SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not usually one to jump on here and complain. In fact, I've even sent Keith a thank you message. However, I'm extremely unhappy right now. What I'm seeing here is that a single companion is returning. So, the guys are going to get an LI back, but after taking one from the ladies (and gay men) you're not bringing one back for us. The agent now has BOTH female LI's back, but where is Vector? Not happy about this at all and I think the decision to bring a single LI back is very disappointing.

Also, Elara is still alive. When do I get to :wea_03: equalize this situation?

With the RP servers now being merged into PVE servers, does this mean we will now get a RP instance added, like we have PVP and PVE instances of a server?

I recall this was much discussed when instances were first added and the designations removed from the server listing. The RP community would appreciate this immensely, for many reasons, not least of which being that RP servers do tend to have rather different cultures which will now be essentially washed away. While the truly dedicated trollers might be mis-wired enough that they'd take the initiative to go to a RP instance just to troll, for the most part I believe a RP instance would benefit RPers who would prefer to minimize trolling as well as those folks who may truly not want to see RP in their game environment. Instancing should have no effect on people still using group finder queues so it seems like an ideal solution.

Your RP community doesn't ask for much, and doesn't need much to keep them happy - do please consider them in a choice like this, and throw a bone their way. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is already wincing in anticipation of the server culture impact the merge will have as it is.

This seems like an excellent idea and there is already technology in place to implement this, all you need is another instance and a new tag for it.

I am excited to see the Chiss being used in some story stuff, they're my fav race. I'm happy about credit being added to the Legacy bank. I like the extra slot in command crates and the possibility of getting a chance cube that way. I'm glad the traitor storyline is going to be wrapped up. I'm trying to point out the things I do like because I'm pretty disappointed but want to be fair and rational.

I am not usually one to jump on here and complain. In fact, I've even sent Keith a thank you message. However, I'm extremely unhappy right now. What I'm seeing here is that a single companion is returning. So, the guys are going to get an LI back, but after taking one from the ladies (and gay men) you're not bringing one back for us. The agent now has BOTH female LI's back, but where is Vector? Not happy about this at all and I think the decision to bring a single LI back is very disappointing.

Story content, oh look, a flashpoint. Yay, 2 minutes of cutscenes followed by a flashpoint. All I have to say is that Theron better end up not truly betraying us. Also, please, please, please make sure this one is not the buggy mess that Crisis on Umbara is.

Server merge. Okay, I get the logistics behind doing this. I didn't want it, but I get it. I guess I can expect to have to repurchase stronghold rooms and rename toons/guilds.

Exciting news! I'm also very interested in hearing how strongholds will be handled - specifically if we'll have to completely redecorate all of our strongholds on moving? I suppose that's one way to keep some of us occupied for a couple of weeks ;)

Did anyone else see we'll have the opportunity to get Darth Hexid? I missed out on DvL event and preferred Hexid anyway, so I'm quite excited.

Finally, I'm a little disappointed not to hear anything about Arcann, but I suppose a few more months of waiting can't hurt at this point. All in all lots of good news, I look forward to seeing how everything plays out.

To answer both of your questions, it is clearly stated that SHs will not be messed with. will come decorated exactly the same. and if you have two of the same SHs (from different servers) you'll keep both.

As for Guild Names, no one will lose their guild name. If there are two of the same it will add "Jedi Order" - Harbinger (so will add which server it came from)

I hate to just blirt out the obvious here, but we already knew the server mergers were inevitable because there is so little new and engaging group content being released to keep the players online. Many players have been leaving for years and only a few new players came into the game. It is pretty obvious when 13 people are on the fleet during prime hours on our server and only 37 on a more populated one.

So, announcing once again there will be very little new content and only a merger is no consolation to most of player base at all. It is a temporary band aid solution at best. Seriously, you can't do Operations or PvP or flashpoints with QoL legacy bank changes or those ridiculous wink,wink "balance" changes. QoL is nice but it isn't the meat and potatoes of this or any other mmo. End game group content is that full meal for mmo players. It is the reason to want to play at all. The QoL is just stuff that should be done on the side.

The hints for 2018, which didn't mention any expansion or address the reintroduction of preferred and f2P back into our fold, is really sad. It is a missed opportunity at a SWTOR comeback into the MMO world.

As unfortunate as it is, not releasing a full new expansion = little reason for many gamers to play SWTOR anymore, especially since other mmos are releasing large dlcs on a quarterly basis and major expansions every 6 months without tossing out their non subs. Server merger or not, the numbers will keep going down unless we get an exciting new expansion packed with end game content and get the preferred/F2P back into our queues.

This is just an opinion of a subscriber who's played this game for years, nothing more nothing less. Have a nice day/evening all.

I always said that if mergers happened for any other reason except finance issues I would leave. You have given away my account to the wishes of other players which is.... unacceptable. So all 6 of my accounts will end this week. I have no intention of continuing as a F2P. Just don't want to be back on server with hundreds of others.

