I Love Corso Riggs

silvershadows

But what concerns me the most is that Corso has (around) 8000k affection in my playthrough, he accepts the gifts (Rank 3 - military gift/weapon) and he gains only 11 affection, other gifts (Rank 1, 2 etc.) he just... doesn't gain anything. I understand, that he won't gain affection from Rank 1 or 2, ...but from 4? Am I doing something wrong? I'm soo confused by this, 'cause Corso is such a complicated guy!

the higher the rank of the gift, the more affection points you earn (as long as they like it). so yes, you will gain affection from ranked 4 gifts.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corso seems to be a decent fellow.

So of course people hate him.

My scoundrel disagrees....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-01-2620-31-05-63.jpg

Deal with it...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-02-0218-20-51-67_zps2ea3b696.jpg

:D

the higher the rank of the gift, the more affection points you earn (as long as they like it). so yes, you will gain affection from ranked 4 gifts.

Yep, Corso now gains affection from Rank 4 ^^ (I'm really dumb sometimes D: )

Corso seems to be a decent fellow.

So of course people hate him.

My scoundrel disagrees....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-01-2620-31-05-63.jpg

Deal with it...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-02-0218-20-51-67_zps2ea3b696.jpg

Haha :D I love her expressions c: She's like: "You don't like the farmboy? Well, see if I care!"

Edited by mustresist

XD love her "haters gonna hate" face.

Yeah, she's got some good ones. That plus the snarky awesomeness that is the female smuggler voice makes it fun.

I'm a little reluctant to pick favorites among the smuggler companions so far. Game-wise, Corso actually works better with my scoundrel, though I've tried Bowdaar and he works pretty well as a tank if you mod his armor and weapons well enough. Risha's not that great at taking hits and I may save her for large groups of weak and standard mobs. Personality-wise, I find different things about them that make me like them.

Example: I'm not sure why people complain about Corso being a "farm boy" or whatever. If he were a sophisticated city type he'd probably start singing from the Star Wars equivalent of Gilbert and Sullivan whenever they started sneaking around. Which would annoy my scoundrel.

With cat-like tread (KER-THUMP!)

Upon our prey we steal (KER-THUMP!)

In silence dread (KER-THUMP!)

Our cautious way we feel (KER-THUMP!)

NO SOUND AT ALL (KER-THUMP!)

We never speak a word (KER-THUMP!)

A fly's foot-fall would be DISTIIINCTLY heard.... (TRUMPETS)

LOL.

if Corso were a sophisticated city, i probably wouldn't like him as much. i have a thing for guys with old fashioned values. not to mention...i know some people who live and work on farms. they are not flimsy in the least. when you have to wrestle with cows for a living, you start growing muscles in places you didn't know existed. kinda fitting that Corso would be a tank.

From a guy's perspective: I really like Corso. He sticks by the smuggler through thick and thin, and is always upbeat. I think my favorite part was

on Taris, when my scoundrelly scoundrel was about to get in to it, as it were, with Beryl Thorne. Corso quickly picks up on the situation and says "uh, I'm just gonna go count the rackgouls".

I lol'd.

I like him, but he doesn't seem to like my Dark Side ways. This one time...

...on Nar Shadaa, I found out that his cousin was slinging spice. She was doing so well for herself I decided to double up and buy her as my own employee. That PO'd Corso to no end.

:rak_03:

Fortunately, I had a nice cache of weapons to hand him. That seemed to perk him up.

Also,

he ran off and entertained Risha one evening so she'd be somewhere else when I hooked up with Akaavi. That's a true bro move for you.

Also,

he ran off and entertained Risha one evening so she'd be somewhere else when I hooked up with Akaavi. That's a true bro move for you.

Hm.

Hopefully that means he'll entertain Akaavi when my gunslinger hooks up with Risha.

Though I'm glad none of our toons can hear us. I'm sure my scoundrel would turn around and yell at me for humming the "Mission: Impossible" theme when she's using her stealth belt.

:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Ha, looks like Corso has some competition...

Before I got Vector and Doc (squee!) I was sure, that Corso's the best for me in TOR, but... I was wrong!

Offtopic:

But what hurts me the most is that I picked the wrong decision and...

I refused to marry Doc and pressed escape as fast as I could, but... ;_____________;

I'm cryin' now... B-but Corso and Vector will make me f-feel better!

Need...more...ice-cream... and I don't care if it's still cold outside!

Edited by mustresist

• 1 month later...
Ha, looks like Corso have some competition...

Before I got Vector and Doc (squee!) I was sure, that Corso's the best for me in TOR, but... I was wrong!

Offtopic:

But what hurts me the most is that I picked the wrong decision and...

I refused to marry Doc and pressed escape as fast as I could, but... ;_____________;

I'm cryin' now... B-but Corso and Vector will make me f-feel better!

Need...more...ice-cream... and I don't care if it's still cold outside!

Ouch! And the wedding-scene with Doc is so sweet. I feel your pain :(

I'm sure a nice convo with Corso or Vector will make it better. Hmm... I really enjoyed the romance with both Corso and Doc, perhaps it's time to roll an imperial agent?

• 2 weeks later...
Ouch! And the wedding-scene with Doc is so sweet. I feel your pain :(

I'm sure a nice convo with Corso or Vector will make it better. Hmm... I really enjoyed the romance with both Corso and Doc, perhaps it's time to roll an imperial agent?

Vector's awesome too. I mean, the guy takes two hours to eat a nutrition bar so you know that he definitely tends to take his time on all of the important things... (nudge, nudge). ;)

But Corso does indeed have the award for Best Fade to Black. Ever. :D

• 2 months later...

Just recently said to Corso "I'm no lady." and his reply blew me away. Now, first of all I will tell you that i am a male IRL, but Corso is just awesome because... really if I could fire a gun and had more confidence, I'd be just like Corso... the things he says, the way he views women... I love him.

Especially this reply to my saying "I'm no lady"...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/RagabashMoon/Screenshot_2013-07-10_14_09_02_893582.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/RagabashMoon/Screenshot_2013-07-10_14_09_08_179884.jpg

• 1 year later...

I am totally in love with Corso. I hate to give away plot points, but he just asked my smuggler, Captain Aelisha, to marry him. Of course, I said yes. It's really cool when the developers but in a little something to please the female players!

Aelantha

I am totally in love with Corso. I hate to give away plot points, but he just asked my smuggler, Captain Aelisha, to marry him. Of course, I said yes. It's really cool when the developers but in a little something to please the female players!

Aelantha

Pfft. My gunslinger is totally gonna be like NO. She's a free captain, she won't be tied down. Don't get me wrong, I like Corso but he's so over the top chivalrous sometimes, it makes me nauseous. Though I do love his definition of what a lady is. I think he needs to keep it in mind though, a lot of times he forgets his own definition in his over the top chivalry. Then as for my scoundrel, she has a policy against dating crew.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

• 8 months later...

So glad it's not just me. My poor smuggler girl is just pining away, fighting the grief not knowing where he is, if he's alive, if he's moved on. She's throwing herself into all these dangerous missions because it distracts her from the pain.

Too much? I'm a wreck. I don't care if he's just a game character, his voice is real, and I miss him!