Do Flashpoints reward one class too often?

I've noticed a strange trend, especially when doing lower level flashpoints. In my experience, you will get loot for one and only one class throughout the entire flashpoint more often than not. Normally, I would be the first one to say that random means that this can happen and that anecdotal evidence doesn't mean a whole lot but it's happened so often in the last 4 months that I'm suspecting something is not right.

I recently made a Juggernaut and it's happened in all 5 flashpoints I've run (not to mention a ton of times on my Republic characters).

- ran BT with 2 Juggs, Powertech and Sorcerer: all Aim loot

- ran Hammer Station with Jugg, Sorcerer, Marauder, Mercenary: all Willpower loot

- was run through Athiss and Mand. Raiders by a 50 Assassin as Jugg with a Sorcerer tagging along - all Strength loot (in both)

- ran BT with 2 Powertechs, Jugg, Operative - all Strength loot

Have other people seen this enough to realize that it's defying the odds of randomization or am I having an exceptional experience?

Edited by Aeryl

Its just you. Run the flashpoint 1000 times and give us your statistical analysis then.

I know, because BioWare's programming has been so tight that there's no way they could have messed up the determiner for making sure armor doesn't drop for people who can't use it.

Just bad luck mate, ran 12 HM's so far with the same 2 players, me and another sage with a shadow tank and every single bit of loot from any boss / random drop anything what so ever has been smug/JK, JK only seems to drop when we dont have one in the party.

It could just be random bad luck, but I have noticed it as well. When I leveled my sent as my first roll it seemed like very rarely did I get good gear out of flashpoints and heroics. When I did it always seemed to come in bunches and sometimes others in the group complained. My vanguard seems to fare better, but I hardly run FPs and heroics with him because it's impossible to get a pug nowadays.

I've often wondered if the class of the person who started the group had an impact on the type of gear in any particular instance.I usually joined pugs started by others with my sent, but usually start them with my trooper.

Hello there,

We saw this thread and thought we would also link you to these changes below outlined in the 1.2 Patch Notes on the PTS. Hope you find the helpful!

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Game Update 1.2 PTS Patch Notes

Last Updated: 3/27/2012

Flashpoints and Operations

• Random loot on some bosses in Normal Mode Flashpoints has been significantly improved.

Items and Economy

• Loot drops from endgame activities, such as Operations and Flashpoints, now take group composition into account.