The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I've bolded and color coded the main points I am curious about. I'm assuming you mean the 4 "Bosses" the maurader BH agent and sorc?

I've never had any issues with that as I AoE taunt initially Saber reflect and periodically tab target to see if anybody has aggro off of me and if they do i go to them wack them a few times and it's back on me. How these bosses are difficult is beyond me. Unless the dps know nothing of the kill order and herp derp thier way along.

EDIT and I suppose based on your post the Tank knows nothing and herp derps his way along LOLLOL

To clarify, he would never corral the trash throughout, we were mostly fine because we were able to dps them down, but there were a couple times where their weren't enough CCs and the dogs would go for the healer, I'd hit mortar volley or another aoe to peel them off the healer while he would be tanking a gold in the corner.

On the 4 bosses, he kept trying to tank the marauder in the corner LOSing himself from the healer and tanking the mob that's going to jump anyway rather than stay in the middle and keep the group occupied. We marked the bosses and stated the kill order in chat (Agent, Marauder, Sorc, and BH). The Sorc and BH would go straight for the healer every time.

TL;DR Yes, he knew very little if nothing at all and herp derps his way along LOL..

I once pugged into a TfB and joined the organizing guild's voice chat. On Kephess, the main tank instructed the sage healer in the group put down a salvation that the tank could leap into at the very start. Now, I have a sage healer that I know how to play pretty well...so I found this to be just about the dumbest thing you could ask a sage to do. Spend 91 force to heal a single target for maybe 3-4k between the time the pull happens and salvation expires? Were they deliberately trying to run the sage out of force in this fight??? So I voiced my objection, saying sages should focus on bubble and single target healing at the start...the tank gave some mealy-mouthed "well it's another HoT". I whispered the sage and told him his tank didn't have a clue and he should ignore any further direction from that idiot.

This sounds like a bad idea on the Kephess fight, but there are fights, usually trash pulls, with big burst damage at the start where you want to do something like this. (Also, it's only 61 force with conveyance.)

This one happened last week to me, mandalorian raiders hm with 1 nice pug, 1 great pug and 1...not so great.

So. There I am with my commando healer, mix of this and that in my gear (wh/partisan/conqueror/underworld/whatever you get with basic comms/whatever you get with elite comms-mix, so truly a mix). I queue, fp pops, Mandalorian Raiders. Good news for me, since most of my level 55 hm experience is from Mandalorian Raiders or Cademimu and from these, I've found Mandalorian Raiders easier to heal. I check my group. 1 dps, balance shadow, looks pretty good, and the guardian tank looks amazing: around 36k hp I think. I thought that this was going to be easy - until I saw the other "dps". That was actually a vanguard tank, in tanking stance, with around as much hp as me and the shadow dps. I was a little worried about that, but hoped that the rest of the team could carry this one, since I remembered the fp would be kind of easy. And how wrong was I.

First boss. Focus fire? What's that? Some kind of snack? The tank was tanking the boss in a corner while the hounds were bouncing around. Okay, this happens at the start always, and I'm even ready to accept if one of the hounds chases me at the start when the dps burn down the other hound. But this one went on forever. Everyone was taking damage, nothing was dying or even close to dying and, since the dps (especially "dps") needed constant healing all the time, I didn't really have the time to heal myself. So, the hounds were probably with 50& of their hp when one of them jumped at me with my hp very low (I was desperately trying to keep up the vanguard) and managed to kill me. Well, we actually didn't wipe (someone managed to run away from the room with the bosses behind them and run with them almost all the way back to the spawn point without the fight restarting), but I thought in my mind "wow, that took ages". Anyway, we carried on.

Second boss, nothing interesting after we get the kill order clear, but that takes a few wipes. Nothing problematic, really, before we reach the bonus boss.

Now, there was some kind of bug on the mob near this boss - the guardian pushed an elite over the edge, but somehow that elite still kept firing me. The encounter was started before I could say that, but that firing stopped at some point. I was glad about it, especially since the boss seemed to act a little weird. It seemed like he would have a bunch of aggro drops all suddenly, I couldn't remember that from my previous runs. We ended up wiping, and that wasn't going to be the last wipe on this boss.

