Set bonus questions

Shadowsite

So I notice all Pyro PTs are using the PvP Eliminator set bonus, (+15% CRC on RS) but then I took a look at the PvE gear, and found the Combat Tech set bonus gives 8% dmg on RS. So isn't it more worth taking all the mods except the armoring and putting them into the PvE gear? I don't even play PT I just wanted to see everyone's opinions.

Please keep it civil.

So I notice all Pyro PTs are using the PvP Eliminator set bonus, (+15% CRC on RS) but then I took a look at the PvE gear, and found the Combat Tech set bonus gives 8% dmg on RS. So isn't it more worth taking all the mods except the armoring and putting them into the PvE gear? I don't even play PT I just wanted to see everyone's opinions.

Please keep it civil.

Nope - not worth it for Pyro PVP. You would lose way too much Expertise, and, in turn, too much damage mitigation.

In fact, there's a lot of people running Pyro DPS that swear by using the old BM/Champ/Cent shells for the +15% RS Crit Chance bonus in PVE. Just slap in non-set PVE Armoring 27's and PVE Mod/Enhancement 27's. By being able to crit RS more often, it's a much larger DPS gain than a straight 8% damage buff. That's the intention, anyways.

Please keep it civil.

That would be an unwise decision for 2 reasons:

1. The PVP set puts out more sustained damage. That is why pve pyro's try to get that set.

2. The PVP set provides more burst damage. More crits for rail shot = more reliable burst

Edited by bbare

By being able to crit RS more often, it's a much larger DPS gain than a straight 8% damage buff. That's the intention, anyways.

Whats your definition of "much larger"? The pvp set bonus does 3-4% more dmg.

0.15(increased crit chance) * 76 (surge) = 11.4%.

Whereas the pve set bonus gives you a flat 8% increase.

Whats your definition of "much larger"? The pvp set bonus does 3-4% more dmg.

0.15(increased crit chance) * 76 (surge) = 11.4%.

Whereas the pve set bonus gives you a flat 8% increase.

That math is incorrect. You are forgetting that the critical bonus damage is increased by an extra 30% with firebug skill. So it would do .15(106) - 8 = 7.9% Taking into account rail shot puts up about 25-30% of your overall damage, it is about a 2.3% increase in overall damage. I would say that is significant.

You are right. I totally forgot about that. And dont get me wrong. The PVP set bonus is superior. But since you cant get it anymore without sacrificing aim+end you are only left with the PVE set bonus. And even if its not better then the PVP one, its still better to have the PVE one then not having one at all.

Nope - not worth it for Pyro PVP. You would lose way too much Expertise, and, in turn, too much damage mitigation.

In fact, there's a lot of people running Pyro DPS that swear by using the old BM/Champ/Cent shells for the +15% RS Crit Chance bonus in PVE. Just slap in non-set PVE Armoring 27's and PVE Mod/Enhancement 27's. By being able to crit RS more often, it's a much larger DPS gain than a straight 8% damage buff. That's the intention, anyways.

ok cool was just wondering.

P.S: Love your vids, Malkiv!

That math is incorrect. You are forgetting that the critical bonus damage is increased by an extra 30% with firebug skill. So it would do .15(106) - 8 = 7.9% Taking into account rail shot puts up about 25-30% of your overall damage, it is about a 2.3% increase in overall damage. I would say that is significant.

You need to take into account the ~40% crit you already have. (Run it as the marginal difference between 40% and 55%).

PvP slim still pulls ahead, but not by quite that much.

Alas, I'm stuck with pve bonus, as I only recently started dpsing instead of tanking on my ptech.