There are a lot of good in what' s coming but server mergers is a deal breaker for me.

I have very much enjoyed the last 3+ years, but all good things!

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Light on actual content, but good to hear there is still significant investment in the game in the form of infrastructure. Not likely this will slow down players leaving, but if iit setsup for a big return hopefully it's worth the risk.

I'm still hoping for a tease that you are planning a full expansion someday with a reasonably sized explorable planet in addition to the near term planned content. Maybe the 2018 roadmap will drop that type of info.

Also, I feel for Eric and Keith. I estimate half of the posts in this thread ask questions literally answered in the two blog posts.

Edited by bdatt

You only lose a name if someone else has your name on another server and wins a contest (sub vs f2p or played time vs played time). People flipping out over assumptions without reading get 0 sympathy from me.

They didn't actually say that the highest played time wins but that highly played characters will win over those that are played less. That could mean that there is a different calculation than just played time vs played time.

I would hope so because it would be unfortunate if people who've played their mains for many years but have less time or divide it amongst alts and would lose their main character's names simply because a younger player has more time on their hands.

That I would find unfair. I would hope that the age of the character has priority too as long as it's been played at least regularly over the years.

And just in case it hasn't already been said in the 19 pages (and counting) of replies so far: Thank you thank you thank you for giving GSF a long, long, long, long overdue update!!!! (P.S. - please give us more things to buy with Fleet Comms! Roll reputation into the Space missions faction! More decos! :D)

You mean things like this?

NAHUT - The 3rd Boss Encounter for Gods from the Machine Operation

New Flashpoint on Copero – Find out what Theron’s been up to with the Chiss

New PvP map

New GSF Map set in the Orbit above Iokath

If you're a solo/story player who doesn't enjoy killing other players for lulz, there's exactly one thing there you can do. One. Unless you're going to run the same flashpoint over and over again, you're getting nothing.

And no, I don't want to hear "It's an MMO." This game had a backbone of single-player, story-based content for the first six years of its existence, and MMO is not a synonym for "must raid and run with a pack." But apparently the Powers that Be couldn't care less about anyone other than raiders.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

To deliver these benefits together in one update we will connect multiple servers in each region together, uniting players across the galaxy.

Does that mean Cross-Server-Ques or am I miss reading?

Unfortunately, you're misreading. It means all servers in a region will be merged. For most folks, they will see that as a good thing...it's bittersweet for me, as it means combining disparate legacies...most of my toons will not be showing the such-and-such legacy anymore -or- having their surname attached to the character name. :(

I hate to just blirt out the obvious here, but we already knew the server mergers were inevitable because there is so little new and engaging group content being released to keep the players online. Many players have been leaving for years and only a few new players came into the game. It is pretty obvious when 13 people are on the fleet during prime hours on our server and only 37 on a more populated one.

So, announcing once again there will be very little new content and only a merger is no consolation to most of player base at all. It is a temporary band aid solution at best. Seriously, you can't do Operations or PvP or flashpoints with QoL legacy bank changes or those ridiculous wink,wink "balance" changes. QoL is nice but it isn't the meat and potatoes of this or any other mmo. End game group content is that full meal for mmo players. It is the reason to want to play at all. The QoL is just stuff that should be done on the side.

The hints for 2018, which didn't mention any expansion or address the reintroduction of preferred and f2P back into our fold, is really sad. It is a missed opportunity at a SWTOR comeback into the MMO world.

As unfortunate as it is, not releasing a full new expansion = little reason for many gamers to play SWTOR anymore, especially since other mmos are releasing large dlcs on a quarterly basis and major expansions every 6 months without tossing out their non subs. Server merger or not, the numbers will keep going down unless we get an exciting new expansion packed with end game content and get the preferred/F2P back into our queues.

This is just an opinion of a subscriber who's played this game for years, nothing more nothing less. Have a nice day/evening all.

Well considering they are planning on finishing up this traitor story line, next it would be reasonable to assume a new Expansion will follow. It is all about patience. Looks like a lot of work has been put in to try to fix and update this game. Patience is needed, so everyone chill

Hey folks,

Use this thread to discuss Keith's Roadmap, which you can find here. Let us know your thoughts, questions, and more.

Thanks!

-eric

Are you sure that merging servers only by languges is ok? There wont be much changes to german and french servers since they all are dead.. Why not merge ALL EU SERVERS to ONE??

Am I the only one who hates everything about this? Merging servers is an illusion that doesn't even begin to address the reason people are leaving this game. Not to mention the people who will be upset at losing a name they may have had for a long time, because someone else may have had it for a day or two longer or because they have been a little more active because they don't work and we do? There is absolutely nothing I like about this. When will the real problems with class balance be fixed? For example, How can it ever be justified that slicing someone with a knife will kill someone quicker than getting hit with a lightning bolt? I read positive glowing post after glowing post about this update and everything I read makes me feel like throwing up.

reading is an amazing thing.