A wipe or a few later, this vanguard manages to get knocked back so that he falls to the void but doesn't exactly fall, but gets stuck to some edge. And all suddenly, the boss starts acting normal and tankable. This one ends with enrage, but I'm starting to suspect the "dps" is the problem our group has. He's constantly throwing a guard at me (so he can't be guarded by himself) and seems to be stealing the aggro somehow. While we run back to the boss, I write to the chat "We might not be able to do this without 2 dps.". The tank (the actual tank) who really haven't spoken at all during the whole fp offers to respec as dps, but no one says anything. Personally I'm hoping for the "tankdps" to take a hint and at least apologize for queueing for the wrong role, but he says nothing. I'm starting to constantly click off his guard and he keeps putting it back on me. Another fight, this time everything goes well but we don't beat the enrage timer.

This time, before we engage the boss, I tell them "guys, I think we can't do this with 2 tanks". Instead of apologizing, the vanguard just tells us to skip the bonus. The shadow agrees and we move closer to the final boss, but the guardian doesn't follow us. I guessed he would have gone afk for a few moments and we waited for him. Finally I saw him running towards us again - in shien stance. And dps gear. That really put a smile on my face.

I told the other two "guys, we got 2 dps, lets give that bonus one more try". We try that once again - healing the not-so-greatly-geared vanguard tank wasn't easy in my gear (and/or skill level), btw - and we kill it. I thank the guardian for respeccing. I really feel that he saved the day.

The final boss goes ok (though, the tank is pretty hard to keep up for me, but I manage) until the last turret phase. The last 2 turrets are up and dps are killing them, when suddenly, the boss jumps to middle even though we aren't even ready with the first turret of the pair. Tank dies before I even realize what just happened (I still have no idea, but the tank typed "sorry" to chat, I guess he did something wrong?). Everything starts firing on the shadow, and I manage to keep him up for a while, but not that long time. At that time, there was only 1 turret with maybe 50% hp, the boss, the guardian (now dps) and me still up and running. And somehow, I manage to keep the guardian alive while he destroys the turret and kills the boss. When the boss finally went down, I truly felt like Talos Drellik:

"Are we dead yet? Oh my goodness...we won!" :D

So that's 2 weird people: a weird tank who queues as a dps, and a silent guardian who saved the day instead of dropping the group at the second he saw someone constantly stealing aggro from him.

Tanks that don't taunt, don't know about guard, or don't switch stance to tanking one are "norm", common enough to not be considered weird anymore. Pointing out their mistakes to them usually solves problem, and rest of FP goes well, or at least as well as you can expect from player that didn't know about taunts untill you told him.

So when in lvl40 FP I met just another tank that wouldn't taunt, I simply reminded him he should be using taunts, but got no response. On second trash group all mobs are still hitting everything but tank, including one he was actively tanking. Again, 'use taunts'. This time he reacted, by saying something along these lines "I don't have any, I'm trying to save up for some"

So yeah. Lvl40 player queueing as tank, saying he couldn't afford any taunt since lvl16.

Some people just dont learn or even want to know how their class is played. This was back in 1.7 but i did a Directive 7 with a tank who did not taunt (when we asked him why he said that he didnt need to and that the healer(me) and the dps(2 pugs) needed to do less damage and use our threat droppers more). Of course everyone but the tank was in either 61 or 63 gear and we ended up pretty much ignoring him after the second boss but we completed it with him.

However, today i meet a sorcerer who used nothing but force storm. Since i leveled a sorc while healing i watched his procs (the only ones he got were force effusion and lightning barrage(i think, the one which allows you to cast instant chain lightning) and tried to help him with his rotation. But alas he force stormed through all the bosses and adds without a care in the world. Incidentally this was also directive 7 (maybe i need to stop doing this FP) so when we got to the final boss and finished explaining it since neither of the DPS had done it before the sorc was happily force storming away and got targeted by the claw, first time i healed him through it and told him in chat to move out of it. The second time it happened and he didn't move i just stoped healing him, then rezed him after the fight was over.

not the only weird people ive met, but the ones that have stood out so far

This one happened last week to me, mandalorian raiders hm with 1 nice pug, 1 great pug and 1...not so great.

