BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

The knockback is ineffective because force leaps/charges, and obliterates can be used while the opponent is still in mid-air. They don't even have to land. In less than a second they've back on you, and you've recharged their shockwave so they can crit-smash you again.

He's just a noob troll that thinks he knows what he's talking about. Don't feed his appetite.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you guys are getting destroyed cause you are still trying to figure out how to move and use your insta cast moves on the go here is what I can do at level 17

http://i47.tinypic.com/m78kfs.jpg

Sorry for it being blurry.

Name Analette, level 17 in pic (now 21)

Damage 340053

If you don't believe me just look it up I play on POTF and will be on later tonight if you guys want help with your class just send me a tell and I'd be more then happy to try.

While you guys are getting destroyed cause you are still trying to figure out how to move and use your insta cast moves on the go here is what I can do at level 17

Damage 340053

If you don't believe me just look it up I play on POTF and will be on later tonight if you guys want help with your class just send me a tell and I'd be more then happy to try.

cant tell if serious.

I think this is a learn to play issue. At level 17 I've done 1v1's against 40 melee classes coming out on top. From my experince as playing mostly melee I notice mercs don't use all their tools and just stand there while they get shreaded.

Learn to kite and learn to play.

One moment I need to check my pulse; might have died from laughing.

You should be a comedian.

I just started playing a merc and this is what I have to say.

Mercs to lack some form of instant escape like a sorc.

However unlike sorcs mercs have a ton of insta cast high damage moves

All mercs-explosive dart, railshot, rocket punch, missleblast (Not recomended for spam lol)

Exclusive moves- Thermal grenade, incendiary missle, heatseeker missle,

Not to mention instant damage channel moves, flamethrower, unload.

A 360 degree knock back that throws out a slow and can be talented to 4 more meters.

I think this is a learn to play issue. At level 17 I've done 1v1's against 40 melee classes coming out on top. From my experince as playing mostly melee I notice mercs don't use all their tools and just stand there while they get shreaded.

Learn to kite and learn to play.

Wow....just wow.....I'm speechless.

Might I inquire as to how many rated warzones you have done at level 17?

the 10-49 bracket is in no way representative of performance of a class at level 50, or of that class at the highest level of play.

you are going against opponents who do not have all of their abilities, all of their talent points, etc. as a Merc, this means you are potentially (likely tbh) facing opponents with no interrupt, fewer utility abilities, etc etc.

in the lowbie bracket, melee classes really do not come into their own until the high 30s to low 40s. they dont have all of their utility skills for staying alive, closing gaps, etc yet. which gives range the slight upperhand.

Merc is very good in the lowbie bracket. But that is not a competitive environment. I hope that clears things up so that we can all stop feeding the troll/ignorant person

the 10-49 bracket is in no way representative of performance of a class at level 50, or of that class at the highest level of play.

you are going against opponents who do not have all of their abilities, all of their talent points, etc. as a Merc, this means you are potentially (likely tbh) facing opponents with no interrupt, fewer utility abilities, etc etc.

in the lowbie bracket, melee classes really do not come into their own until the high 30s to low 40s. they dont have all of their utility skills for staying alive, closing gaps, etc yet. which gives range the slight upperhand.

Merc is very good in the lowbie bracket. But that is not a competitive environment. I hope that clears things up so that we can all stop feeding the troll/ignorant person

Not to mention gear. Other classes' damage really starts ramping up as they get war hero gear. Commando does too, but not to the extent of others. Smash in the lowbie bracket is ok. In the 50 bracket it's insane.

Damage 340053

i was there buddy...and i got some pretty decent credentials. server 1st BM, VR67 pre 1.2, etc.

you have no effing clue what the fook you are talking about.

10-49 is by no means a representation of what PvP is post 50, and not even on the same planet as RANKED.

all i can tell you is:

it's better to remain quite and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

these guys in here know what they are talking about. (especially, Cash, AALBC, and a few others i would consider the MOST knowledgable Mercs)

you do not.

i got pages of 400k 60+ kill matches pre 50...