Please note we will not introduce a new set of Tier gear for Galactic Command this year! Instead, we will be offering a special set of Augments to enhance your existing gear. These will drop in the Copero Flashpoint or can be purchased from a Copero vendor. In addition, we’ll offer an even better version of augments you can craft from materials gained through both PvP and PvE activities.

"...an even better version..." than what? current augments? or the ones from the new FP? If they're the same as the new ones from the FP, why differentiate them? Will it be like current gear, where you have to get the BIS stuff through gameplay, but can craft a slightly lower tier? It wouldn't make much sense to be able to craft better BIS stuff than what you could get from playing the content.

If you're a solo/story player who doesn't enjoy killing other players for lulz, there's exactly one thing there you can do. One. Unless you're going to run the same flashpoint over and over again, you're getting nothing.

And no, I don't want to hear "It's an MMO." This game had a backbone of single-player, story-based content for the first six years of its existence, and MMO is not a synonym for "must raid and run with a pack."

I have no sympathy for you either.

How utterly... disappointing.

Server merges are great, but they're not content. Quality of life items are great, but not content.

When BioWare talked about their "return to BioWare story-driven games" I was very excited, because you guys invested in CONTENT. Maybe it was content on rails, maybe it was rather dull to repeat the umpteenth time, but it was still hours and hours of something to do. I enjoyed KOTFE. I enjoyed KOTET, too, although I prefered the nine chapters of KOTFE released and then the month-to-month something-to-look-forward-to approach.

You guys didn't give me anything today.

I logged in for Crisis on Umbara and finished the story in about an hour. Would have been 30 minutes, but that flashpoint had some issues. I wasn't inspired to continue after that.

I took advantage of the massive CXP "bug" for a few days, raising my top character from somewhere around CXP 40 to about 110 or so. But even after that... it was still old stuff I'd done a million times in the past.

Quality of life items and server merges and the promise of one Op boss in operations I've not seen because the Op group finder *never pops* is not content for me. A new PVP map isn't content for *me*. I wanted content. I want another season of narrated stories that I participate in, not one or two forgettable flashpoints with our 'traitor' and Lana.

Agree or disagree, it's fine... I've played this game since beta, I played all the content for each expansion repeatedly, I've done all the dailies, I've played in every warzone. I wanted more story, some more fun things to do that didn't involve having to do Yavin or Iokath or Rishi dailies to artificially raise my character's gear in an endgame that to be perfectly honest doesn't even matter anymore.

Fail.

This says it all for me. I don't know why I keep being optimistic about future story content and companions. I think I must be an idiot:....:mad:

Looking forward to tripling my strongholds and getting to play my TOFN Nar Shaddaa stronghold again on Darth Malgus. (most of them are full of chairs and signage)

Any chance we could have an extra tab or two added to the legacy banks and a faster way to list multiples of items on the GTN.

I'll be amazed if all the projected merging and changes go to plan.

Sad to see the player base able to fit onto 5 servers now - I'm guessing they'd cope with 2 in reality only for geographic and language considerations.

If the game's bugs and QOL issues are addressed by Christmas I'll be happy to wait until the new year for any decent content. I have a certain movie to look forward to in the mean time.

Thanks for unfolding the roadmap for us, hope you are good at folding it back up! :p

"...an even better version..." than what? current augments? or the ones from the new FP? If they're the same as the new ones from the FP, why differentiate them? Will it be like current gear, where you have to get the BIS stuff through gameplay, but can craft a slightly lower tier? It wouldn't make much sense to be able to craft better BIS stuff than what you could get from playing the content.

Of course it would make sense.

They didn't actually say that the highest played time wins but that highly played characters will win over those that are played less. That could mean that there is a different calculation than just played time vs played time.

I would hope so because it would be unfortunate if people who've played their mains for many years but have less time or divide it amongst alts and would lose their main character's names simply because a younger player has more time on their hands.

That I would find unfair. I would hope that the age of the character has priority too as long as it's been played at least regularly over the years.

I bolded and recolored the line from the above post that I would like to pull out to devs' attention. If this is an't also being included in the calculation, it would be great if it could be. As someone who has been playing the same characters since beta, I am going to be extremely... ahh... vexed... to lose some of those names.

To answer both of your questions, it is clearly stated that SHs will not be messed with. will come decorated exactly the same. and if you have two of the same SHs (from different servers) you'll keep both.

As for Guild Names, no one will lose their guild name. If there are two of the same it will add "Jedi Order" - Harbinger (so will add which server it came from)

Ah - I didn't even see the blog post, was just going off what I read on the roadmap itself. Very good to know! In my defense, it's late in Europe!

Edited by Mewsy