So. There I am with my commando healer, mix of this and that in my gear (wh/partisan/conqueror/underworld/whatever you get with basic comms/whatever you get with elite comms-mix, so truly a mix). I queue, fp pops, Mandalorian Raiders. Good news for me, since most of my level 55 hm experience is from Mandalorian Raiders or Cademimu and from these, I've found Mandalorian Raiders easier to heal. I check my group. 1 dps, balance shadow, looks pretty good, and the guardian tank looks amazing: around 36k hp I think. I thought that this was going to be easy - until I saw the other "dps". That was actually a vanguard tank, in tanking stance, with around as much hp as me and the shadow dps. I was a little worried about that, but hoped that the rest of the team could carry this one, since I remembered the fp would be kind of easy. And how wrong was I.

First boss. Focus fire? What's that? Some kind of snack? The tank was tanking the boss in a corner while the hounds were bouncing around. Okay, this happens at the start always, and I'm even ready to accept if one of the hounds chases me at the start when the dps burn down the other hound. But this one went on forever. Everyone was taking damage, nothing was dying or even close to dying and, since the dps (especially "dps") needed constant healing all the time, I didn't really have the time to heal myself. So, the hounds were probably with 50& of their hp when one of them jumped at me with my hp very low (I was desperately trying to keep up the vanguard) and managed to kill me. Well, we actually didn't wipe (someone managed to run away from the room with the bosses behind them and run with them almost all the way back to the spawn point without the fight restarting), but I thought in my mind "wow, that took ages". Anyway, we carried on.

Second boss, nothing interesting after we get the kill order clear, but that takes a few wipes. Nothing problematic, really, before we reach the bonus boss.

Now, there was some kind of bug on the mob near this boss - the guardian pushed an elite over the edge, but somehow that elite still kept firing me. The encounter was started before I could say that, but that firing stopped at some point. I was glad about it, especially since the boss seemed to act a little weird. It seemed like he would have a bunch of aggro drops all suddenly, I couldn't remember that from my previous runs. We ended up wiping, and that wasn't going to be the last wipe on this boss.

A wipe or a few later, this vanguard manages to get knocked back so that he falls to the void but doesn't exactly fall, but gets stuck to some edge. And all suddenly, the boss starts acting normal and tankable. This one ends with enrage, but I'm starting to suspect the "dps" is the problem our group has. He's constantly throwing a guard at me (so he can't be guarded by himself) and seems to be stealing the aggro somehow. While we run back to the boss, I write to the chat "We might not be able to do this without 2 dps.". The tank (the actual tank) who really haven't spoken at all during the whole fp offers to respec as dps, but no one says anything. Personally I'm hoping for the "tankdps" to take a hint and at least apologize for queueing for the wrong role, but he says nothing. I'm starting to constantly click off his guard and he keeps putting it back on me. Another fight, this time everything goes well but we don't beat the enrage timer.

This time, before we engage the boss, I tell them "guys, I think we can't do this with 2 tanks". Instead of apologizing, the vanguard just tells us to skip the bonus. The shadow agrees and we move closer to the final boss, but the guardian doesn't follow us. I guessed he would have gone afk for a few moments and we waited for him. Finally I saw him running towards us again - in shien stance. And dps gear. That really put a smile on my face.

I told the other two "guys, we got 2 dps, lets give that bonus one more try". We try that once again - healing the not-so-greatly-geared vanguard tank wasn't easy in my gear (and/or skill level), btw - and we kill it. I thank the guardian for respeccing. I really feel that he saved the day.

The final boss goes ok (though, the tank is pretty hard to keep up for me, but I manage) until the last turret phase. The last 2 turrets are up and dps are killing them, when suddenly, the boss jumps to middle even though we aren't even ready with the first turret of the pair. Tank dies before I even realize what just happened (I still have no idea, but the tank typed "sorry" to chat, I guess he did something wrong?). Everything starts firing on the shadow, and I manage to keep him up for a while, but not that long time. At that time, there was only 1 turret with maybe 50% hp, the boss, the guardian (now dps) and me still up and running. And somehow, I manage to keep the guardian alive while he destroys the turret and kills the boss. When the boss finally went down, I truly felt like Talos Drellik:

"Are we dead yet? Oh my goodness...we won!" :D

So that's 2 weird people: a weird tank who queues as a dps, and a silent guardian who saved the day instead of dropping the group at the second he saw someone constantly stealing aggro from him.

