Reason Smash/Sweep will not be nerfed

HELLCAMAWALKN

When we get the new level cap Bioware will be changeing skill trees as well, I am sure that all of you that complain will have a new complaint about something else that makes you suck at PVP. So if you read this please chill out and wait for the expansion.

Food for thought.... a hybrid spec shadow and alot of other build/classes can put up alot higher damage numbers than focus spec guardians and juggs. You can balance the classes but you cant balance the people playing them

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they can't. I've played a pyro PT, all specs of Assassin and a rage marauder, among other classes.

You know how you can tell a good PT? He'll do about 20% more damage than the second best score in the game. You know how you know a good Rage player? He'll have double the second best's score.

That's the potential damage of the spec. If you're not doing at least 50% more damage than an Assassin you're slacking and can work some more on bettering your game. Personal experience.

When we get the new level cap Bioware will be changeing skill trees as well, I am sure that all of you that complain will have a new complaint about something else that makes you suck at PVP. So if you read this please chill out and wait for the expansion.

Food for thought.... a hybrid spec shadow and alot of other build/classes can put up alot higher damage numbers than focus spec guardians and juggs. You can balance the classes but you cant balance the people playing them

What?

The problem with smash spec isn't about 1v1. It's about multiple Rage spec jumping and insta-killing a group of up to 5.

If it wasn't auto-crit, you'd have a chance, but AoE auto-crit of 5K X 3-4 players = 15k hp gone in 1 GCD on multiple people. If 3-4 PT wanna focus you, fine. It still won't be AoE, 1 people will die. You can't nerf focus fire, but Smash as it is now is like focus fire for the noobs.

Plus don't forget that a well speced Jugg will have 4 sec of immunity and 20% dmg reduction after a leap, making them impossible to CC or control before the have the time to unleash the Smash.

A good hybrid spec shadow can put up 700-800k damage in a warzone

So can a bad rage jugg so that argument seems null to me.

Personally, I'm fine with smashers. There just needs to be other options for people to view as worthy of rolling to thin out the WZs being stacked with them. While there are some other options, nothing is more appealing to a bad PvP player than the ability to put out these numbers and hide behind them claiming they are something they aren't, talented...

While other character builds fall under this same assumption, it's not as apparent as the rage specand thus we are overcrowded with them. Sure some other classes can put out these numbers so why aren't they as abundant?

Edited by Master_Nate

A good hybrid spec shadow can put up 700-800k damage in a warzone

This is nonsense. Big numbers from any class requires time on target which means healing. More healing is more time is more damage. Having said as much, a good smasher WILL dominate the field and the score board. And because its an AOE, guaranteed crit with a DMG multiplier, stacking multiple smashers is not only imbalanced, it's flat out broken. No other reasonable conclusion can be drawn.

Edited by Sowwy

This is nonsense. Big numbers from any class requires time on target which means healing. More healing is more time is more damage. Having said as much, a good smasher WILL dominate the field and the score board. And because its an AOE, guaranteed crit with a DMG multiplier, stacking multiple smashers is not only imbalanced, it's flat out broken. No other reasonable conclusion can be drawn.

Dominate the score board sure, but not the field.

PT Pyro is still the number 1 damage dealer in the field. The number of smashers (respecs+ original specs+new rollers) in pugs is causing most of the complaints. You can call it broken, but it's just popular. Before 1.4 rage was pretty much a jugg only spec. The changes made it viable for an already powerful AC with a huge population, maras.

An adjustment will happen, but I doubt they will break the class. The dps will still be there.

This is correct!

Also, forum damage numbers are always grossly inflated, but the fact is that smashers dominate the total damage output atm.

we have a while before the expansion comes out. i will not be waiting months for a class balance.

this is a game breaking OP in my eyes.

Definitely not the biggest balance problem I've seen in an MMO... maybe over reacting a little considering the time line? It's not like it's been this way since release and the dev's have addressed it somewhat.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Definitely not the biggest balance problem I've seen in an MMO... maybe over reacting a little considering the time line? It's not like it's been this way since release and the dev's have addressed it somewhat.

its been like this for too long though. a OP skill like this should be addressed and fixed within 60 days of it being first reported.

But other classes that were deemed to be OP were nerfed within a couple weeks. Not months down the line.

My theory as to why they have not received adjustment is simply the F2P option of SWTOR now. Since it is a game based on the SW universe, the chances are that anyone wanting to try out the game is going to roll a jedi/sith. To keep these individuals motivated and possibly hook them on pvp they need to have a class that is high in defense, high in damage numbers, and relatively easy to play.

Yes, a really good smasher is obvious to everyone, but even someone that has had a relatively short time in playing their toon can put up numbers that are comparative to other classes.

Smashers won't be adjusted until the F2P population stabilizes which probably won't happen until the xpac. However, how many people will sit and wait for a possible readjustment that might take another 3-4 months to get here?