Tales of the Healer

Asvarduil

• 2 weeks later...

Tales of the healer...you never heal anyone else than yourself...you ended the last one with 4 medals before the ending, how is it possible for a healer NOT to have th full 8 at least from healing?

You often does not buff yourself after dying.

You try, as a healer spec, to facetank 2-6 opponents at an enemy turret alone...damn...

Take a look at Youtube, and get some pointers from there.

I like that you produce videos man, i really commend that but you need to train and learn som more gameplay mate.

Keep practicing though :)

Tales of the healer...you never heal anyone else than yourself...you ended the last one with 4 medals before the ending, how is it possible for a healer NOT to have th full 8 at least from healing?

You often does not buff yourself after dying.

You try, as a healer spec, to facetank 2-6 opponents at an enemy turret alone...damn...

Take a look at Youtube, and get some pointers from there.

I like that you produce videos man, i really commend that but you need to train and learn som more gameplay mate.

Keep practicing though :)

That match I did wind up getting a couple of heals off...I think. My teammates kept dying before I could do anything more, like cast the big, slow heal on them, or even the quick heal. Additionally, my Sage is DPS spec (0/10/0). When my monthly cartel coins come in, I'm buying her personal field respec perk.

Yeah, that last match I was pretty awful. I'm usually not that awful - I usually opt for a slightly less flagrant flavor of badness...but last night I was. It also hurts that before this, I hadn't played my Sage for like 4 months.

And backpedaling ftw, indeed ;) I keep trying to break myself of that habit and keep failing miserably.

I can't pitch good games all the time folks. I just hope this one was entertaining and made you giggle a little. I've never presumed to be a good PvP player, and I'm not about to start now. Especially with all the time I take off from the game. But, you're right to correct me and point out the fact that this match I sucked hard. I'll do better from now on guys - thanks for the critiques.

Edited by Asvarduil

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, long time no see! I've been busy seeing other games, and doing the daily grind. But, every once in a while I can spare a few minutes to record a new episode, like this one!

In this one, one of the teams demonstrates how not to attack a door in Voidstar. But, is it my team, or the opposition?

Edited by Asvarduil

• 2 weeks later...
You are bad, but damn was I entertained. The narration makes these hilarious. 10/10.

(Confused why you call just about everything trolling though. :D)

I only recently learned that trolling only applies to causing people to overreact to a stupid behavior; originally, I thought trolling was a shortened form of the word 'controlling', based on someone doing something to force a response (I was a bit off, needless to say.)

However, there were a few times my usage was valid. For instance, when I threw the grenade with all those Sithies at the bridge controls and they went into OMGHAXOVERKILL mode on me, that was intended; I wanted to distract them for even a few more seconds; the fact that they used such overkill (e.g. everyone there) makes it actually trolling. So...blah.

I'm glad I entertained! I'll try to stop being bad, but that's hard. Maybe I should heal from cover more, and not take cover in front of the Snipers...

One final note: I do these just for fun. Seeing as how BioWare hasn't quite gotten around to an eSports friendly PvP setup, I'm honestly not concerned about PvPing professionally or anything - as long as I have fun, and my viewers have fun, to me that's all that matters. Besides, it's not like SWTOR videos can be monetized anyhow.

I briefly considered a WoW PvP series along these lines, but there were way too many pandas. I thought I might come off as pandering to the audience...huehue...geddit? Pandering? Hahaha...ok, I'll stop making bad jokes, at least until my next video.

Edited by Asvarduil

I only recently learned that trolling only applies to causing people to overreact to a stupid behavior; originally, I thought trolling was a shortened form of the word 'controlling', based on someone doing something to force a response (I was a bit off, needless to say.)

That's actually quite logical. Maybe we should redefine it. :D We usually just call "Inc [side] [numbers]". Inc as in incoming.

I'm glad I entertained! I'll try to stop being bad, but that's hard. Maybe I should heal from cover more, and not take cover in front of the Snipers...

One final note: I do these just for fun.

And that's the way it should be. :) Don't feel pressure to be an über pvper. The commentary alone is enough to make ppl watch these. :D I do see you still click on people instead of selecting them from the ops frame. I suggest you move the ops frame a bit more into the middle of your screen where it's easily reachable. As a healer most of your time you should be keeping your eye on that (since you can easily see who's going down and who's in range etc). A good idea is also to make the debuff icons bigger in the ops frame so you can easily see if anyone needs to be dispelled. Also since you're operative, keep your healing probes on two stacks on everyone (from what I saw you had them on hardly anyone). Your healing will go up insanely much.

@Zomise - Good suggestions all, especially about the UI layout. I'll make some tweaks before my next video and play a few matches to get used to it.

As far as Healing Probes, I usually spam those like crazy, but this warzone was actually a rather interesting one - I kept on finding situations where my allies were either A) already in deep trouble by the time I got there, necessitating a large heal before dropping probes, or B) weren't very durable to start with (e.g. that Lv.11 Jedi Guardian, who was facing off against three Imperials at once.)

Though, while I can justify those particular decisions all day long, I'm not the uberest of PvPers, as I've noted before - could I have handled those situations differently to give my buddy a few more seconds of combat life, that you saw? You seem like you've done this a time or two before, and now I'm curious.

Edited by Asvarduil

As far as Healing Probes, I usually spam those like crazy, but this warzone was actually a rather interesting one - I kept on finding situations where my allies were either A) already in deep trouble by the time I got there, necessitating a large heal before dropping probes, or B) weren't very durable to start with (e.g. that Lv.11 Jedi Guardian, who was facing off against three Imperials at once.)

Think of the probes as pre-emptive healing. They last a long time and everyone can have two stacks. So yes, if someone is dropping fast, big heals are good, but forexample when you're dead and waiting for the forcefield to go down, when it's at one quarter, dropp two probes on everyone waiting there with you. When you're out there and there's nobody really in need of big heals, drop two probes on everyone (even those in full health, since they sure won't be full health for long). It will help you heal them when they do start to drop down. :) Hope this helps. I don't have a high level scoundrel/operative, so I'm not the best one to help you with this, but hopefully a bit.

Just keep having fun!