Guardian to the rescue! Awwwwww yeaaaah! :D

Best story I ever had. Got grouped for Cademimu Heroic. It was 2 or 3 weeks after Makeb, long enough that most people that play regularly had their 69s and were face-rolling heroics. Got a tank that insisted we CC the first pull because it's a tough one (I can't remember ever CCing or dieing on that pull, ever). I said nothing but one the DPS was like, no dude, it's easy just go in and we'll AOE down. Everyone was fine with this but the tank who then wiped us by taunting the group then DCing.

We suspected he DC'd intentionally to not get the drop penalty, so we all waited about a minute till he logged back in. "Oh hi, welcome back". He then responded that we're all now blacklisted from the best guild on the server (I don't remember the name of his guild but I'd never heard of it). We all had a good laugh after that. Queued again and got an instant pop tank who actually knew how to play while he waited out his drop penalty.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Best story I ever had. Got grouped for Cademimu Heroic. It was 2 or 3 weeks after Makeb, long enough that most people that play regularly had their 69s and were face-rolling heroics. Got a tank that insisted we CC the first pull because it's a tough one (I can't remember ever CCing or dieing on that pull, ever). I said nothing but one the DPS was like, no dude, it's easy just go in and we'll AOE down. Everyone was fine with this but the tank who then wiped us by taunting the group then DCing.

Actually I recall dying at that first pull because the healer insisted to CC. As a tank CC a mob in the middle of a pack is a bother, we can't use AOE to get the aggro, and have to target them one by one while they're running in every direction or or attacking random people in the group. The healer also refused to "overheal", meaning he didn't heal or bubble me until I had half my health down. He may also probably busy to heal those hit by the isolated mobs around I tried/failed to aggro, not very sure on this last one because of the wipe. This scene lasted a few packs, with the flawed tactic he lift a mob in the middle then I had to aggro the others one by one while they're moving or shooting. All of this without heal until too late. He eventually left, frustrated after we stopped to follow his idea about CC and one more wipe since he kept "surgical" healing.

Edited by Nkya

I'm not sure if sharing a HEROIC counts, but I'll go ahead and share it regardless.

So, I had done a few FPs with a guy, and he was nice (Though a bit "slow", and under-geared) so we decided to do the H4 in Black Hole of Pub Side. We wound up getting 2 55's, a Sentinel and a Sage. I was tanking, and we headed into the phase.

First, it was just me and the 55 Sentinel, the Sage decided he wanted to do the rest of his dailies before joining us. I'm texting, waiting for my friend, and suddenly, the 55 Sentinel leaps into the group. I desperately leap after, trying to keep aggro. Now, you may think that, since he was 55, we would have recovered. No, we did not. Why? This 55 Sentinel was only in Black Hole (or is it Campaign?) gear. I had more Hp than him. We managed to kill most of the group before we died. I decided not to say anything, thinking he just thought the whole group was there, and it was also my bad since I was texting.

We regrouped, and went through the elevator. I leapt and attacked a sole pat, killing it fairly quickly. Whoever, the Sentinel gets P.O.d, talking about how I "Shouldn't start fights". (Seriously, what the hell? I'm the tank, I start the fights.) We then proceed, and the Sage HEALER pulls three groups at once. We struggle to survive, but we manage.

Afterward, I go, "Can you please not pull multiple groups at once?"

He responds, "Have you died yet?"

I go, "Yes, actually."

He proceeds to be a jerk, and to pull multiple groups. At the final group (with the Champion Boss), he pulled everyone IN THE ROOM. I stopped using any thing to take aggro off him. If he wanted to fight them, let him. He then died, and the rest of us finished them off.

We proceeded to the boss, where we fought him. All 3 of my group mates decided to stand in ALL OF HIS AOES. ALL OF THEM. While I'm running around, trying not to die, it's like they want to! We got through the Heroic, but I ignored all of them, and was glad I now know to never group with them again.

I was on my Sorc and did a FP one time and q'd as healer but i didnt have the creds to respec for heals when i realized i was in the wrong spec inside HM Mando. I continued to DPS through trash and will heal everybody up when they get low on HP (around 40%). We never wiped and i made it a point to have people healed up and ready for the next trash pull. Maybe around 30 minutes in i was suddenly kicked out of the group but not before the tank said, we're kicking you because you aren't heal spec'd. I think we were at the trash before the final boss pull when this happened. Didnt kill the bonus boss yet too.

