How someone can get good ratings in Solo Ranked?

RafaelPeretz

Thats the question.

Been playing a lot of matches and looks like I'm ****ed up for the rest of the season.

Always I que there is a thrower that will leave match or some useless bad in the team (bad marauders/snipers getting globaled at the begining) or a free global (lighting sorc, jugg and pt).

So, how in the **** I can get better rating?

I must carry a legion of bads to get it or there is a secret I don't know?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put throwers and bads on your friends list

dodge these people

if you think the called strats are bad, say so. don't be silent then complain AFTER you lost.

know when to stop, don't keep queuing if can feel a loss steak coming along.

Thanks for your reply.

Thats a good idea to friendlist these people. Nice.

I just don't know what q dodge is and how to do it. Care to explain please?

Put throwers and bads on your friends list

dodge these people

if you think the called strats are bad, say so. don't be silent then complain AFTER you lost.

know when to stop, don't keep queuing if can feel a loss steak coming along.

Interesting idea! Wouldn't Ingoring them be better, though, to then guarantee that you never get in with them (and if enough people ignored, they would never get a pop)? Or does Ranked treat Ignore differently?

putting them on your friends list allows you to see when they are in a match, so you know when to queue (basically when they enter a match queue this might not work 100% of the time depending on amount of people queuing and if the matches are quick

also I'm pretty sure putting a player on ignore doesn't effect the PvP queue.

Edited by benmas

Thats the question.

Been playing a lot of matches and looks like I'm ****ed up for the rest of the season.

Always I que there is a thrower that will leave match or some useless bad in the team (bad marauders/snipers getting globaled at the begining) or a free global (lighting sorc, jugg and pt).

So, how in the **** I can get better rating?

I must carry a legion of bads to get it or there is a secret I don't know?

Play merc or sniper.

And second, stop caring about your rating too much.

Interesting idea! Wouldn't Ingoring them be better, though, to then guarantee that you never get in with them (and if enough people ignored, they would never get a pop)? Or does Ranked treat Ignore differently?

Ignore doesn't work in PVP.

You will still get in the same match with the bad player you ignored...

You can not really affect your rating yourself. You can certainly help it along the way through gear, experience and the "right" class, but you can be the very best player in your class and still end up at the bottom of the barrel. Ranked simply have too many variables for individual players to truly affect the outcome:

• Wintreaders / hackers
  • Leaves / AFK'ers
  • PvEplayers (with no gear and/or no pvp experience)
  • Team composition (this is the big one)
  • Class imbalance
  • Poor implementation of ELO (queue pops have priority over proper ELO I suspect)
  • Queue syncing

Sure you can try to queue dodge some players, but the population is really too small for such tactics (i.e. you will have to wait longer and longer to play). From what I can see it's mostly about luck. Did you get Harasin, Oskay and Ebola on your team? Congrats, you have (probably) won. Did you get a PT on your team? Congrats, you have surely lost. Random and luck.

Full disclosure: I am mostly running an op this season, and so far I am 50/50. I can do my part if both sides are equally matched, but mercs, snipers and maras seems to be the better classes at the moment. If there are any ops with +1500 rating (who hasn't cheated...) please post some videos and allow me to learn from you.

You can not really affect your rating yourself. You can certainly help it along the way through gear, experience and the "right" class, but you can be the very best player in your class and still end up at the bottom of the barrel. Ranked simply have too many variables for individual players to truly affect the outcome:
sorry dude but you are 100% wrong

Full disclosure: I am mostly running an op this season, and so far I am 50/50. I can do my part if both sides are equally matched, but mercs, snipers and maras seems to be the better classes at the moment. If there are any ops with +1500 rating (who hasn't cheated...) please post some videos and allow me to learn from you.
Asana was a top 3 operative DPS last season. This season, he had a brutal first ten games and placed in the 900s. From the boards I can see he's already climbed to 1600+. He will climb to 2500+ if he cares to put in the effort.

Is SR pretty random? You bet. But this doesn't make it impossible to climb, it just makes it grindy. I'll use asana as an example again. Someone like him isn't going to turn horribly unwinnable games like anyone else but he has a huge impact on the winnable ones, and over time this impact slowly adds up. And so he will reliably climb, as can anyone else who pulls their weight. If you play at a 2K rating level, you'll hit something like 2K rating if you keep at it.

Answer me this? The Galactic Command Panel has an option to switch to on Tank/DPS or just Tank or just DPS. Ok i am a Jugg Tank, i dont like playing as tank on that toon all the time, i like to be DPS and not worry about the duties of a Tank. So i thought that option was to set it to Tank/DPS, then it will use a 50/50 chance of going into a match as tank or dps. Or you just pick tank and you would go into match as a tank all the time or the same with just the DPS option. But since the galactic command been out, i set it for Tank/DPS and to no avail it always puts me in all pvp matches as tank. So i switched it to just dps. And it still wont put me in as what i have it set for, is it a bug or am i not getting the meaning of this option right?

thx....

