Star Wars Canon

logankeepes

Since buying this game i have become very interested in the Star Wars Universe: books, movies, games, etc.

There are no books predating The Old Republic era, that i can find. I'm wondering if there are any books out there that showcase the first EVER jedi/sith first finding their powers and connection with the Force. Do any of you know any books like that?

also, which books would you recommend so that you're caught up to the Old Republic era, and which books piece the Old Republic with the movies?

-- Thanks!

The Old Republic Era is mostly covered in comics rather than novels. The fairly new, and ongoing, series Dawn of The Jedi covers the origin of the Jedi and Sith. The comic series Knights Of The Old Republic is pretty good, and gives a good background on the era. A lot of the backstory for TOR comes from a series called Tales of The Jedi, which I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone reading.

The only Old Republic era novels I'm aware of are the TOR tie-in novels and Red Harvest which is a prequel to the amazing book Death Troopers (which if you haven't read is my top recommendation). If you're just looking for a good SW book try the X-Wing series, a new one (Mercy Kill) just came out, and every novel in the series is wonderful. A lot of people like the Clone War era Shatterpoint and The Medstar series, but they weren't my favorites.