I kept them alive, and the run probably went a teeny bit faster because I was Lightning specd and also no one died not even once. :confused:

This happened to me just a few hours ago.

I group up with 2 fellow guildies for GF HMFP and we get Cademimu with a well geared Vanguard tank and i think "nice we should have no problem clearing the fp".

Group composition is me(sentinel dps), my guildies (commando dps and sage healer) and the vangurad tank.

Unfortunately my fellow guild healer isnt really good but he is improving, we manage to get to last boss(the one with Shackles) with a few wipes due to my guildie struggling a bit at healing but at least to me its not a really big deal.

We wipe the first time because of shackles and the second time we kill the boss with me being the last man standing.

After the boss is dead the tank whispers me that we wiped and we almost wiped a second time because im bad as i tend to move too much while dpsing the boss and that he always got the shackles because i stood <4 from the boss, oh and he called me a retard saying that i needed to L2P.

What do you think? Was it my fault?

I'm sorry for my bad english but it's not my native language, i hope you can understand what i wrote :).

I just had a Group Finder FP run with a player queued as Damage. (this was Republic side, translations provided for Imperial players reference frame)

He was a Shadow (Assassin), spec'd Kinetic Combat (Darkness), using Combat Technique (Dark Charge). Every single pull, from start to finish, his rotation was:

• stand 10 yards away
  • use Telekinetic Throw (Force Lightning) on cooldown
  • use Project (Shock) on cooldown
  • use Force Breach (Discharge) on cooldown
  • maintain Kinetic Ward (Dark Ward) religiously at 15 charges
  • stand there and do nothing else in-between these 4 cooldowns

Watching someone with a double-bladed lightsaber and rocks swirling around them stand outside melee range, never once swing their saber, and spam weak rock attacks was... really, really weird.

Damage was agonizingly low, fights took forever, but at least we had a Guardian DPS who really, really knew her stuff and carried us through (just barely) on tighter fights.

