

I'm still waiting, I'm hoping mine's announced in the next batch but we'll have to wait and see... Hopefully they'll pop people on overtime to work over the weekend but if it doesn't happen today might have to wait until monday :(

Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that overnight population shifts and rate of transfers will affect the opening of origin servers on a day to day basis. What this means is that, while we've been able to open several servers over the past few days, the cadence for opening them will undoubtedly be different each day. Rest assured that I'll post here when I have a fresh update.

Meaning that we shouldn't expect to play this weekend unless already moved because you need to "monitor" the situation.

Edited by xandax

Of course they can get it done right away. Well, maybe they can't finish all of the servers right away, but they can post on here to say 'hi' right away. There are hundreds of people posting here showing them how, and giving opinions too. All they have to do is post "Hi. Sorry I didn't stop by until a quarter to 11, but I'm really hung over. We looked at that data we keep talking about, and it turns out we really screwed the pooch this time. Can't say much else for the time being until the panic in the office subsides a little."

edit to say Joveth posted while I was typing this, so thanks for stopping by :)

Edited by curtkram

Hi everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that overnight population shifts and rate of transfers will affect the opening of origin servers on a day to day basis. What this means is that, while we've been able to open several servers over the past few days, the cadence for opening them will undoubtedly be different each day. Rest assured that I'll post here when I have a fresh update.

I'm sorry Joveth, I am trying not to be a dick really I am but too bad. You have left some of the worst populated servers to die more, my guild is hurting because of it. This sorry we moved higher pop servers now you wait ******** is getting old, atleast give us a time frame of when the first one will be like 1-2 hours 3-4 hours etc so we can go do other ****.