Answer me this? The Galactic Command Panel has an option to switch to on Tank/DPS or just Tank or just DPS. Ok i am a Jugg Tank, i dont like playing as tank on that toon all the time, i like to be DPS and not worry about the duties of a Tank. So i thought that option was to set it to Tank/DPS, then it will use a 50/50 chance of going into a match as tank or dps. Or you just pick tank and you would go into match as a tank all the time or the same with just the DPS option. But since the galactic command been out, i set it for Tank/DPS and to no avail it always puts me in all pvp matches as tank. So i switched it to just dps. And it still wont put me in as what i have it set for, is it a bug or am i not getting the meaning of this option right?

thx....

in PVP your role is based on whatever spec you are in at the time of queuing, as you cannot respec once you're in game

the only reason you can select multiple roles for PVE is that you can always respec based on the situation in the flashpoint or operation or whatever. by queuing that way you're just signallling your willingness to switch if need be, which is not an option in pvp

Edited by yellow_

in PVP your role is based on whatever spec you are in at the time of queuing, as you cannot respec once you're in game

the only reason you can select multiple roles for PVE is that you can always respec based on the situation in the flashpoint or operation or whatever. by queuing that way you're just signallling your willingness to switch if need be, which is not an option in pvp

Oh i see, i dont do Ops and rarely i do FP so i didnt think of them being part of that option i just figure it was for pvp.

Ok, Got ya, Thanks for the Enlightenment.....

Asana was a top 3 operative DPS last season. This season, he had a brutal first ten games and placed in the 900s. From the boards I can see he's already climbed to 1600+. He will climb to 2500+ if he cares to put in the effort.

Is SR pretty random? You bet. But this doesn't make it impossible to climb, it just makes it grindy. I'll use asana as an example again. Someone like him isn't going to turn horribly unwinnable games like anyone else but he has a huge impact on the winnable ones, and over time this impact slowly adds up. And so he will reliably climb, as can anyone else who pulls their weight. If you play at a 2K rating level, you'll hit something like 2K rating if you keep at it.

Sorry bro... If I dig deeper in what you've said here we will arrive to the conclusion that: "STOP queing when things go dire"

And YEs, you need to make a huge impact on the winnable games, I am totally with you on this one too, BUT what if there aren't many winnable matches around for you considering who is in que and you dont have the bet rating, the chance of getting teamed up with them is pretty high which will result in more losses.

I am not the best player around, but I am far from being a complete nab. My rating however is that of a complete nab. If after 10 games I land in 900s, I cannot get out of that zone ever. I am getting the most garbage leavers, throwers, farmers,, green gears who don't exist int he game at all.

I have to stop que if I see trouble ?YES, but I feel like playing ranked. and I que and I lost 11 games in a row and win 5. is it good ?

I gain 100 elo in one night to lose 60 the next day. It's really garbage and you just don't feel like bothering too much again and just do it for the 100k comms and the rewards.

The more you play something the better you should be at it, but in case of ranked, the more I que one after another, the bigger the chances of getting into garbage teams and losing all the rating you've gained.

It's pretty clear that Team Ranked is the only viable form of competitive PVP out there, but weirdly enough it's pretty dead and hard to find groups for it. even on Red Eclipse. Very few teams are in que.

Ranked favors certain classes and operative is one of them. Self heal with stealth and roll and endless stun fest ? Yes sir. that one can carry other ppl, But I don't play Oper< I play sin and Mara. No self heals: harder to carry.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Sorry dude but I am 100% right. It's all about luck, cheating and at least being able to pull your own. I had a good started and ended with +1400 and now I am stuck in the 1200 bracket. I don't care how awesome epic this asana guy is, even he can not carry half his team. If he goes from 900 to +2000 he is either the luckiest guy around or he is cheating.

Like this: https://i.imgur.com/CYmPmRs.jpg

Sniper, Merc, Sin vs. Oper, Sorc, Sin. Completely unbalanced DPS wise and nothing I can do.

Edited by Lundorff

Sorry dude but I am 100% right. It's all about luck, cheating and at least being able to pull your own. I had a good started and ended with +1400 and now I am stuck in the 1200 bracket. I don't care how awesome epic this asana guy is, even he can not carry half his team. If he goes from 900 to +2000 he is either the luckiest guy around or he is cheating.

Like this: https://i.imgur.com/CYmPmRs.jpg

Sniper, Merc, Sin vs. Oper, Sorc, Sin. Completely unbalanced DPS wise and nothing I can do.

Are you sure ? You are making the assumptions based on what ? ;)

Just tried my merc for the first time, and of course I get PVE-players with gear rating 206 and both matches had a guy that left after first round. You can not have a functional ELO system with this many variable out of your control. God I hate this game.

Edit: 3 matches out of 4 all had leavers. Idk if they are wintrading or not, it's completely ¤#%¤#&%#¤""¤#"

Edited by Lundorff

Sure about what? That he is either cheating or extremely lucky? Going from 900 to +2000 requires a win ratio of epic proportions with this ELO system.

The official explanation from ranked players is that you have to be able to carry others in order to improve your win loss ratio.

Yes.. there are high chances that you will end up in garbage teams especially in 900-1000 bracket so you have to dps of 2 ppl in case you have that Jugg with green gear on your team.

Operative can pull that off with the help of endless self heals and stealth, however for a sin or a mara it's much harder.

I am not sure how does one get form 900 to 2500 but after my first 10 games which were all lost I was 910 and I got up to 1050. After that I am stuck in that region and cannot get out of it.

I am not lucky it seems. ;)

I don't think there is any magic formula here. Mathematically speaking if you are not a PVP god that can survive 3 ppl hammering you, you will have a tough time cimbing ranks but can still do it with the right strategy(know when to que and when to stop).

There was this sin yesterday in enemy team with gold flair and he was "garbage" and yes.. his team was trash so he was trash too as he couldn't do the job of 2 ppl obviously.

Operative can pull that off with the help of endless self heals and stealth, however for a sin or a mara it's much harder.

Both sins and maras are in a better spot than con-ops at the moment. I mean sure it could happen occasionally that you carry your team, but it's not possible as a constant.