Naturally, he won all 3 pieces of Willpower gear that dropped. -.-

~~~

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go :confused: "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc. :p

if he would be tank, i'd say thats ok. cos assassins are only tanks that can tank in range, shock and discharge have aggro-modificators on them, force lightning immune to pushback.

On my Shadow tank queue into HM 50 Maelstrom Prison.

Scoundrel healer has 10.5k HP at 50 which I would have previously thought impossible. Only heal I get the entire FP is Diagnostic Scan because otherwise "I run out of energy too fast." I'm assuming F2P and not heal spec to boot.

No deaths due to me being so tremendously overgeared but still, it's the principal.

On my Shadow tank queue into HM 50 Maelstrom Prison.

Scoundrel healer has 10.5k HP at 50 which I would have previously thought impossible. Only heal I get the entire FP is Diagnostic Scan because otherwise "I run out of energy too fast." I'm assuming F2P and not heal spec to boot.

No deaths due to me being so tremendously overgeared but still, it's the principal.

In this game, everything is possible :D

BUT fixing PvP

I was on my Sorc and did a FP one time and q'd as healer but i didnt have the creds to respec for heals when i realized i was in the wrong spec inside HM Mando. I continued to DPS through trash and will heal everybody up when they get low on HP (around 40%). We never wiped and i made it a point to have people healed up and ready for the next trash pull. Maybe around 30 minutes in i was suddenly kicked out of the group but not before the tank said, we're kicking you because you aren't heal spec'd. I think we were at the trash before the final boss pull when this happened. Didnt kill the bonus boss yet too.

I kept them alive, and the run probably went a teeny bit faster because I was Lightning specd and also no one died not even once. :confused:

Well, you would not be able to do the last boss without being heal specced. I had trouble on my commando healer which is heal specced (might be because I was running in EWH and Partisan gear, though :D)

I group up with 2 fellow guildies for GF HMFP and we get Cademimu with a well geared Vanguard tank and i think "nice we should have no problem clearing the fp".

Group composition is me(sentinel dps), my guildies (commando dps and sage healer) and the vangurad tank.

Unfortunately my fellow guild healer isnt really good but he is improving, we manage to get to last boss(the one with Shackles) with a few wipes due to my guildie struggling a bit at healing but at least to me its not a really big deal.

We wipe the first time because of shackles and the second time we kill the boss with me being the last man standing.

After the boss is dead the tank whispers me that we wiped and we almost wiped a second time because im bad as i tend to move too much while dpsing the boss and that he always got the shackles because i stood <4 from the boss, oh and he called me a retard saying that i needed to L2P.

I'm sorry for my bad english but it's not my native language, i hope you can understand what i wrote :).

Nah the guy sounds like a complete retard and a jerk. As a DPS sometimes if you don't move (out of fire or circles you die too fast) and besides that boss requires movement to begin with other wise you'd get flames. And you do a good job with English even though as you say it is not your first language.

If he got the shackles and you didn't then it couldn't have been your fault. They do have a slight area effect on them and can get someone else if they are close together. Keep yourself on the opposite side of the boss and it won't be a problem.

As far as movement a Sent has very few abilities that require standing still so I doubt that was causing you any problems. And as for your English, actually it was a lot better that many posters here for whom it is their first language. You're doin alright.

A fairly old story from Dec 2012 that happened to my guildie:

http://i.imgur.com/v7G45.jpg

To give you some context behind this, the sage was spectacularly bad. So bad in fact that we had to 3 man LR-5 and sav-rak. He had Level 24 implants, shadow tanking bracers, casted TK wave, space XP buff, stood in every single aoe imaginable AND had a shield Relic as well as pulling every single trash group we skipped.

When I was leveling an Imp alt, I kept being que'd with a sorc who:

1) Que'd as healer but refused to heal. If someone asked for heals he did not answer. Thankfully my friend que'd with me, and she could field respec into heals.

2) Was clearly spec'd in DPS tree. Did not answer when someone told him not to que as healer if he wanted to DPS.

3) Ran ahead of tank and aggro'd multiple groups. Wouldn't even offheal himself and died a lot. LOL

It was both annoying and funny at the same time seeing this guy go kamikaze and die over and over. We kept forgetting to put him on ignore, so that's why we ran into him so many times.

Ive had similar experiences. Very funny in hindsight. Unbelievably frustrating in the moment. Glad i am not alone:rolleyes:

Even if I am in swtor since start - including a slightly looong break - I only started to do grouped pve content since 2.0, as I was taking swtor as a break from raiding and I am an altoholic by heart.

And as FP wise I either tank, heal or dps with guildies filling the at least 2/3 of the remaining spots ... nothing really weird to report (beside ppl not being able to even type 'hi' or any other word in chat), however, something that happened to me in another mmo still makes me think 'wow' after years.

4 of our guild joined a HM/heroic instance and had to pug the tank, as I didn't feel like tanking atm.

The tank joins (... not too much HP tbh, but hey we all started low) and as the group is ready we start on first groups of trash ...mark targets and go .... and I manage to get the aggro of one mob after the other and my healer starts to gets a bit grumpy on TS ... :p

Ok, I check my stance ... DPS, should be ok.

Next group ... I hold back and give the tank time (more than enough imo) to get aggro, and it works out as he got the desired attention ...

