The betrayer arc makes no sense: Iokath, Umbara, Copero, Nathema *spoilers*

Burana

Especially considering Iokath technically still belongs to the Alliance.

And we technically still have the ships that came with the people of the Alliance who may decide to stay on Odessen no matter which side you chose.

We could even have a flagship that looks cool, seriously i always found the Gravestone quite hideous.

We must rebuild the fleet!

We'll also need a army ... at the cost of wiping out the Rakata, I know someone who can literally create us a new army.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh we are finally moved to the Spoilers, aren't we. I was curious why we were allowed to spoil the fertilizer out of it in gen forum...oh who am I kidding, of course I were not, what with the latest article on Community News saying "05.31.2017 See what's next for SWTOR with Producer Keith Kanneg!". :D Anyway, hi mods! How's vacation? :D

When I first played through Umbarra--it was like being hit by a ton of bricks. When Crisis on Umbarra initially dropped, my boyfriend had broken-up with me six months prior (also my first romantic relationship), so I was emotionally frazzled. Then idiot spy boyfriend betrays my Nox, who spared Jedi just because Theron asked nicely. My mind raced for explanations for this sudden twist. Some of you have already mentioned some of the thoughts to explain Theron's actions: hacked implants, conditioning via drugs or the Force, they had Satele (I also thought that Satele may have joined the Order and brought him in). I had been hoping that Aygo was the traitor and was looking forward to having Admiral Rankin replace him. I have never liked Bothans.

I have a bit of personal head-canon that Theron is introduced to the Imperial PCs long before we first encounter him via an initial audio transmission on Manaan. During the Black Talon flashpoint, we first encounter his mom, and given the nature of the Republic operation we were seeking to foil, the SIS was obviously heavily involved in the defection of the unnamed General. It is only natural to logically assume that Theron would have been with Satele as SIS liaison for this op. When we were chatting with Satele, Spyboy was likely observing.

I largely agree with the problems a number of you have pointed out in the story arc, specifically with Copero. The motivations of Valss and Zenta. Did Theron manage to work some romantic mojo on only Valss or on both of them? :eek: Valss words during the fight with him stuck me indicative of a strong attachment to Theron. Not knowing anything about Valss' vision makes his motivations for helping Theron--and his true agenda--a mystery to us. There were also many other options--as several of you have mentioned--for Theron to have told us (and perhaps Lana) about his plans and concerns about shadowy conspiracies.

However, I think Theron's personality precluded him from taking any of these sensible steps. Theron has deep-seeded mommy and daddy issues--and the daddy issues are unable to be resolved. We have to remember that Theron has been through Hell. Siding with the Empire means he helps you kill his own father--an act that would weigh heavily on his psyche even without all his double-agent scheming. Theron has been alone for so long that he doesn't know how to depend upon other people--and let them in fully and trust them implicitly.

On the issue of LI's and cut-scene time: Theron is my favorite LI, and I have played all the classes m&f to sample all of them. I find Theron to be the most appealing, with Torian in second- and Telos in third-place and all the other's in last. Lana might have bumped Talos, but I find her look in Forged Alliances and SoR to be too doll-like and her look post-Ziost to be too hard. Voice acting of all four is fine, but Theron's psychological hang-ups are too tantalizing for me not to be attracted to. Making sure that we are all properly catered to regarding LI cut-scene time is a daunting challenge for BioWare. First, there is a percentage of users still waiting to be reunited with their Lis as not all of the vanilla romanceable comps have returned. Second, financial resources, studio time and other production considerations are not infinite. Hopefully, now that Anthem is nearly finished and out the gate, TOR can get access to additional resources. This could permit more companions to return. I also want to suggest to those of you still waiting for your LI reunion: roll a new toon and keep him or her out with you all the time. This will increase the aggregate time that that particular companion is being used. This is likely a metric that BW uses to aid with deciding on companion returns.

Edited by robwettengel

I really don't know.

Maybe he feared the Order had a backup plan, maybe GEM-16 got the location as well and staying with the Order was his best chance for us to be able to catch up and stop them, but it's pretty unclear at this point.

Or maybe he wanted the fleet destroyed while saving the Commander, so that he'd be able to fly away with his lover :rolleyes:

It's actually pretty frustrating at this point that all that is so open to interpretation and personnal guess, including Valss :(

Actually yes I think Gemini must have gotten the map coordinates from Theron’s implants right away, so I don’t think he would have been able to do anything else about it. Why do I say this? Because Scorpio in Kotfe transmitted to Theron coordinates and information through his implants. We see this in the chapter we take on The gemini on the ship, she blocks off theron, senya and lana, and Scorpio transmits new coordinates for him to take, through his implants.

So its possible Gemini might not be looking at him directly, just tracking from the point of view of his implants. So when he puts the tracker on the ship, he doesn’t change his gaze, so gemini couldnt see from that point of view of his eyes/implant, that he was placing that transmission.