Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

EricMusco

So why haven’t you considered moving the move a week early so that the EU players can enjoy their day off? No word on that?

I distinctly remember that you would seriously consider it but sofar no word on it.

I stand corrected, apparently they did choose a different date.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith did you guys moved servers considerably? I people reporting way different pings vs. what they had yesterday. East Coast players that used to have pings to Harbinger of 100 - 150 now that have 40 - 70, opposite for west coast players where their ping increased drastically.

edit: nvm just saw Keith explanation of the datacenters

Edited by DarthHammer

So the hardware and software update was to reduce the footprint (Carbon?) and may result in additional lag for people.

So aside from the footprint is there any upside for the players? Is this inline with any improvements to the game experience, graphics or gameplay?

Is it just me or can anyone else not login right now? I get the "Unable to retrieve patch data" error and can't start the game from the launcher. Obviously my internet connection works fine and a restart of my machine didn't help :(

My location is Germany like the pre-poster here having the same problem. Not quite sure if this is a bug or feature...

Edited by Jerim_Tir

Launer need up to 5min to start. After this i get the Message:

Patch-Data can't detected. Please check your internet connection. (208)

Internet connection are very well (100MBit/s).

I made it as far as server select screen and then it just sits there. FWIW, I am also in Germany.

Conquest Tab completely blank. Double checked it with guild and fleet. I thought we talked about not dropping the ball this time?

no conquest until after the server merges though BW stated we will still be able to get our own personal rewards, just no guild ones

Same here, error 208.

2017-10-24 18:19:11 INFO ManifestState=GetManifest: , current=-1/upcoming=0/required=0
2017-10-24 18:19:11 INFO Download: http://manifest.swtor.com/patch/patcher2017.patchmanifest (159.153.92.50 )
2017-10-24 18:20:00 ERROR Patch manifest state error in patcher2017: DownloadFail (8) (e208)
2017-10-24 18:20:00 INFO Going Offline
2017-10-24 18:20:00 INFO Patching end
2017-10-24 18:20:56 INFO User presses exit - E:(false,Error Text) NE:(true,Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (208))
2017-10-24 18:20:56 INFO Closed launcher

Yeah, my internet connection is fine, thanks. YOURS appears to be b0rked.

Eh? It's late for me, I didn't understand this?

Download the client from the website the setup.exe. And do the installation again. But you dont have to delete the folder, if you do you have to download the whole game. Just do the setup and overwrite the installation :)

Lad den client auf der webseite runter und führ die setup.exe aus. Lösche aber nicht die Datein. sonst musst du alles runterladen. Einfach drüberbügeln =)

Edited by Skysurfy