next thing I see is the tank dropping like a wet noodle (at this moment I was making jokes to the healer, as she was our raid healer too), the other 2 dps go down one after the other and in the end I was last man standing (sacrifice pet & every cd I had reduced my repair bill).

I've never been a fan of inspecting other players, but ok let us see what we got:

the tank is not in tank stance and I politely ask him to go into tank stance to keep aggro, while typing these lines to him I start to inspect him (felt bad atm, but not for too long) and realize he had not a single piece of tank gear on him ... stuff can happen (I raided once some bosses with my fishing pole).

So I ask him, if he would mind to put on his tanking gear too

... and the tank replies:

"LOL I can't put anything on as I am not a tank, but I am sure one of you has tanking gear and spec as I only queue as tank to get an instant pop. DPS queues sux. Txs :D"

I was slightly ... speechless, and yeah ... I changed spec and tanked again. :(

In the end we finished the instance without further casualties(beside NPCs) and yes, we even kept our "tank".

And after a little chat with him, he mentioned that he would get kicked most of the times, but in the end he would still run more instances this way, compared to joining the queue as dps.

However, I'll try to pug more in the near future to hopefully (:confused:) add something swtor related to this topic ...

This thread is awesome. I dont think id be able to stop laughing if somebody asked me to stop healing them because they dont like the green stuff on their clothes. Anyway, on to my stories:

Lost island HM. I queued with my fresh 50 gunslinger with a few columni/rakata pieces i had transferred from my sage. First thing I am told by the tank is that I dont have good enough gear to complete the fp. I assure him that I have run it plenty of times and as long as he does his job, we should be fine. He tells me various times that my gear is not good enough while we are speedering past all the trash to the first boss. We pull, and within ten seconds the tank is dead from standing in the yellow spit. I ask him *** and he replies "i forgot to repair my gear." Right. He initiates a vote to kick me, then doesnt respond as i ask him how it was my fault he wiped the group.

Lost island HM again, this time im healing We get passed the droid despite sloppy play (nobody wanted to interrupt incinerate coupled with poor lightning placement). It was clear this group didnt exactly know the fights, so i explained how to kill savrak. When savrak prepared to do his smash, both of the dps were not stacking on the boss so i quicly typed "STACK!!". When the dps got launched off the platform, we /stucked and retried. Again i explained the fight but this time, one of the dps was slow to stack and the other still completely unaware. I typed "F*CKING STACK" just before watching the dps go flying off the platform. When we wiped yet again, a vote kick was initiated to boot...me!? Wth? The reason: too much talking, not enough healing. Man....

I met a DPS you don't want to meet, a powertech in Mandalorian Raider. Lightly geared (almost half my health), often fight from distance but randomly taunt or harpoon the mob from the tank. Jump on the CC marked mob even before the fight starts. I spent half of my effort to keep him alive and stopped once in hope he get the message, but no luck. At some point we get some cunning gear, I'm asking him why he needs it, no answer.

First boss, I'm explaining the tactic, telling the boss and the dogs have to be kept apart he sent a comments such as "I take the boss", I reexplain with more details. We manage to kill them all, not without I spend significant time to heal myself. A Willpower gear drops, and our commando DPS Need it and won it over the Assassin. I'm asking why. No answer. I'm starting to argue (why does a commando needs Cunning and Willpower gears) while they're already running in the next room killing things without waiting for me. Seeing they'll not have anymore healing without an answer, he finally said "for my companion" sure... at level 25 companions needs such various statistics. The other DPS starts apparently to side with him when I crash. The ending was explained to me by the tank; both the DPS vote kicked me while I was disconnected and he lefts them. Good luck to them for finding a tank and an healer babysitting them for free. I requeued with the tank and got a much better group in the minute, it's not that hard.

Edited by Nkya

I met a DPS you don't want to meet, a powertech in Mandalorian Raider. Lightly geared (almost half my health), often fight from distance but randomly taunt or harpoon the mob from the tank. Jump on the CC marked mob even before the fight starts. I spent half of my effort to keep him alive and stopped once in hope he get the message, but no luck. At some point we get some cunning gear, I'm asking him why he needs it, no answer.

First boss, I'm explaining the tactic, telling the boss and the dogs have to be kept apart he sent a comments such as "I take the boss", I reexplain with more details. We manage to kill them all, not without I spend significant time to heal myself. A Willpower gear drops, and our commando DPS Need it and won it over the Assassin. I'm asking why. No answer. I'm starting to argue (why does a commando needs Cunning and Willpower gears) while they're already running in the next room killing things without waiting for me. Seeing they'll not have anymore healing without an answer, he finally said "for my companion" sure... at level 25 companions needs such various statistics. The other DPS starts apparently to side with him when I crash. The ending was explained to me by the tank; both the DPS vote kicked me while I was disconnected and he lefts them. Good luck to them for finding a tank and an healer babysitting them for free. I requeued with the tank and got a much better group in the minute, it's not that hard.

Well, a commandoes companions only use aim...

Which is a shame, imho. I REALLY had hoped for diversity within that ... groups of companions !

I had expected something like ... Wraith Squadron. Or even Rogue Squadron.

But no, aim for all of them ... how boring ...

eh, I personally actually like that, because it means i can give them my castoffs :p makes them easier to gear.