Edited by T-Assassin

The sadest thing at all is that even so many constructive and cool ideas to fix merc/mando BW don't giva a damn. They probably don't even read this thread anymore. I higly doubt about any changes in upcoming 1.7. Nice thing that our cause has very big social support, even no merc/commados are here, so thx. I don't know is there any bigger hate/QQ topic on PvP - and hate/QQ in the best way it can be :).

For now i just need my 30 m stun back... (not this breaks on dmg, casted, PVE crap)

The sadest thing at all is that even so many constructive and cool ideas to fix merc/mando BW don't giva a damn. They probably don't even read this thread anymore. I higly doubt about any changes in upcoming 1.7. Nice thing that our cause has very big social support, even no merc/commados are here, so thx. I don't know is there any bigger hate/QQ topic on PvP - and hate/QQ in the best way it can be :).

For now i just need my 30 m stun back... (not this breaks on dmg, casted, PVE crap)

That's quite optimistic of you. I personally don't think they ever read this thread. The BW post notwithstanding.

That's quite optimistic of you. I personally don't think they ever read this thread. The BW post notwithstanding.

i'm not sure they read it or not.

but, what i am pretty sure of, is they don't give a damn about the community or their ideas.

they have in-house testers and metrics to record and provide all the data they need.

they don't need a bunch of consumers telling them how to code, balance, and run their game. <---sarcasm from the comsumer point of view.

i'm fed up. overly fed up.

i'm nobody special, other than a loyal and paying customer, that has been here since early beta. i've seen the death of dps Operative, the rise of thae tank'sin, the nerf of the Merc, and the continued strengthening of sniper and SW/JK.

i've pre-ordered Makeb. but, that will be the last $$$ i give, if this Merc situation (and OWPvP/class balance) issues are not addressed and fixed.

if they won't listen to me here, then maybe they will hear me when i stop paying. (highly doubtful, still :( )

Edited by T-Assassin

The sad thing to me is, I bet we won't see any changes until "Spring 2013" when they change our abilities to accommodate the +5 levels they're giving us...why would they waste their time?!

i predict that whatever new abilities are given will cause even more imbalance between the classes. bioware has proven time and time again that they fail at figuring out balance internally

The sad thing to me is, I bet we won't see any changes until "Spring 2013" when they change our abilities to accommodate the +5 levels they're giving us...why would they waste their time?!

i missh ow the game was back in 1.2 things worked their was very little ************, apart from the people that wanted everythign t then n there

i predict that whatever new abilities are given will cause even more imbalance between the classes. bioware has proven time and time again that they fail at figuring out balance internally

Oh absolutely. They rely far too heavily on their "metrics"...and the numbers don't always present the total picture. Actual PLAYING of a class, by the best players at the top ranks, tells the true story, not sub 50 PvP testing.

Yea there's pretty much a 0.0% chance for any class balancing before 1.7 when 5 new levels are added.

Could you think of a better way to waste resources than to update the classes a few months before you add 5 new levels and a bunch of new abilities?

There's no way the new stuff will be balanced, but thats good for Mercs. We have nothing to lose. It might just turn out that we get the most love with some sick level 55 abilities, even if by accident.

Yea there's pretty much a 0.0% chance for any class balancing before 1.7 when 5 new levels are added.

Could you think of a better way to waste resources than to update the classes a few months before you add 5 new levels and a bunch of new abilities?

There's no way the new stuff will be balanced, but thats good for Mercs. We have nothing to lose. It might just turn out that we get the most love with some sick level 55 abilities, even if by accident.

Not 1.7 sir...Makeb, the expansion. "Spring of 2013", not 1.7.

I still think they'd be wise to test a few things on our class prior to Makeb. See what works and what doesn't.

Not 1.7 sir...Makeb, the expansion. "Spring of 2013", not 1.7.

I still think they'd be wise to test a few things on our class prior to Makeb. See what works and what doesn't.

I'm going to assume Makeb will be 2.0, which I'm guessing will hit around May/June.