Nobody wants to do Lost Island, (they see no point in it)

I don't belong to a raiding guild. In fact, my guild has a whopping 2 active members, including myself, and we're fairly casual in our playtime. When I do LI it is usually with either friends we've met doing other FPs, or with players we pick up in Fleet. What makes you say that non-raiders can't obtain blackhole commendations? That's completely bogus. Incompetent players likely can't obtain them, but that has nothing to do with raiding. Hell, you get 6 commendations a week even if you can't handle HM LI. You do get gear progression through Blackhole gear, the problem is that you don't want to put forth any effort to get it.

Yes a whole whopping 6 Black Hole commendations from doing the weekly, i'm holding onto them with unabated breath for the next 10 weeks to get my first piece of Black Hole gear........oh the joy......../sarcasm

I couldnt give a monkeys @#$% how many people are in your guild or who you run LI with, your weak referance to "effort" is the same smear slogan thats been used for the last 7 years so you'll have to excuse me if I ignore your pointless comment while shaking my head and having a giggle.

Introduce 4 man raids and i'll be happy to run them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..., your weak referance to "effort" is the same smear slogan thats been used for the last 7 years so you'll have to excuse me if I ignore your pointless comment while shaking my head and having a giggle.

I though the concept of reward matching the efforts or the risks is an age-old concept, haven't your parents taught you this?

there are so many motto using that concept

- no guts, no glory

- no pain, no gain

- To win without risk is to triumph without glory. (Pierre Corneille, 'The Cid,' 1636)

...I keep reading this and hearing people say you need full Rakata or raid gear to beat the instance, and I'm wondering why people think that. If you're following the mechanics, it's not a prohibitively difficult instance at all. I know this is the internet and you have to take everything with a grain of salt, but my group last night had:

- A relatively well geared marauder (1/2 rakata, 1/2 columi, fill in spots with PVP gear)

- An undergeared DPS sorc (crafted rakata, 2/3 rakata daily implants, other level 50 blue.... rest columi or recruit)

- An undergeared healer (crafted rakata, 2/3 daily implants, 1/2 columi 1/2 tionese, rakata mainhand though)

- Me, an average geared tank (campaign offhand, but mostly columi otherwise)

This reads more like an admission that anyone without Campaign gear is undergeared for an instance that does not drop ANY campaign gear and holds a ONE rakata chest drop at the end.

If you believe that you need some campaign gear or mostly rakata to clear this instance, then this instance should drop more rakata pieces. The drop quality does not match the challenge.

Yes a whole whopping 6 Black Hole commendations from doing the weekly, i'm holding onto them with unabated breath for the next 10 weeks to get my first piece of Black Hole gear........oh the joy......../sarcasm

I couldnt give a monkeys @#$% how many people are in your guild or who you run LI with, your weak referance to "effort" is the same smear slogan thats been used for the last 7 years so you'll have to excuse me if I ignore your pointless comment while shaking my head and having a giggle.

Introduce 4 man raids and i'll be happy to run them.

8 Black Hole comms actually. But yes, that's not much of a difference.